- Result - oriented and ingenious software testing professional with over 8 years of experience within the IT Industry. Experience in Manual & Automation Testing, SDLC Processes, Test Management, Requirement Management, test planning activities with end to end delivery experience.
- Ability of coordinating multiple activities simultaneously with ease. Demonstrated instrumental problem solving skills and handled several critical situations with ease and grace.
- Strong background in Testing Activities and Well-versed with Software Testing Life Cycle. I seek for a professionally challenging position as Senior Test Analyst / Project Lead within IT Industry.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Waterfall and Agile Scrum model.
- Good knowledge in Software Testing Life Cycle, Defect Life Cycle , Spiral Model , V Model , Rational Unified Process and RAD.
- Expertise in writing Test Plans , Test Strategies , Test Scenarios , Test Cases , Test Scripts , Test Reports and Defect Metrics.
- Experience in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider.
- Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Expertise in manual testing, system and functional testing in Agile Environment.
- Experience in understanding of the requirements, writing test cases from BRD & Use Cases.
- Experience in Quality Center (QC), identify, document, and track issues found during testing.
- Knowledge of HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) test automation tool.
- Expertise in using ALM testing tool.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to make sure requirements are captured successfully using HP ALM/HP Quality Center and JIRA .
- Ability to identify critical or complex areas in the system for testing.
- Experience in writing SQL queries to retrieve data and verify database tables.
- Experience in client-server, web applications and web services testing.
- Knowledge of mobile device testing.
- Extended expertise in QA and Automated Software Testing using QTP, Soap UI, HP/ALM/Quality Center and Selenium.
- Experience in preparing quality documentation and reports.
- Understanding of project life cycle in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Understanding of VB script to extend capability of Unified Functional Testing.
- Good knowledge on Jira.
- Expertise in testing Web Services requests using SOAPUI .
- Strong Communication skills both written and oral.
- Highly motivated, able to work independently as well as collaborate with others in a team environment.
- Ability to perform tasks under minimal supervision.
- Good working experience in using Black Box testing techniques like Boundary Value Analysis, Equivalence Partitioning, Decision Tables.
- Strong knowledge in Software QA standards, flows and methodologies like functional, performance, integration, regression, and black-box testing.
- Extensively worked on Data Driven, Keyword Driven, and Hybrid Test Automation Frameworks.
- User Acceptance Testing, Integration testing, API testing, System testing, Sanity testing, Exception testing, and White/Gray/Black-box testing.
Automation Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/WebDriver/Grid, QTP, UFT, WinRunner, LoadRunner, JMeter, TestNG, FirePath, Firebug, Cucumber, Protractor, GIT, Maven, Jenkins.
Web Technologies: SOAP, REST, XML, HTML
Testing Types: Smoke, Sanity, Functional, Integration, Regression System, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing, cloud testing
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux/ Unix
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MS-Access, My SQL
Bug Tracking Tools: HP ALM/HP Quality Center, Bugzilla, Test Director 8.0, JIRA
Testing Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, V-Model
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. QA analyst
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Worked on Jira for maintaining the requirements of the project, Project life cycle and Confluence for logging the defects.
- Reviewed product requirement documents, functional specifications, and involved in developing test strategy, test plan and test case documents.
- Involved in Automation Framework Development (Data Driven Framework), using Selenium WebDriver, JMeter, TestNG, Cucumber JVM and Page object model in Eclipse IDE.
- Involved in various SDLC Phases-Requirements Analysis, Test Case Development, System Testing, Regression and Conducted End to End and Black box testing.
- Involved in creation of automation scripts and execution of automated regression suite.
- Used Maven, Selenium WebDriver to execute Selenium automation suites on different platform.
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium Web driver to validate all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements.
- Configured python Web Driver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in Java using TestNG framework.
- Involved in SOAP testing for Payments API's using Soap UI and Java framework for Web Services testing.
- Used different Frameworks like Keyword and Data Driven frame works in QTP/UFT, and extensively worked on Scripting using Shared Object repository.
- Code/script test cases using VB script and integrate with function libraries of QTP.
- Developed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) tests using Cucumber in Gherkin format for writing behaviors and step definitions using TestNG and Junit.
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and performed Integration Testing &System Testing using Selenium WebDriver automation scripts.
- Performed Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium.
- Defined automation scripting, execution, analysis and status reporting to release management.
- Took the Application Screenshots and copied the images whenever exceptions occurred and at important checkpoints of application execution.
- Attended daily scrum meetings with the team to discuss the milestones and progress.
- Performed browser compatibility testing in different versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and performed Cross platform testing across different versions of operating systems (WINDOWS, LINUX and UNIX) using Selenium Grid.
- Used Quality Center for Maintain test cases and for Defect Tracking and Defect Reporting and analysis using Protractor .
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI Tool. Validated request and response XML. Added Assertions to validate the XML in Web services SOAP.
- Used SDK manager to install packages of different versions of android.
- Cross operating system testing on different versions of Android.
Environment: Java, XML, Selenium WebDriver, Windows XP, IE, Firefox, Mozilla, JIRA, Protractor, Cucumber, SOAP UI, JMeter, TestNG, Jenkins, Linux, Unix, Maven.
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
Sr, Quality Analyst
- Created test runs, test cases, mockups, process flow diagrams from the functional documents.
- Created RTM Matrix, ensured the test planning, testing strategy, test cases, flows are capturing and covering all the functional/non-functional requirements.
- Extensively queried through SQL to check the database records.
- Used Quick Test Pro (QTP/UFT) to expand test scenarios to catch more bugs and improve quality
- Developed optimized QTP scripts for regression testing with various data sources, environment variables, and configure files to enhance the QTP test scripts with VB scripts and developed user-defined functions for frequent reuse.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Implemented Protractor and automated, executed scripts on different browsers using Java script, Jasmine, XML, JSON and NodeJS.
- Suggested automation process improvements & engaged in framework enhancements.
- Engaged in framework enhancements, code reviews and maintaining deliverable quality.
- Involved in automated regression and functional test suites by developing test cases, test suites using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA and JUnit.
- Developed QA processes automation test scripts using Selenium to test web based user interfaces for different type of browsers.
- Worked on TFS (Team Foundation Server) for accessing code.
- Actively participated in Web Automation using Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse and TestNG (TDD) frameworks in creating test scripts, test suites and HTML reports.
- Validated the data from front end to back end tables in Oracle database.
- Actively involved in SDLC and STLC process and used tools like Selenium RC/Web driver, JMeter, SOAP UI.
- Worked on agile methodology using Scrum.
- Automated the test cases using Selenium, Web Driver, Java Eclipse and JUnit.
- Accountable as an onsite coordinator for managing & coordinating QA onsite/offshore resources for the project testing.
- Performed positive & negative testing for lock boxes as per each lock box requirements.
- Implemented software testing life cycle (STLC) to perform end to end migration testing and worked on change control issues and enhancements for the application.
- Ensured to analyze the bugs and the issues are discussed with development team in fixing the defects and defects will be raised and updated in the (Defect Tracking Tool) and followed the procedure in the defect life cycle.
- Generate the batch summary reports to process the accounts receivable files and (ICL) files from Oracle database.
- Responsible for creating the test deliverables and reporting to management which includes issue escalations
- Participating in daily meetings with the client, development team and offshore team members.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Java, Protractor, Junit, SOAP UI, JIRA, Cucumber, Oracle, QTP, Eclipse, HTML, XML, JMeter.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
Automation Quality Analyst
- Developed test strategies and test cases by reviewing the software business requirements.
- Responsible for writing the system test cases, and to map the system test cases and procedures to software requirements on Quality Center.
- Actively involved in Scrum software methodology for the project from requirements through delivery of the project.
- Used Quick Test Professional (QTP) for regression testing and running the automation suite
- Developed test scripts in VB script for data driven tests.
- Optimized Quick Test Professional (QTP) scripts for Regression testing of the application with various data sources and data types
- Performed manual testing on the application.
- Performed functional testing, integration testing, and regression testing and end to end testing.
- Used SOAP UI to create, accept, resolve, and close tickets etc. functionality via web services on the COMMIT application.
- Reported and tracked defects using Quality Center.
- Moderated daily defect review meetings with development team to review the defects raised by QA team and status of the existing / open defects.
- Used an end to end framework tool Protractor to automate test many functionalities of the application.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tools.
- Involved in selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Involved in Defect logging and tracking defects using Microsoft Visual studio.
- Involved in Keep the track of requirements against the test cases while executing the scenarios.
- Managed multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Java, UFT, Visual Studio, Maven, Jenkins, Protractor, JIRA, SOAP UI, Quality Center.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Active member in test plan and test case creation.
- Created Test Scenarios using Data Driven Testing, Cross browser testing and Parallel test execution by using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG and Selenium Grid .
- Performs functional, non-functional and GUI testing & cross browser testing and assisted in user acceptance testing.
- Identified, analyzed and reported defects with full evidence, such as functionality errors, inconsistencies in software program functions, file outputs, user interface forms, content, and system usability issues.
- Executed SQL queries to verify the database for the relevant test cases.
- Involved in SOAP and Restful web services using SOAP UI.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android and IOS Platform using Appium.
- Involved in touch testing with IOS app using Appium tool
- Reviewed the test scripts developed by the peers/ Automation test developers for test coverage and format adherence.
- Identifying functional areas and charting out the functions to be developed and repositories to use.
- Developed the scripts using VB scripting (QTP Automation)
- Report triage bugs, issues, defects and failures and track the status using JIRA.
- Worked with development team to ensure testing issues are resolved.
- Performed screen navigation test to ensure that the links are established as per the documentation provided.
- Conducting the regression tests for already reported bugs to test whether fix has been applied or not and to test whether the fix causes another problem or not.
Environment: Selenium (WebDriver), Java, QTP, SQL, WebDriver, Quality Centre ALM, HTML, Restful, SQL, JIRA, TestNG, Appium, SOAP, VB Script.
- Generated Automation test scripts, modify scripts to do regression test.
- Developed manual test cases and executed it.
- Performed the White box and Black Box testing.
- Tested and Debugged the code during white box testing.
- Involved in developing Manual/Functional test conditions and scripts based on the requirement.
- Manually perform Functional testing that includes Security, System testing, Smoke testing
- Participated in performing End to End functional testing for Web-Based Applications.
- Experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Defect lifecycle management and different methodologies like Waterfall.
- Involved in team of User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Used Quality Centre QC for Test Managing, scheduling, defect logging, tracking and analysis
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from SQL Server.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing on different configurations.
- Derive testable conditions out of general Business requirements.
- Generating Test Log documents and analyzing obtained Test Results.
- Reporting status of testing progress, issues to team lead on a weekly basis.
- Participate in daily stand up meetings and weekly meetings.
Environment: Test Director, UNIX, SQL Server, Power Builder, Windows NT, MS-Excel.