- 6+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Software Testing of Web - based, Client/Server Technologies and Proficient in both manual and automated testing process with Selenium-java in Financial and Retail Industry organizations.
- Extensive experience in reviewing and analyzing Business Requirements and writing detailed Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts
- Created test plans and test cases for both Systems Integration and End to End testing, followed the defect life cycle throughout the testing.
- Participated in Quarterly Production installs and conducted Production Validation by executing regression tests to ensure the stability of environment
- Extensively used Jenkins for Continuous Integrated development.
- Extensive Experience in Writing SQL Statements in Oracle, SQL Server.
- Hand on experience in Soap UI for testing the Web services.
- Used SVN, GIT Version Control for maintaining project documents and code.
- Developing automation testing framework using Selenium, Web driver by java.
- Worked on ATDD and Data Driven frame works to develop the Automation scripts.
- Used Ruby and Java through Selenium to test the services
- Used Gherkin script to create the Test Scenarios.
- Hand on experience on UNIX for monitoring the logs on servers.
- Very good experience working on Agile Environment.
- Used tools Putty and Winscp to connect to UNIX servers
Programming Languages: C, Java, Ruby and SQL
Automated/Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, RC, Web Driver, Grid, Soap UI, Quality Center.
Scripting Languages: Java Script, VBScript, Html, Xml, Gherkin.
Bug Tracking Tools: Version One, TFS, ALM/Quality Center 10/11 and Jira.
Reporting Tools: TestNG, JUnit, Maven, Eclipse.
OS/DB: Windows 98/2000, SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 , Oracle, UNIX.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Automation Test Engineer
- Developed letter templates to fulfil the business requests using HP Exstream to send the letter through different channels like EMAIL, Print, Certified Mail.
- Performed letter content testing using HP Output compare and ADA testing for email letters using Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Used VBScript to develop the letters in HP Exstream.
- Performed UAT with the business for the user stories in the Sprint.
- Experience in Writing test cases and test execution for different modules.
- Used selenium/Cucumber testing framework to test the application
- Used ATDD frame work to create and execute scenarios in the sprint
- Managed regression test scripts and maintained end user documentation to facilitate hardware and software deployment.
- Used QC to track the defects in integration testing.
- Co-ordinated with other teams to perform Integration testing.
- Worked with the vendors to perform end to end testing to verify the file transfer and the quality of the letter.
- Have taken the initiative of preparing documents that were useful for the Project Shared Repository and that were useful for the Testing team.
- Participated Actively in grooming sessions to understand the Business Requirements.
- Involved in Daily Standup meetings and Sprint Retrospective meetings with team.
Environment: HP Exstream, Output compare, Oracle 11g, Version one, Selenium, C, Eclipse, Excel and VBScript.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Automation Test Engineer
- Worked on ATDD framework to test the service.
- Used Gherkin and Cucumber to prepare the Test Scenarios.
- Created Automation Test Plan that contained the details of the Automation tools being used for testing, Automation Test environment URLs of the application under test, reference to the manual test cases that are being automated and the team members involved in the testing
- Used Ruby/Java and selenium to test the Titan and 360 applications.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Used QC and JIRA for defect logging and test management.
- Validated the application behavior across IE, Firefox, Chrome browsers using Sause labs.
- Tested the application under different networks and Internet speeds including on 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi.
- Involved in testing application on different mobile Platform such as iOS and Android devices.
- Performed compatibility testing with various mobile handsets to ensure that functionality working as expected.
- Worked on Agile methodologies with two weeks Sprint.
- Used Version One tool to create and track the tasks.
- Identified bugs, involved in interacting with the team and developers to resolve the issues.
- Created and updated the Automation script as per changes with respect to the sprint releases.
- Created Regression suite for functional testing.
- Used Soap UI tool to test the data through WSDL file.
- Involved in daily team meeting with team to review testing status, issues, and defects.
- Created Test Completion Report (TCR) for signoff the testing.
- Supported regression testing for every release.
- Created DML scripts to validate the data on back end.
Environment: Selenium Web driver, Test NG, Jenkins, Ruby, Java, Cucumber, Gherkin, Version one, QC, Jira, SQL server 2012, Oracle 11 g, intellij.
- Supported test activities associated with Product Point of Sales.
- Evaluated and interpreted Point of Sale requirements created by external vendors.
- Developed relevant Test strategies, Test plans and attended Test case reviews with clients.
- Collecting different baskets from channels and imported into POS.
- Mapping the items with different plans through Solution Master Setup.
- Calculating the tax based on the states where item is purchased.
- Utilized SQL and validation tools to evaluate test results.
- Trained Production support associates on latest Point of Sale functions.
- Conducting reviews on Test deliverables.
- Communicated any schedule conflicts, resource/time constraints with off shore /Onsite team
- Integrated Product test Management to test the applications on EPOS registers.
- Generating daily Status reports with execution metrics, issues and risks.
- Identify the defects and tracked it through Clear Quest.
- Triaging issues and root cause analysis for defects.
- Schedule the Status calls and meetings with different vendors of BestBuy to resolve issues
- Performing APT, Regression testing and supported IPT.
- Used pricing Engine tool to compare the offers in different stores.
- Monitoring the POS LOGs in different stores after tendering the baskets.
- Supported Pre-Pod like validation for different releases.
Environment: Different stores/Registers, Excel, Clear Quest and SQL.
- Created detailed test plan and test cases for Manual testing using Test Director.
- Involved in the review of requirements with functional manager and technical specialists.
- Involved in Writing Test Case and Test Script and Test data.
- Used TFS to open, close Bugs and for Bug tracking purpose.
- Created Test Matrix and analyzed Gap.
- Involved in testing of database using SQL queries.
- Extensive experience in Manual Testing using Black box testing and White box testing.
- Read the process logs in the UNIX server to analyze the defects.
- Performed Regression Testing for fixes and closed the defects.
- Involved in the End-To-End testing.
- Responsible for Manual Testing for Front-end and initial Functional verification.
- Responsible for building the environment of hardware and software for System Testing.
- Used Winscp to log in to Unix server and execute the scripts to start the Streamline process.
- Involved in defect tracking and created various defect reports through TFS.
- Performed database testing with SQL scripts to verify data integrity.
- Provided a weekly project report that includes testing metrics and status reports.
Environment: : Quality Center 10, Manual Testing, SQL Server 2005, .net, Windows XP, Windows 2007, TFS (Defect Tracking Tool), Excel.