- Over Nine years of IT experience in QA testing with extensive Web based, Client/server, Web Service for Financial, Banking, and Healthcare domains.
- Experience in creation and execution of Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases using both Manual and Automated testing techniques.
- Experience in gathering data for Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Extensive experience with System testing, Integration testing, Performance testing, Functional/Component testing, Regression testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in analyzing Business Requirements, FRD (Functional Requirement Document) and Specifications.
- Worked with Developers and Business Analysts to analyze the test scenarios and ensure that test requirements are correct and complete.
- Clear Understanding of Business Rules and Ability to work as a part of team
- Coordinated and prioritized outstanding defects and enhancement based on business requirements, allowing sufficient time frame to ensure accuracy.
- Proficient in writing Test Plans & Test Scenarios/Test Cases and documentation of test results in Test Evaluation Summary.
- Checked the data flow through the front and backend and used SQL queries to extract data from the database. Experience in validating the data from the database using DML, DDL statements.
- Experience in using Unix commands to check the output of test cases on Linux OS.
- Extensive working knowledge in UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Experience in Automated Tools like Quick Test Pro, Test Director (8.x), Quality Center (9.x), and Rational Clear Quest, Clear Case, Test Manager).
- Experience in testing Web Services through XML.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure the test case coverage for all requirementss
- Training and Knowledge transfer sessions to team members on various testing methodologies.
- Strong experience in leveraging Quality Center capabilities in Test Management involving Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab and Defect Tracking
- Knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Waterfall, Agile and RUP methodologies
- Good Knowledge on Agile Methodologies (SCRUM model).
- Experience working in Siebel and CRM projects like NGD(Next Generation Desktop), MBP(Medicare Beneficiaries Portal)and Java based APS(Advanced Provider Screening)as a tester using Agile methodology
- Participated in Daily Standup Meetings and Weekly Project Status Meeting with Team Members
- Extensive experience in planning and implementation of various test procedures and test cases with strong analysis and resolution skills.
- Ability to multitask, flexible in adjusting to people, hard working with a realistic attitude and good interpersonal skills.
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills to maintain effective work relationships with all levels of personnel.
- Played roles of QA Tester, QA Analyst and QA specialist.
Testing Tools: QTP, Load Runner, Test Director, ALM - Quality Center, Open STA, JAWS Methodologies RUP, JSON, Waterfall, V-Model, Agile Scrum.
Languages: JAVA, C, VB
RDBMS: SQL-Server, ORACLE 9x, MSSQL, TOAD,ORACLE PL/SQL
Tools: Mark-up Language: XML, HTML
CM Tool: Clear Case, Clear Quest, Remedy, Requisite Pro
Operating System: WINDOWS, UNIX, PUTTY(Linux,) iOSReporting Tools: CoGNOS, Micro Strategy, On Time, Mantis, JIRA.
Confidential, German Town, MD
- Worked on NY E-Z Pass and WEB TOLL BY MAIL both on CRM based Vector and Web app
- Requirement, Analysis of JIRA Tickets assigned during every 3 weeks Sprint.
- Created Test Data, Test Scenarios and Test Results documented.
- Run Batch jobs based on the requirement and create Test data based on Test scenarios.
- Execute Test cases and document Test results.
- Validate the Test Results after executing SQL queries and also verified in Vector UI.
- Run SQL Query in PL/SQL Database and manually do the data setup by changing column values.
- Run Batch jobs in batch server and transmit files from batch to DB server.
- Worked on Invoice Management, Image review, QATP Jobs.
- Worked on Crystal reports integrating with Siebel CRM and PL/SQL
- Tested Complex Test cases involving different Batch jobs.
- Complete Regression Testing of CRM based NY E-Z Pass in OPEN UI
- Validated Test results with Developers and Opened Defect Sub-Task in JIRA.
- Attended Daily Stand up calls during Testing phase for every sprint.
Environment: Windows OS, PUTTY (LINUX),JIRA, SharePoint, Crystal reports, PL/SQL Developer, MS-EXCEL,MS-WORD,DB ServerConfidential, Rockville VA
Senior QA Analyst
- Worked on CMS Medicare contract as a consultant to perform System Integration Testing, System testing, UAT for APS( Advanced Provider Screening).
- Gather data for Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Data.
- Verify System Requirement Document and create Test scenarios, Test Data document the result.
- Gathering requirements using System design documents to write and execute test script and overall test plan.
- Analyzed business requirements, wrote and implemented the Test Scenarios, also wrote manual Test Cases using Quality Center according to Functional Requirement documents and System Design Documents.
- Exported scripts from MS Excel document into the Test Plan Module of Mercury ALM using macros.
- Interacted with developers to ensure early resolution of defects.
- Responsible for logging and updating Defect Status in Mercury Quality Center.
- Performed Regression testing on bug fixes.
- Responsible for preparing Traceability Matrix report.
- Responsible for UAT Metrics reports.
- Responsible for updating Test Completion Matrix reports to monitor testing progress.
- Created the Test Summary Report (TSR) to detail the testing effort such as Test Cases, number of Test Cases passed, failed and status of defects.
- Worked with developers to debug defects and re-test after fixes.
- Created Test Cases having more than 100 steps for new modules which had no earlier base-lines.
- Supported Regression testing
- Checked the data flow through the front and backend and used SQL queries to extract data from the database.
- Assist with UAT testing for the full lifecycle of the project.
- Designing and Executing Test Cases with XML Request files and Response files using Macros and JSON.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using defect tracking tool, Mantis.
- Working with developers to resolve issues and create enhancement tickets for future releases.
- Worked on web service testing using XML.
- Evaluated, maintained, and administered issue tracking tool MANTIS and managed issues with JIRA
Environment: Windows OS, Android OS, iOS, TOAD, MS EXCEL,MS WORD, VMware, CITRIX, PUTTY, XML,MACROS, JSON, MANTIS,JIRA.Confidential, McLean, VA
Senior System engineer
- Worked on CMS Medicare contract with the Booz Allen VCS Team as a UAT tester.
- Prepare data for Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Worked on different Medicare systems such as NGD (Next Generation Desktop), MBP (My Medicare.gov),LMS, CDB (Contingency Database), Web chat.
- Verify 508 compliance checklist and document the result.
- Worked closely with the developers of NGD systems as a part of VCS Test Team.
- Gathering requirements and design documents to write and execute test script and overall test plan.
- Worked on Requisite Pro and Clear quest to gather requirements and analysis of test script and overall test plan execution.
- Working with CMS development team to develop System test cases and UAT test cases for Desktops and Android OS.
- Designed test strategies and specifications after a thorough examination of requirements.
- Supported Component/Functional Testing, Regression testing and System testing in UAT environment.
- Assist with UAT testers for the full lifecycle of the project.
- Involved in creating framework, Object Repository and designing the Automation test scripts using QTP.
- Created the Test Data to parameterize the scripts using Data Table.
- Worked on NDW reports by using Cognos and Micro Strategy tools.
- Implemented Checkpoints and Output value in QTP scripts
- Participated in team reviews and provided periodic updates on the status of the testing.
- Maintained the test execution results and review reports.
- Worked with developers to debug defects and re-test after fixes.
- Working with developers to resolve issues and create enhancement tickets for future releases
- Worked on NDW reports using Cognos and Micro Strategy tools.
- Participated in CCB meetings with other contractors to discuss about the change request for the future releases.
Environment: Windows OS, Android OS, iOS, QTP, ALM-QC, Requisite pro, On Time, JAWS,JIRA, Quality Center.Confidential, Arlington,VA
- Involved in full life cycle of all the projects handled
- Managed all aspects of the QA activities.
- Validate and Perform Regression and Functional Testing for different Main stream Applications based in JAVA and .NET (CBIS, VISION, EDIE, DSS, CALLTIFR, FDIC Connect, COTS applications)
- Worked with Requirement Analyst during the Planning Phase of the projects using tool Remedy.
- Analyzed Business Requirements, Change Request’s and Functional requirement documents to prepare Test cases
- Created Test Cases, and performed SIT, UAT, end-to-end testing and backend testing.
- Create RTM in Test Directors containing Requirement Name and Test Script Name
- Executed Test Scripts Using Test Director and Validation of Test Results.
- Create Test Evaluation Summary (TES) with the final results.
- Perform Data Validation using AQT.
- Created SQL Scripts for validation.
- Used Test Director for Test Requirements, Test Planning, Test Designing, Test Analysis, Test Execution, Defect Tracking and Test Result
- Developed Load Runner test scripts according to test specifications/ requirements.
- Identify and eliminate performance bottlenecks during the development Lifecycle.
- Developed Scripts in HTML/HTTP, Citrix for Load Runner
- Written, Developed, Executed Integration Tests
- Verified that new or upgraded applications meet specified performance requirements.
- Used to identify the queries which taking too long and optimize those queries to improve performance.
- Using Load Runner, execute multi-user performance tests, used online monitors, real-time output messages.
- Develop and implement load and stress tests with Load Runner, and present performance statistics to application teams, and provide recommendations on how and where performance can be improved.
Environment: Test Director, Load runner, Star Team, Visual Studio, AQT, Requisite Pro, DB2, SQL, RUP, Remedy