- Over 5+ years of diverse experience in information technology with emphasis in Software development life cycle (SDLC) specialized in Quality Assurance Process and Methodologies in various Client server and web based Application.
- Specialized in preparing and executing software Test Plans, Test cases, testing and implementation of both Manual and Automation of test cases for various systems using Mercury Tools, Quality Center, and Test Director Quick Test Pro.
- Experience in Automating Web application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Proven ability in writing Junit for automating the test cases and regression testing using Selenium.
- Experience in Test case automation using Junit, TestNG.
- Expert in Quality Management Systems implementations, mostly involved in gathering requirements, documentation, bug tracking issues, end user training.
- Expert in Mercury Quality Center, writing Test plans, Test cases, Test scripts.
- Quality Assurance/Testing/Process Improvement: QA Architecture, Software testing methodologies, Six Sigma, tools and industry standards.
- Extensive experience in SDLC processes like - Agile and Waterfall
- Expert in performing Manual and Automated Functionality and GUI Testing (Web based applications), Regression testing and Integration testing.
- Experience in Security remediation by intercepting or hacking the requests to test for Security vulnerabilities
- Accomplished in Back-end testing of databases using SQL Queries as well as automated testing using Mercury Imperative’s QTP, selenium Webdriver.
- Specialization includes GUI, Business Testing, Functionality Testing, Manual testing, Black box Testing, System testing, including integration, Performance, Stress, Load and Regression Testing of Web and Client/Server based application and UAT using Automated Testing tools like Selenium, QTP, Load Runner, Quality Center.
- Ability to identify, define, log, track and retest defects, Ability to evaluate and analyze defects for source/root cause and provide sound analysis reporting for defect resolution using Quality Center (Quality Center).
- Experience in testing Web-based (Java), Mobile Testing, E-commerce, and Client-Server applications on different environments.
- Specialization in Object Oriented Programming, Java Application Development, Internet /Intranet based multi-tier Applications, web designing, hosting and administering servers.
- Thorough knowledge of multiple RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server,DB2, MS Access) & ODBC concepts
- Ability to test backend applications by writing SQL
- Report on testing progress and strategy and provide interpretation and insight on progress to inform management to take decisions
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional team building, Leadership, Project Management, Excellent Problem solving and interpersonal skills. A quick learner, a great team player and able to work independently.
- Maintained teams and projects, as well as excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
Languages: SQL, C, C++, JAVA, JSP, SERVLETS
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL SERVER, MS-ACCESS
Application/Web servers: Tomcat
Testing Tools: Quick test Professional 10.0, Quality Center 11
Defect Tracking Tools: IBM Rational Clear Quest and Quality Center
Requirement Management Tools: IBM Rational test manager
Editors: MS Office Suite
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 2000/2003/2007, UNIX
Test Management & Bug tracking tools: Quality Center 9.2, jira
WEB: HTML, XML, DHTML, and Web Sphere
Configuration management: SVN, VSS
Build tools: ant, maven
DB Tools: TOAD
Automation Tools: Selenium WebDriver, APPIUM, Quick test Professional
Confidential, Irving, Texas
- Actively involved in QA activities and development support of various interfaces like involvement in writing Test Plans/Test Cases for System /Interface Requirements and Business requirements.
- Reviewed functional and non-functional system requirements and constructed a conceptual design and detailed designs that align processes and technologies to achieve business objectives.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and Web Driver to test the web application.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Extensively used Selenium IDE to record, playback and debug individual test cases, using Selenium Web Driver provided more flexibility in automating test cases.
- Performed cross browser functional testing using Selenium Webdriver.
- Created Selenium/java tests for advertising regression testing and production monitoring purposes.
- Exported Test Case Scripts in Eclipse IDE and modified the selenium scripts and executed.
- Run tests by using Selenium remote control in different browsers.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers like Internet Explorer and Mozilla Fire Fox on different Operating Systems (validation).
- Performed usability, GUI, Functionality and regression testing of the new builds.
- Execute stress/load scripts utilizing JMeter to determine real-world scalability of web sites and web applications.
- Helped in performance testing for API using JMeter, by writing and running the performance test, collect data, and generate reports.
- Extracted the Business Requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD)
- Analyzing and reviewing the project requirements.
- Participated in User story discussion and requirement grooming.
- Participated in sprint planning and review meetings
- Collaborated with BA, development team and product owners.
- Define and execute functional, usability, regression and automation tests on the application
- Participate in team review of requirements documentation for purposes of test planning and to validate requirements testability - define test environment requirements
- Identify testing tasks and associated estimates, proper implementation and utilization of various tools, including issue tracking, test case definition tracking and test case execution
- Implement and develop overall test strategy and test plan for manual and automated testing
- Performed Smoke Testing of the Application on Pre-production and production Environment
- Coordinate and facilitate Test Readiness Reviews
- Coordinating with the developers for resolution of defects, coordination
- Helped in writing business scenarios for E2E testing and providing test data for User Acceptance Testing.
- Actively involved with scrum and sprint meetings, managing product backlog, removing obstacles to progress, re-allocating resources where necessary, prioritizing and review milestones and accomplishments.
Environment: Java, Python, Selenium (IDE, Junit, Web driver), Eclipse IDE, TestNG, Agile, Scrum, JIRA, HP ALM Quality Centre, HTML/XML, Unix/Linux.
Confidential, Overland Park, KS
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed Manual Tests by analyzing product use cases, and requirements as well as technical design and implementation artifacts to create test cases that execute the specific product functions.
- Created whole test framework using Selenium WebDriver for further test creation and execution.
- Performed performance and load testing by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Extensively involved in identifying test cases to automate. Automated those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE)
- Responsible creating the functional testing framework using TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver for writing Automated Scripts with Java.
- Developed framework using TestNG, Page Object Model.
- Developed automation framework to test SOAP based WebServices using TestNG.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Developed Shell/Perl/Ruby/PHP Scripts for automation purpose
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Used Maven to help manage project's build, report and documentation across the network.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages on Jenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for nightly batch run of the script.
- Performed GUI, Functional and Regression testing by automation using Selenium, TestNG, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Performed black-box testing, white-box testing, integration testing and regression testing on the applications.
- Participated in internal and cross functional code and design reviews.
- Used Firebug and XPath for the web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Created the data driven framework using HP Service Test and SOAP UI.
- Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Inserted check points and parameterized the test by replacing the fixed values with parameters and checked how the application performs the same operation with multiple sets of data in QTP/UFT.
- Performed Data Driven testing in QTP/UFT for checking the dynamic behavior of the application and analyzed the results.
- Experience with Regular expression, recovery scenario in QTP/UFT.
- Collaborated with development and QA team to write highly detailed test plans and writing test cases using Quality Center.
- Used SQL Queries to retrieve the data from the table and to perform Backend Testing.
- Developed SQL Queries/SQL Procedures to test data load.
- Played a key role in production releases and perform UAT test of the system.
- Contributed to Team Effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Worked in cooperation with all members within organization and project.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Page Object Model (POM),HP - ALM Quality Center/ALM Jenkins, TestNG, Maven, SOAP UI, Agile, Quality Center, Eclipse, XPath, Firebug, SQL and Windows.
Confidential, Salisbury, NC
- Responsible for review of requirements from Business Functional Specifications and conducted code as well as application design walkthroughs with Business, dev team and test team members respectively to create Application Design Document.
- Created Test related documents such as Test Plan, Test Scenario, and Test Cases throughout the STLC.
- Worked in Agile, scrum, and sprint environment in order to change the requirements and features set.
- Involved in writing various test cases and test scripts.
- Worked as a QA Tester and responsible for analyzing and understanding the requirements.
- Participated in Requirements walkthrough meeting.
- Tested against the documentation for Verification of transactions at POS. End to End testing for daily operations at POS which involve store opening and closing procedure testing, Tax table verification, New hire confirmation.
- Also for Credit card, Debit card and Gift card authorization validation at POS and backend.
- Performed the execution of the test cases and tested the application features likes payment options, coupons, Wic, eWic, etc.
- Managed automated and manual test cases in HP Quality Center.
- Worked closely with the development team to get the QA activities done effectively.
- Logged the defects and properly handled the issue resolution.
- Extensive use of SQL to query the Oracle database.
- Involved in database testing by writing SQL queries.
- Performed Functionality and Regression Testing of application using Quality Center.
- Report project status, concerns and issues to QA Manager and QA Lead.
- Worked with the team lead to define data requirements and to identify Checkpoints during the Interface Testing.
- Defect tracking and reporting using Quality Center.
- Responsible for providing the daily testing status.
- Responsible for weekly status meetings showing progress and future testing efforts to the QA Manager. Performed rigorous manual testing such Functional Testing, Smoke testing, Integration testing, UAT Testing, Backend Testing, Regression Testing, End to End Testing and System Testing.
Environment: SQL. PL/SQL, POS, QTP, Visual Studio, Quality Center/ALM, JIRA
Confidential, Chicago IL
- Analyzed Business Requirement Document and Technical Specifications Document to identify
- Performed manual and functional testing on various parts of the application and used Quality Center for offshore defect tracking and QC for onsite defect tracking
- Responsible for Manual Testing and Automation Testing.
- Used Quality center as Test Management, Defect tracking tool and also executed automated QTP test scripts from QC.
- Analyzed existing trade lifecycle from client initiation to post-trade compliance including coordination with broker-dealers and DTCC
- Used QTP for Regression testing of the application to make sure the submission and approval process of the adding/changing products, checkout and payment as intended.
- Performed manual testing to conduct backend testing using UNIX shell scripts and SQL Queries
- Worked with different modules of Quality Center such as Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, Defects and Dashboard module.
- Prepared various test reports from Quality Center such as Test Execution Status, Test Execution Summary, Defect Summary/Details report.
- Used SQL queries to validate the data between the backend and the front end
- Created test cases for various modules in MS Excel and exported them to Quality Center for Test Case Management.
- Reviewed extensive SQL Queries with complex multi-table joins and nested queries.
- Involved in reviewing complex SQL queries, views, functions and stored procedures and spotting issues before/during code migration.
- Conducted system health tests and regression tests after every new build.
- Experience in performing end-to-end User Acceptance Testing (UAT
- Set-up, co-ordinate & conduct system & UAT testing with Business Analysts and end-field users after the applications were all set.
- Conducted reviews with clients and User Acceptance Testing teams
- Developed test scripts for the test cases in QTP for functional and regression testing.
- Used SQL queries to validate the data between the backend and the front end
- Uncovered multiple issues related to the data population in the backend database using QTP.
- Performed rigorous manual testing such Functional Testing, Smoke testing, Integration testing, UAT Testing, Backend Testing, unit testing, Regression Testing, End to End Testing and System Testing
- Performed Database testing using SQL queries
- Executed the Test Scripts in Quality Center.
- Defects are logged using Quality Center and follow up with Business and Developers to discuss about the issues.
- Actively participated in Walkthroughs and Daily status report meetings.
Environment: C#, .NET, Java, QTP, Windows, Unix, SQL Server, Quality Center, XML, HTTP.