To obtain a QA consulting position where I am able to utilize my project management skills, technical skills, development, testing & test management experience and overall business knowledge to influence, and establish strategic business practices and processes, which will result in success for both the organization and myself.
- A seasoned IT Professional with over 16 years of experience in both managing projects, as well as having been a hands - on applications developer, tester, Manager skilled in problem solving and all phases of application lifecycle development. Combined, these experiences provide an all-round view of what is needed to successfully deliver projects according to scope on time and within budget.
- Experienced in the business domains of Federal, Finance, Telecomm Wireless Billing systems, Supply Chain, Warehouse management and Enterprise middleware products.
- Experienced in project Initiation, Planning, Execution, Controlling and closing phases.
- Experienced in managing testing efforts for multiple large projects in matrixed organizations.
- Expert in client Contract deliverables, IV&V, T&E, QA, Test Management, which includes test planning, execution, Process Definition and improvement, Project Management and testing resources management.
- Managed up to a team of 20 testers and business SME’s.
- Able to quickly understand policy/procedural guidance and work without supervision.
- Experience in exercising leadership, motivating people, coaching, mentoring, team building, problem solving and conflict management.
- Experience in monitoring and tracking project tasks as per project plan.
- Experience in using wide range of testing tools, databases, application servers, ETL tools and reporting tools.
- Expert knowledge and hands on experience in Confidential and Rational testing tools.
- Adaptable, energetic, and enthusiastic. Eager to learn and implement business changes.
- Self-motivated and confident in making tough decisions. Creative problem solver.
Technical Skills: Java, C++, C, UNIX, Shell Scripting, VB
Testing Tools: Mercury and Rational suite of products (Win Runner 5.0/7.0, Load Runner 6.5/9.0, Test Director 7.2/8.0,Robot, VU Pack, Test Manager, Jtest and Web Load, Quick Test Professional, Quality Center 9.2 )
Office Tools: MS Office Suite of products, MS Project, Visio, Lotus Notes, MS Exchange Server, Share Point
CM Tools: Clear Case, Clear Quest, PVCS, RUP, DOORS 9.0, Requisite Pro, STARTEAM
Databases: Oracle 7.x/8i/9i/10g, SQL Server 7/2000, Sybase, TOAD
ETL Tools: Cognos Decision Stream, Data Stage, Ab Initio, Business Objects
Application Servers: Web Sphere, Web Logic, IIS 4.0/5.0, Apache
OS: Sun Solaris 2.6/7, Unix, Windows NT 4.0/2000, Windows 95/98, XP, DOS, Confidential UNIX, Shell Scripting.
Sr. Test/QA Consultant
- Manage and deliver deliverables which includes Planning, Execution, Schedule and resource management, contract deliverables, Budget and client communication.
- Developed and managed Master Test Plan, integrated Project plan, schedule risk assessments, risk mitigation planning, and risk reporting for the program.
- Extensive experience in using MS project management tools and Knowledge of the full SDLC and/or CMMI level 3
- Lead the development of system performance goals, test objectives, validation strategies, and test plans for different applications.
- Leading a mid-size technical performance, 508, UAT, IV&V and system testing team.
- Extensive experience with LoadRunner, Jaws and Rational Performance Tester.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with strong program development and presentation experience.
- Collaborative team builder able to guide teams to top performance. Excels Confidential managing multiple teams with multiple priorities in fast-paced environments
- Comprehensive business and technology expertise in program management, vendor management, software development, integration and management
- Responsible for status reporting to senior management and client managers. Worked with the multiple Program managers to plan the schedule for overall delivery of the project.
- Developed the performance test plan for Load Test using Load Runner and executed the performance testing activities.
- Prepared and delivered System Performance Assessments, Capacity Planning and System Evaluation Reports.
- Experienced with backend testing, data query and scripting tools.
- Provided T&E technical advisory support for the Confidential and IV&V team for multiple projects
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal, Web Seal, WebSphere Process Server, Tivoli Access Manager, Tivoli Identify Manager, XML, HTML, SOA, Quality Center, LoadRunner, Rational Performance Tester, JAWS, Wily, SiteScope, SQL Developer. Oracle 10G/11G, Confidential -UX, Linux, MS Project, Visio.
- Manage testing efforts for AQD ESE Project Confidential DOI which includes test Planning, Execution, Schedule and resource management.
- Prepared System Evaluation Reports and Performance Assessments, Production readiness reports and integration testing results reports.
- Managed a team Functional, 508 and UAT testers.
- Responsible for weekly status reporting to senior management and client managers. Worked with the Program manager to plan the schedule for overall delivery of the project.
- Developed Master Test Plan and integrated Project plan schedule and test cases and scripts for the program.
- Responsible for creating and executing the test cases for Functional testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing and UAT.
- Supported post production release and post production defects testing.
- Developed SQL scripts to validate the backend data.
- Worked with Process Server UI to validate the UI data.
- Developed the performance test plan for Load Test using Load Runner and executed the performance testing activities.
- Mapped the test cases for requirements coverage and accuracy using Quality Center.
- Reported, tracked the defect progress using Quality Center and SharePoint list
Environment: IBM WebSphere technology stack and open source tools including WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal, Web Seal, WebSphere Process Server, Tivoli Access Manager, Tivoli Identify Manager, Alfresco, Spring, Hibernate, XML, HTML, SOA, Quality Center, Jaws, LoadRunner, QTP, SQL Developer. Java, JSP, TOAD, Putty, Oracle 10G, SQL, Linux, MS Project, Visio.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Sr. Test Lead
- As a Lead to manage testing deliverables for multiple Confidential projects planned and executed the System, Integration, End to End and performance testing for multiple projects implemented using Oracle, Data Stage ETL and Cognos reporting tools.
- Actively involved in process assessment and improvement tasks which included current testing process review, SLA review, test planning and execution, analysis of the test results, made recommendations and implemented process improvement tasks.
- Lead the efforts to automate about 90% of the system functionality’s using different testing tools and technologies.
- Met and exceeded the business user’s expectations on the quality of the applications go to prod Environment.
- As part of the leadership team actively participated to make all the strategy decisions related to testing for multiple projects.
- Managed the overall delivery of the project and deliverables and team of 7-8 testers.
- Defined and implemented the backend testing framework for Confidential .
- Expanded the working relationship if the testing organization with product management and technology team
Confidential, Washington, DC
Process Assessment and Improvement Principal Consultant
- Assessed the current performance of the applications and reviewed the existing testing and QA processes.
- Reviewed the SLA and prepared review report which includes making changes to the SLA to improve monitoring the performance of TAIMS application.
- Performance test planning and execution which includes preparing test plan, test scripts and test scenarios.
- Managed the overall delivery of the project and deliverables to the client.
- Reviewed performance test results and developed recommendations.
- Reviewed the testing process and made recommendations to improve the overall testing process.
- Applied TMAP and TPI best practices for doing process assessment and improvement.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Servicing Rewrite Consultant-Test Lead
- Responsible for planning and executing System tests of A cquisitions and servicing modules.
- Leading a team of testers to plan and execute System testing efforts for Servicing - Book and Tax accounting functional module.
- Leading, Managing and mentoring a team of 6 testers. Developed, reviewed the Test Plan, Test Scripts, test cases.
- Responsible for reviewing Requirements, Design and Test Validation scripts. Reviewed SQL and Shell scripts written for test results validation.
- Using Win runner and Quick Test Pro for the Automation testing.
- Involved in Design, development and execution of Automation Scripts. Responsible/Created test data Loan files for testing the system with different loan products.
- Responsible to report day-to-day testing progress to the Project management and Business personals.
Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Successfully completed System/Integration and Performance test Planning and Execution for Confidential OTA Rel-0.
- Successfully completed SIT and Performance test Planning and Execution for Data mart reporting phase-1.
- Lead a team of testers to plan and execute SIT testing efforts for OTA (On Top Adjustments) and Financial Reports.
- Mentoring, Leading and managing a team of up to 7 testers.
- Responsible for complete test Planning and Execution of System, Integration and performance testing of Confidential reporting system.
- Developed/Reviewed the Test Plan, Test Scripts, test cases for testing different modules of the System. Responsible for doing Requirements review, Design Reviews and Test validation scripts review.
- Wrote SQL and Shell scripts for doing test results validation.
- Responsible for creating the test data for the Confidential project to test the application with small subset of data which covers end to end test scenarios.
- Involved in test scripts review, Test data preparation and execution for FAS140, CRS, ACS, ICM Sales, ICM Commitments and ICM Data mart reporting.
- Involved in testing conversion of Shell and Perl scripts to a Java based system. Responsible to report day-to-day testing progress to the Project management and Business.
Confidential, Saint Louis, MO
Warehouse Management System (WMS) Consultant
- Responsible for testing a multi year custom J2EE rewrite supply chain project. Mentoring, Leading and managing a team of 15 testers and business personals.
- Responsible for complete test Planning and Execution of Integration, System, Regression, Performance, E2E and UAT testing.
- Developed the Test Plan, Test scenarios, test cases for testing different work packets, System, Interfaces, reports. Responsible for the complete performance test planning and execution Confidential different user level load.
- Responsible for testing Data conversion and migration.
- Responsible to test different interfaces interfacing with 23 internal and external systems using MQ series and XML.
- Involved in Requirements review, Design Reviews.
- Responsible to report day-to-day testing progress to the Project management and customer.
- Using Test Director 8.0 for maintaining the test plan, test cases and tracking defects. Expert in using Mercury and Rational test tools for doing regression, load and performance testing.
- Developed performance and load test scripts using Web Load tool. Member of Production support team to handle support calls.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Consultant-QA Team Lead
- Developed the Test Plan, Test scenarios, test cases for testing different modules and interfaces of the Atlys system.
- Responsible for testing Database conversion scripts used to convert the data to Atlys. Tested the different functionalities of Atlys (P2K) 7.0, Switch Manager 5.0, Mediation Manager (RPM) 7.1, RAS 7.1, and Usage Mediation.
- Used Test Director 7.2 for maintaining the test plan, test cases and tracking defects. Developed test scripts using Winrunner 7.0 and Load runner 6.5 for doing the functional testing and load testing of different modules.
- Responsible for testing different Data Warehouse functionalities like Data feed from Atlys, Cognos Decision Stream ETL process, reports developed using Crystal reports for different business groups.
- Tested the Java XML parser used to convert the XML usage data to load in to ODS. Did the system testing for Crystal Enterprise server 8.0, Oracle 8i, and ETL process in Data warehouse. Involved in performance test planning and execution for Sunscreens, which is a front-end application to activate customer accounts.
- Involved in testing different interfaces like Credit card processing, Lockbox, Fraud Buster, Confidential check, EFT, Self-care etc.
- Lead a team of testers for doing Functional testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Integration testing, System testing, Configuration testing, End to End testing.
- Tested the Vantive customer care application interface to the Atlys billing system.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Wireless Application Server Consultant
- Responsible for testing the product suite and report the bugs using the bug reporting system. Also work with developers closely to fix the bug and retest the defects. Mainly working on White box testing of the codes written in JAVA and XML.
- Preparation of Test Plan and Test Cases for different modules of the product. Worked on Functional testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Integration testing, System testing, Configuration testing.
- Did the performance test planning and execution of the product with different user load levels. Also worked very closely with the technical team to fine-tune the Web logic configurations to get better performance.
- Tested the mobile processing server for the compatibility with application servers and web servers. Tested the product with different messaging products.
- Testing the integration of the product with different application servers and middleware products, and different mobile devices. Writing test Automation scripts for Load testing.
Sr. S/W Engineer /Project Leader
- Reviewed Business Requirement documents and the Technical Specification as per the client needs. Responsible for the requirement analysis, design and documentation.
- Lead a team of Web developers, Programmer, QA Engineers and Graphic designers. Worked on JAVA (Servlets, JSP, BEANS, and JDBC) and ASP technologies for the Server side programming.
- Responsible for testing the applications as per the specification requirements. Mainly did Black box and White box testing.
- Developed dynamic Database driven Web sites for corporate companies. Written the server side programming using ASP. Also involved in system study, design and documentation work.