- 7+ years of experience in the Information Technology Industry as a QA tester in manual and automation testing. Firm knowledge of different phases of Software Testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Agile Methodology and Waterfall.
- Experience in Quality Assurance in Manual Testing, Automated Testing, Database Testing, Web base application and Client/Server based applications.
- Worked in multiple domains like Finance, Health Care, Insurance and Telecom Domains.
- Developed and executed Test Plan, Test Cases, and Test scripts for various applications.
- Automation experience using Selenium IDE/RC/ Web Driver and TestNG frameworks.
- Expertise in Web - service testing using SOAP UI.
- Knowledge in using and maintaining automation framework using Appium.
- Experience in Planning and execution of Performance, Load and Stress tests for Web applications.
- Worked on multiple projects, and Extensively involved in User acceptance testing(UAT),End to End, System Integration Testing(SIT), Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Validation testing, Backend testing, Performance Testing, batch process testing and Cross-Browser testing.
- Good knowledge of Perl, Python and Bash scripting.
- Experience in Web debugging tools like XPath, Firepath, and Firebug and also provided efficient locators for strategies like Xpath and CSS to run web driven scripts.
- Worked on end to end testing using Selenium web drivers/RC/IDE/Grid, TestNG/Junit and also web services like REST and SOAP.
- Extensive experience in data driven, keyword driven and hybrid test automation frameworks.
- Experienced in continuous integration using JENKINS to support tools likes CVS subversion, GIT and execute Apache ANT and apache Maven.
- Proficient in Bug Severity analysis, Bug tracking system and Bug Reporting. Can prioritize issues on the basis of important, urgent and hot fixes and Proficient in Tracking and Reporting defects using Industry and Internal tracking tools like Quality Center, Jira and Bugzilla.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Methodologies: Agile and Waterfall
Languages: Object-oriented Programming in C,C++, Python and Java
Testing Tools: QTP, Selenium WebDriver, SOAP UI, Jmeter, Load Runner
Testing Framework: JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, ANT, Maven, Jenkins
Query language: SQL
Database: Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2
Operating Systems: MS-Windows, VMware, Unix, Linux and OS/2
Other Tools: Rational Clear Quest, Putty, JIRA, Version One, Test Director, QC/ALM
Version Control: Visual Source Safe, Rational Clear case
ERP: PeopleSoft HCM/HRMS, SAP R/3 etc.
Confidential, Latham, NY
Automation Test Engineer - API web service tester
- Developed automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Used Selenium WebDriver using TestNG and Eclipse for automation in Hybrid model.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in Java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Extensively used Selenium locators like (Xpath, CSS Selectors, Fire Bug, Fire path locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Created whole test framework using Selenium for further test creation and execution.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using Selenium WebDriver.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Performed API Level testing for web services, enhanced the Test harness and developed many Test suites using XML and Python.
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
- Performed Coded UI automation testing for the application using Microsoft Test Manager.
- Uploaded test cases executed test cases and logged defects in Mercury Quality Center.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Connected to database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Performed back end testing on Oracle Database by writing SQL quarries.
- Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each Confidential deliverables.
- Validated soap response using various Assertions such as XPath, Contains, SOAP Fault, Schema Compliance etc.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Test NG, SOAPUI, Cucumber, Maven, XPATH, Eclipse, Jenkins, Fire path, Firebug, Python, HTML, XML, agile, Quality center, Coded UI, Test Manager, Mobile Testing, SQL, Oracle and Windows.
Confidential, Oklahoma City, OK
- Effectively implemented different QA methodologies/policies, strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Created and maintained automated test script for API testing using Junit.
- Automated Smoke and Functional test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Junit and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Integrated Automation scripts () in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Selenium WebDriver APIScript. Created Project plan on Jenkins configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and Junit functions which reads data from property and XML files.
- Configured and scheduled jobs in Jenkins.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using SeleniumWebDriver, Junit, Ant and Jenkins.
- Used Firebug/Firepath to do web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Created automated TestSuite using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Involved in estimation and preparation of test case scenarios and test plan documentation for validating and reporting.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java / Junit).
- Used SeleniumWebDriverAPI to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Automated code downloads and email notifications using UNIX Shellscripts.
- Responsible for understanding high level (cross-Browser) business processes related to their application area and its interfaces to other applications.
- Created selenese JUNIT test case for various functional modules, modified, debugged and executed using JUNIT plug in to Eclipse IDE.
- Wrote test cases, implemented, ran, added versions and iterations using Test Manager for positive, negative and END-TO- END Test cases.
- Used XML files in Sending/receiving XML requests using SOAP UI.
- Performed Regression testing of applications after defects are fixed and any new functionality is implemented in to the QA. Supported the Business team for executing UAT test cases.
- Performed Database Change Verification testing using Oracle and SQL queries.
- Verified data integrity by back-end testing of the application by writing SQL queries.
- Uploaded test cases executed test cases and logged defects/bugs in Quality Center.
- Used BDD framework with Cucumber, Java and created future files with scenario and scenario outline files.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven and Java.
- By using the Appium, java developed the automation script for the mobile applications.
Confidential, Brentwood TN
- Developed and executed test plans and test cases based on business requirements and functional specifications.
- Involved in using Quality Center for managing the defect. Performed manual Back-End testing by writing SQL Queries for validating user information in the tables.
- Performed Functionality Testing and Integration testing using HP Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Determined test approaches for various testing strategies like Functional, System, Regression, Usability testing, Alpha, Beta testing and executed using HP Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Rest Web Service testing using Http Client Java library.
- Performed Manual Testing of this Web application and automated it by using selenium.
- Identified software defects and interacted with developers to resolve them.
- Execution of nightly run automated scripts.
- Participated in various meetings, discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Worked under Agile Scrum Methodology.
- Reported the bugs/defects through JIRA
- Responsible for Setting up Web Services project using WSDL in SOAP UI and provided setup help to other team members.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFULL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool.
Environment: SoapUI, SQL Server, Quality Center, HTML, XML, Java Script, Oracle, Windows XP.
Confidential, Watertown, MA
- Worked closely with the business team and development team to develop the test plan for the client server application.
- Conducted weekly walkthrough's and inspections to review the testing progress.
- Investigated and recommended the manual testing and automation testing tool for application.
- Involved in both manual and automation testing.
- Participated in Business Analysis, Requirements Review and Technical specs inspection
- Involved in developing test cases from Business Requirements in Quality Center
- Responsible for performing System Integration Testing and Regression Testing
- Participated in testing various interfaces (Inbound and Outbound) of Facets
- Involved in validation of HIPAA for 837 claims used for Professional, Institutional and Dental billings
- Involved in validation and verification of data
- Involved in Test Execution, Results Analyzing and Defect Reporting
- Developed Base line scripts for testing the future releases of the Application
- Developed and executed SQL queries using TOAD and stored procedures to validate the data
- Tracked defects using Quality Center and conducted defect review meetings
- Used Quality Center as a test management tool for requirements, test cases, test execution and defect reporting
- Involved in Testing along with Developers to resolve the technical problems encountered in the Application
- In backend testing developed complex SQL scripts like stored procedures, triggers, cursors, functions.
- Created views using SQL to limit the access of the fellow QA engineers to the database as per the need.
- Checked the data integrity in between front end and backend with database checkpoints created in VBScripts using DB connection and also by manually queries in the database.
- Provided governance for UAT and Unit testing.
- Participated in Weekly Project status meeting and involved in improving the testing Process.
Environment: Mainframe, DB2, Toad, Business Intelligence, Java, Windows XP, MS SQL Server 2008, Visual Studio 2008, UAT, Web Services, VBScript, UNIX, Windows 2003 server, Oracle 10g, TFS 2010, SOAP UI, Agile/Scrum Methodology.
- Involved in analyzing user requirements for application enhancements and preparing testing specifications.
- Developed test scenarios and test procedures based on the test requirements.
- Participated in preparation of Test Plans.
- Executed functional and system tests manually.
- Executed Test Scripts and analyzed the results based on the specifications.
- Extensively involved in Regression testing.
- Performed Integration and User Acceptance Tests throughout the SDLC of the application.
- Generated Defect Reports and the summary and progress graphs for the application.
- Communicated with Functional Analyst on any issue clarifications.
- Actively participated in Bug Track meetings.
- End to end testing on validating the claims functionality including data validation from source to destination tables.
- Submitted Coverage Status Report of tests performed on weekly basis.
- Involved in project meetings and interacted with other team members in order to resolve the problems.
Environment: Manual Testing, SQL, User Acceptance Test Cases (UAT), Agile Testing Methodology, UNIX, MS SQL Server.