- Have 5 years of IT experience with an excellent understanding of Software Quality Assurance, proficient in testing Web - Based, Desktop and Client Server Applications
- Extensive working experience in all the phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and its methodologies such as Agile-Scrum and Waterfall Model
- Extensive experience in reviewing and analyzing Business Requirements and creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Estimation & Requirement Traceability Matrix
- Professional expertise in Smoke Testing, Backed end Testing, Black-Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/ Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Cross Browser testing and Boundary Value Testing
- Well versed with various testing stages/levels/phases, testing types, testing techniques and quality work products
- Experience in using Selenium WebDriver test automation tools to develop automation testing scripts
- Sound knowledge on TestNG framework
- Experience in the development of Data driven and Hybrid Automation frameworks in Selenium
- Good knowledge of Supply Chain, Healthcare and Finance domain
- Effectively worked with project management team in defect tracking, reporting, reviewing and analyzing the test results (Test Metrics) using defect-tracking /Management tools JIRA, QC/HP ALM, BUGZILLA
- Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL) on Oracle, MS SQL Server and MySQL.
- Ability to adapt to new environment quickly, strong team player, good communication, good analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills as well as ability to identify, develop and enhance client relationships
Testing Tools: Quality Center, HP ALM, TestLink, Jira, Bugzilla, Selenium Webdriver
Scripting Languages/ Framework: XML, HTML, Java, TestNG, SQL
Test Framework: TestNG, Data Driven Framework
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Firepath, Firebug
Build Tool: Maven
Operating Systems: Windows XP/2003/NT/7/8
Web Browsers: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox
Software Quality Assurance Tester
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Worked with Quality Assurance Manager, Project team, and the Development Team to ensure the quality of back-office and customer facing application meet the business requirements requested through review of system changes and deficiency tracking
- Receive and analyze Requirement and Technical document to gather requirements necessary to create test cases that mimic current business practices for Supply chain systems and customer facing application. Worked with development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Worked under waterfall methodology
- Prepared traceability matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Prepared required documentation for testing sign off by various parties as required by the project plans
- Provide feedback detailing current processes that suffice the need, or recommend alternate system modifications where applicable.
- Create test plans for smaller projects, and provide test estimates from test plans that have been created.
- Able to maintain the highest level of quality assurance best practices using QAI Standards, and the company’s Software Development Life Cycle.
- Maintain, update, and execute test cases and scenarios to ensure that individual software modifications function as expected.
- Identify, measure severity, and document deficiencies in software functionality, and accurately report deficiencies to programming agencies.
- Assist in User Acceptance Testing, and recommend certification of software changes for use by location users in the field once the software meets the business requirements.
- Assist in demonstrating software changes to business owners prior to software deployment into Production
- Performed back end testing on oracle database by writing SQL queries
- Used Modster (in house tool) for test management, defect tracking to perform work related activities
- Interacted closely with developers regarding defects, participated in tracking, reviewing and analyzing bugs.
- Worked extensively with business users to define scope and prepared ‘Documents of Understanding’ for various change requests by analyzing the feedback from user groups
Software QA Analyst
- Drafted Test Plan which included testing objectives, testing phases, scenarios and test environment after a thorough analysis of the business rules.
- Involved in test cases review by development team, product management and modified the test cases based on their feedback.
- Design and execute Test Cases, and verified actual results against expected results using business and system requirement documents
- Performed Smoke testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Backend testing
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse and TestNG framework
- Responsible for writing and executing Selenium WebDriver scripts for regression and functional testing using data driven framework
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility
- Used Firebug to identify Elements' by ID, Name, CSS, XPath, and Links on Web Pages
- Log the defects in a detailed, understandable and reproducible way, tracking all assigned defects through to closure and interacting with members of the development team to resolve discovered defects.
- Extensively used HP ALM/QC for documenting Test Cases and logging the Test Results.
- Wrote SQL Scripts to verify data in the database and verify consistency with application
Software QA Analyst
Confidential, Oakland, California
- Involved in developing test plan, test strategies, test scenarios and test cases based on Business and System Use Cases.
- Interacted with Business Analysts, Developers and interpret Business Requirements into executable test cases
- Created manual test cases, reviewed with different stakeholders to validate the functionality.
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE environment, actively participated in Scrum meeting, reviews and developed test scenarios
- Participated in meetings with Business Analysts to discuss about requirements for better understanding of the business functionality while writing test cases
- Performed smoke test after code migration to the test environment to verify the major functionality at a high level to determine if further/ actual testing can proceed.
- Used JIRA for Defect Tracking and Test Management
- Performed smoke testing, system testing, regression testing, and functional testing
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data from database
- Write and Executed test cases based on user stories
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, sprint planning, sprint review meeting and retrospective meeting with the scrum team
- Interacted with the scrum team to resolve the defects and issues during testing