- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and SDLC methodologies such as, Waterfall, Iterative, Agile and Scrum process.
- Experience in analysis of Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS), Design Document (DD) and Test Analysis Report.
- Involved in Writing & Reviewing Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scenarios.
- Created Test Analysis Report and Setup Test matrix.
- Solid working Experienced in Functional, Regression, Integration, System, Section 508 Compliance, Back - end, Web Browser, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Validate User’s work, Track Defects, Provides feedback to test lead and managers, perform defect analysis, and identify process improvements.
- Hands on Experienced in Confidential Application Lifecycle Management tool (ALM).
- Experience with IBM Rational toolset: Rational Functional Tester, Rational Quality Manager, ClearQuest and Rational Requisite Pro.
- Extensively involved in performing Section 508 Compliance testing using JAWS, DRAGON Naturally Speaking, Zoom Text, Voice over and WAT Accessibility toolset.
- Performed Cross Browser Testing using Browser Stack.
- Experienced in executing test script with UNIX Commands, Shell scripting, XML, and HTML.
- Executed different SQL queries to ensure data validation and data integrity.
- Validated all the web service by testing the WSDL files using SOUP-UI.
- Worked closely with the developers and other testers to solve technical and end users issues in UAT environment.
- Attended meetings regularly and played an active role in team meeting.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, excellent inter-personal communication skills.
- Adaptable to changes and flexible to learn new technologies in the IT industry towards company’s success.
Testing Tools: HP ALM(QC), HP UFT, JIRA, Confluence, IBM Rational toolset, Bugzilla, JAWS, WAT, DRAGON, BrowserStack, SOUP-UI
Languages: Java, Java Script, XML, HTML, VB, VB Script, .NET, JSP
Database: Oracle, DB2, SQL-Server, MS-Access.
Operating System: Windows, UNIX, Linux.
Software Application: Microsoft Office, MS Outlook.
Designing/Graphics Application: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator.
Network Administration: LAN, WAN, Router & Switches.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Software Test Analyst
- Participated Business Requirements, Functional and Technical design documents reviews and provided feedback to design and business teams.
- Used agile methodology to ensure the new features meet the specified requirements and acceptable quality assurance standards.
- Develop Test plan, Test Cases, and Test Scenarios (Positive & Negative) based on Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
- Managed the Test execution and Defect management process for requirements.
- Perform Comprehensive System testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, and User Accepting testing (UAT).
- Conducted Smoke Testing to ensure minimum expected system behavior.
- Exported requirement, Develop Test Cases, Execute Test Cases, Logged Defects and recorded the test result using HP ALM.
- Reporting defects into the Defect reporting module in HP ALM. Monitor the defects in defects life cycle & retesting them once fixed.
- Setup the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) in HP ALM to see the requirements coverage.
- Extensive knowledge of Bugzilla defect tracking tool to log the defects and submit to corresponding team.
- Involved running the Automation test Scripts along with the Automation Test Engineer for Regression and functional testing in Unified Functional Tester (UFT).
- Extensively involve in writing, executing and analyzing AUT, Database Checkpoints, Data synchronization, create parameterization for finding object using UFT.
- Writing SQL queries for back-end testing and checking the output of various reports.
- Execute detail validation of application functionality, report Data integrity, and Real-time data integration using Oracle.
- Extensively performed in User’s data validation using Soap-UI. Retrieve user’s information through various website in XML format using Soap message.
- Perform Production Deployment testing to verify a successful deployment to prod environment.
- Attend daily standup meetings, defects status meetings, and weekly team meetings for reporting testing status and shared ideas for improved testing efforts.
- Communicates and collaborate information flow between QA Team and Developers.
- Extensively involve in taking build, releases in QA environment and also participate in Production Environment releases.
Environment: J2EE, XML, HTML, PL/SQL, Oracle 11g, HP ALM, UFT, Soap-UIConfidential, Reston, VA
- Validated the application’s user interface, data validation, and End-2-End testing with multiple interfacing systems.
- Abstracted requirements from different requirements documents (Ex. Functional Design Document, Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases and prepared test scenarios functional testing.
- Developed functional test plans, test cases, and supporting testing documentation.
- Performed all phases of end to end testing which includes Functional testing, Black Box testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Cross Browser testing, Database testing and UAT testing.
- Managed the Requirements using requirements module of HP ALM.
- Involved in running the new functionality based on test cases created in HP ALM test lab module, and coordinated with Development team for fixing the issues.
- Reported issues into the bug reporting system and interact with the development team until it gets resolved using HP ALM.
- Created RTM between requirements and test cases.
- Performed database testing by writing queries in Oracle.
- Experience in data Analysis, Data Migration, Data Cleansing, Data Verification and identifying data mismatch by using Oracle.
- Participated defects review meeting with developer and the system stakeholders.
- Attended daily and weekly meetings with the developer and the BA.
- Created test summary report and shared it with corresponding department.
Environment: .NET, C++, UNIX, Windows, JAVA, HTML, XML, Visual Studio, Oracle, HP ALM/QC, Browser Stack, Soap-UIConfidential, Columbia, MD
Software QA Analyst
- Participated peer review meeting for requirements, test plan, test cases, and test scenarios.
- Managed communication with the system developers concerning business and user requirements of the applications.
- Developed test cases using Rational Test Manager.
- Performed database testing and Validation testing.
- Performed Black box testing, Functional testing, Integration testing, UAT and Regression testing on web based application.
- Performed Functional & regression testing which requires through understanding of the functionality of the application in Rational Quality Manager.
- Validated that Software functions as defined according to requirements and design.
- Collaborated Bug meetings to define and existing defects in the application.
- Tracking bugs using Clear Quest and maintain reports on resolved bugs.
- Managed User Data using Oracle and Oracle utility tool TOAD to create and verify user information in database.
- Executed SQL queries to retrieve user information from database for testing purposes.
- Performed querying the database using SQL to check for successful transactions.
- Created and executed SQL queries to validate the data, and used data manipulation language (DML).
- Extensively involved in testing the application, which was executed in two phases. Initial testing was conducted manually and later phase was executed in Automation.
- Participated regular team meetings.
- Created test analysis report and shared with the Team.
Environment: Windows, JAVA, XML, HTML, Oracle, RQM, ClearQuuest, ToadConfidential, New York, NY
- Developed manual test cases for specific functional requirements.
- Analyze and understand the software requirement specifications and development of Test Scenarios.
- Analyze the acceptance criteria, exit criteria and create test plan documents for the user stories.
- Assist with the Test planning, Test Case writing, Test Execution and Requirement mapping with Test Cases.
- Manually execute Section 508 compliance, Functional, Regression, Usability, Smoke, and User Acceptance and Cross browser testing.
- Involved performing functional test cases, logging and tracking defects, analyzing test results and setup matrix using HP Quality Center.
- Performed Section 508 Compliance testing on PDF, Excel, PowerPoint, MS/Word, HTML, Flash and Zip Files.
- Use Adobe Acrobat pro for 508 compliance, Usability, and Readability verifications on PDF documents.
- Performed Quality Assurance Testing to address issue related to content accuracy, pages, text, tools/application, statistical tables, figures, charts, etc.
- Made recommendations for manual and section 508 Compliance testing of varied functionality. Written user-defined functions and generated test matrix.
- Performed Regression testing on weekly basis to ensure the quality of the Software.
- Matured process help to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of section 508 planning, design, development and testing methods.
- Executed Section 508 Compliance manual testing of software, documents, and web applications.
- Performed in section 508 compliance testing using JAWS, DRAGON naturally speaking, Zoom Text, Voice Over, Direct Access and Web Accessibility toolbar (WAT).
- Performed backend testing writing SQL queries in Oracle.
- Performed Integration testing to verify the data interface between various application modules.
- Performed system and Regression testing for new releases.
- Communicates and attends daily meetings with business team.
Environment: Oracle, ColdFusion, QC, JAWS, WAT, DRAGON, JAVA, HTML, XML, UNIX