Six plus years of experience in software quality assurance and software testing in various industries, projects, and environments. Specialized in Manual and Automation testing of client - server, standalone, multi-tier, and web-based application. Extensive experience in writing test plans, test cases, setting up test environment, preparing test scenarios test data and developing requirement traceability, defect tracking and test result analysis. Seeking to pursue a challenging position where I can utilize my experience, expertise and help to maintain and deliver quality software.
- Expertise in define and develop quality assurance test plans and test cases by analyzing business and technical requirements, system design document and use cases documents.
- Experience in gathering and defining functional and user interface requirements for software applications.
- Experience in working with V-Model, Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies
- Interact with clients for Quality discussions and define QA deliverables to clients.
- Expertise in diverse domain technologies Banking, Mortgage, Insurance, Healthcare, Ecommerce.
- Expertise in developing, test cases, test Scenarios, preparing test data, creating traceability matrix, test matrix and bug documentation.
- Experience in automation testing using industry standard testing tools Quick Test Professional and Unified Functional Testing
- Experience in generated test scripts with recording, keyword driven methodology and descriptive programming using Quick Test Professional and Unified Functional Testing.
- Expertise in test management tools HP Quality Center, ALM and Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and Bug tracking tolls JIRA.
- Experience in developing and executing SQL queries in an MS SQL Server and Oracle environment to confirm database operations performed by software applications.
- Experience in CMMI level software development environment
- Managed all testing processes and tracked progress of every test.
- Excellent knowledge of 508 testing activities, web application and 508 compliance quality standards.
- Specialized in functional, positive, negative, integration, system and regression testing.
- Experience in effectively present technical information to various audiences ranging from the client, developer to project manager.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks independently as well as collaboratively with team members in testing complex projects.
- Self-motivated, team oriented, have strong communication skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously. Experience in working in highly dynamic and challenging environment.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, establishes priorities, meet project milestones and deliverable dates.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong ability to influence others and build a consensus.
- Extensive experience in configure hardware/software assemble and modify existing pieces of equipment to meet special needs.
Operating System: Windows, Linux, Macintosh
Language: HTML, XML, Visual Basic, VB Script
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access
Testing Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, QTP, UFT, Quality Center, SoapUI, ALM, Microsoft Test Manager
Browser: Chrome, Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera, Firefox
508 Testing Tools: Jaws, Wave
Other tools: Oracle SQL Plus, Toad, SVN, SharePoint, TFS, Citrix
- Involved in Manual and Automate testing to validate health care software meets the requirements specification.
- Developing test plan, test cases and test Scenarios from business requirements.
- Validating all the issues returned from developers and performing regression testing on new builds.
- Performing system integration, and regression testing, assisting clients to identify proper test data and navigational processes of the business transactions.
- Performing manual testing for testing functionality and GUI of the application.
- Develop and executing SQL Queries using Oracle SQL Plus to perform backend database testing
- Created automation test scripts for functional, data driven and regression testing using testing tool Unified Functional Testing.
- Enhancing test scripts by inserting checkpoints, synchronization Points, transition point, flow control statement, parameterization, and adding comment.
- Created XML file to store test data for Regression test suites to reduce scripts maintenance time
- Executed automation test suites and results were reported to management.
- Design functions library, and creating repeatable functions stored them in function libraries and associate functions library with test.
- Performing data driven testing to validate the same set of operation with different set of data.
- Used UFT for Shared Object repository creation and maintenance, used regular expression, re-usable actions, data table, and recovery scenario.
- Created and implemented data driven automation test framework to reduce script maintenance time.
- Attending review meetings of system test plan, test design, test readiness and test completion.
- Attending stand up meeting every day to review workflow and discuss regarding future build.
- Conducting knowledge sharing sessions to educate peers on the subject matter.
- Interacting with business analysts and developers to resolve the technical issues so as to meet the client’s requirement for a better quality software product.
- Attending periodic meetings, teleconferences and led discussions on problem resolution.
- Participating in peer reviews of functional specification, application previews, and test plans/test cases.
- Interacting with developers/BA to follow up on defects/Issues
- Using Microsoft test Manager (MTM) to execute test cases and creating defects.
- Creating everyday work status and report progress of the testing effort.
Tools: MTM (Microsoft Test Manager), Oracle, JAVA, MS word, Excel, VBScript, Unified Functional Testing , Microsoft Team Foundation Server, server 2005, JIRA.
- Worked corporate and institutional banking and other services, insurance, online banking, e-statements, home loans, bank account, credit card, payments etc.
- Developed test plan, test cases and test scenarios from business requirements.
- Participated in software design discussions, reviews and test strategy sessions.
- Developed defect tracking standards and procedures specific to the Project.
- Created, executed, and maintain repeatable manual test cases for new product features and enhancements.
- Worked with users and business analysts to define and design test scenarios and test data.
- Managed defect tracking process, which included prioritizing bugs, assigning bugs and verifying “bug- fixes” using Mercury Interactive Quality Center.
- Interacted with business analysts and developers to resolve the technical issues so as to meet the client’s requirement for a better quality software product.
- Involved in importing requirements, converting them to tests, developing design step executing test cases, logging defects and generating Graphs & Reports, documented final results and summarized issues, defects using Quality Center.
- Wrote SQL queries to test data integrity, and performed database testing for the Application.
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes and update status.
- Developed test scenarios with test data to support test objectives designed test cases for manual testing.
- Conducted knowledge sharing sessions to educate peers on the subject matter
- Interacted with Developers/BA to follow up on defects/issues.
- Prepared and executed Test cases as per the Functional requirement document
- Developed requirement traceability matrix for project to ensure all requirements are mapped to test cases.
- Attended periodic meetings, teleconferences on problem resolution.
Tools: Quick Test Professional, Quality Center, Oracle, JAVA, Windows XP, MS Office, Excel, Windows Server 2008, Oracle10G,, HTML, SQL, TOAD, PL/SQL, Bugzilla
- Analyzed system design documents and involved in the review discussions of business requirements.
- Participated in the QA activities for various releases in the Project.
- Wrote test objectives based on the on functional specifications and system specification for system and Integration testing
- Developed test condition and test data to execute the test.
- Prepared traceability matrix for mapping the requirements with the test cases through HP Quality Center.
- Responsible to provide test analysis report to management and internal project team.
- Collected and analyzed test results and compared them against the target metrics to determine the pass/fail.
- Interacted effectively with peers, management and cross-functional teams to address and resolve issues
- Developed test cases and test scenarios from business requirements.
- Performed regression testing for fixes and closed the defects.
- Involved in End-to-End test and responsible for the Quality Assurance of this application to complete in record time.
- Performed backend testing by extensively using SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database.
- Participated in weekly meetings with the management team and walkthroughs.
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Meet with the developers and technical content writers to update the test documents.
- Conducted manual testing on all application.
- Developed test condition & test data to execute the test scripts.
- Coordinated software defect tracking efforts to ensure satisfactory defect resolution.
- Provided administrative support involving general administrative responsibilities for the day-to-day operations.
- Conducted knowledge sharing sessions to educate peers on the subject matter
- Developed & executed test scenarios for User Acceptance Testing.
- Designing and executing test cases in HP Quality Center.
- Defects tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using HP Quality Center.
Tools: Quality Center, Oracle, SQL Server, JAVA, Windows 2000, MS Office, Excel Quick Test Professional, JIRA, HP Load runner