- More than 7 years of Quality Assurance experience in Software testing.
- Proficient in industry standard methodologies such as Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) using Waterfall and Agile Model using SCRUM methodology.
- Involved in Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective meetings in Agile Methodology.
- Expertise in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Functional testing
- Experienced in creating and designing Test Strategy Documents, Test Plan, Test Schedules, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scenarios.
- Experienced in Quality Assurance and Software Testing and involving complex client/server and web based applications.
- Extensively experienced in UAT, GUI, Sanity, Functional, System, Regression, Smoke and Back - end testing.
- Proficient in executing test cases, ad-hoc product testing, reporting bugs and reporting tester status, writing test scripts, test automation using diverse testing tools like Quality Center/ALM.
- Expert in ALM/ Quality Center for Testing and Defect Tracking.
- Experienced in Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries on the relational databases.
- Experienced in automating regression suite using QTP/UFT, descriptive programming & VBScript.
- Proficient in designing & developing Data Driven Framework using QTP/UFT & VBScript to validate test case against different data set.
- Knowledge in assisting automation engineer and analysis of web automation projects using Quick Test Pro/UFT for Web based and Client/Server Applications.
- Experienced in Cross browser testing to support Firefox, Safari, Opera and Chrome.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, coordination, documentation, and project planning.
- Experienced with training and mentoring team members with product knowledge and business processes.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills, accustomed to work in a team environment with tight schedules and capable of working efficiently under pressure, manage multiple project and cross train sub-ordinates in other Functional areas.
- Self-motivated, energetic and highly ethical in all work-related assignments thus able to immediately contribute to corporate goals and objects.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills.
- Unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, HP ALM, QTP, UFT, JIRA
Operating systems: Windows, MacBook
Programming Language: VB.NET, Visual Basic, SQL, PL/SQL, VB Script
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access
Applications: MS Office 360, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point.
Confidential, Rosslyn, VA
- Reviewed business requirements and designed specifications to understand the application under test.
- Designed automated test based on Test Case and Wrote Test Case.
- Performed Manual Testing for the Functionality and GUI of the application using ALM those cannot be automated.
- Analyzed business requirements, functional requirements, use cases and provided feedback for clear understanding of each requirement.
- Introduced, developed, documented, and updated the QA Test Plan, process and Procedures Manual and Objectives.
- Created Automation scripts in such way that to results can be generated in Text file, Excel and HTML formats.
- Analyzed and identified the areas of a project for Test Automation.
- Performed Regression testing Black-box testing and System testing for business needs.
- Documented the Bugs and generated status reports and Bug reports and presented them in weekly status meetings using ALM.
- Ensured the actual results match expected results using ALM.
- Responsible for documenting application related errors in ALM.
- Worked on Backend Testing by writing SQL Queries to verify the data.
- Executed Test scripts against Developed Software using UFT.
- Involved in developing scripts using descriptive programming in UFT.
- Used UFT client desktop, made Scripts library of data-driven testing scripts complete with Recovery Scenario and checkpoint application.
- Executed the test scripts for the GUI, Functional, and Regression testing using UFT.
- Tested functionality of the application by inserting various check points like standard check points, text check points, table check points, image check points, and database check points in UFT.
- Carried out Hybrid Frame Work by substituting the parameters using UFT.
- Involved in all the phases of Test Automation development life cycle.
- Worked with UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Generated problem and changed reports and ensured the Corrective action for these reports operate correctly.
- Participated in weekly status meeting with Team members, Team managers, Business Analysts & Technical Team participating in Project review meetings.
Environment: UFT, ALM, UNIX, Windows, MS Office, Oracle, SOAP UI, XML, SQL, Java, Java Script, VB Script, C/C++, Html.Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Generated Test Scripts as per system, architecture and data synchronization requirements.
- Prepared the Manual Test cases and reviewed the test cases.
- Involved in Test Script evaluation along with the Test Manger, Business Analyst, Client and the Development Team.
- Tested Graphical User Interface (GUI) Components.
- Performed UAT, Sanity, Functional, System, Regression, Smoke and Back-end testing.
- Created Test Cases in HP Quality Center, mapped Test Cases to Requirements using Requirements Coverage, and Maintained Test Cases, reports in Quality Center.
- Investigated software bugs and interfaced with developers to resolve technical issues using HP Quality Canter.
- Reported the bugs using Quality Canter and tracked the bugs till closed.
- Created SQL queries for backend testing and data integrity testing.
- Involved in Functional testing of the system using both manual testing and automation tool QTP.
- Performed Integration testing, system testing, Regression testing using QTP.
- Developed automated test scripts using VBScript in QTP to facilitate Regression testing on multiple releases.
- Modified the automated QTP Scripts for regular release screen changes and to support regular functional changes.
- Parameterized QTP scripts for using with varied, controlled test input values.
- Performed test case execution using a Keyword Driven Framework with QTP.
- Performed User acceptance testing for the entire application.
- Executed transactions manually and verified the back-end functionalities and data exploitation.
- Generated Weekly Status Reports to the team manager.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, Windows, UNIX, SQL, Java, J2EE, VBScript, VB.Net, HTML, XML, Java Script, MS Office, MS Excel.Confidential, Newark, NJ
- Investigated, researched, recommended and lead the implementation of commercial automated test tools and test scripts for regression testing of existing product functionality.
- Defined and Implemented the Software Development Life Cycle with process development meetings.
- Created Function Library for common functionality of the application.
- Involved in Smoke, Integration, Regression, System, and End-to-End & Black box testing.
- Developed and executed Test Plan & Test Script in Quality Center.
- Designed the Test Strategy for multiple projects, defect management using Quality Center.
- Performed through Database functionality tests and verified the Business Logic Implementation by constructing and executing several SQL statements.
- Developed and executed automated scripts using QTP for Functional and Regression testing.
- Created user-defined functions and output values for the content builder and appliance by using QTP.
- Performed xml data validation using assertion method in soap UI.
Environment: Java, HTML, XML, Quality Center, QTP, SQL, Windows, MS Office, Java Script, VB Script.