- An information technology professional with over 6 years of industry experience.
- For the past 6 years, I have been working extensively with many different solutions and technologies.
- Looking for opportunities where I will be able to utilize my experience in manual and automation testing.
Operating system: Unix, Linux, Windows, and DOS
Languages: C, Java and J2EE
Database: ORACLE, SQL Server, DB2
Web Services: WSDL and SOAP
Testing tools: UFT, Selenium, HP ALM and JIRA
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, IBM Web Sphere, Web Logic
Concepts: Agile and Water Fall
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
Senior Test Engineer
- Feasibility study of Client's requirement, making estimation and total development based on Clients requirement with a developer.
- Analyzed the test cycle to pinpoint weaknesses and gaps within it, resulting in more coverage and less hot fixes per release.
- Performed automation regression testing with HP UFT.
- Involved data driven automation testing with UFT.
- Researched products to automate web site UI testing.
- Designed new reports for internal use, increasing the efficiency of status communication in conjunction with the implementation of best practices.
- Software Quality Assurance Managed the smoke, functional, black - box, usability, performance, and regression testing of web-based applications simultaneously.
- The testing often required finding general defects and isolating the root cause.
- Extensively used SQL to retrieve the suitable data from database and validate the data sanity.
- Assisted with the reproduction of issues communicated to the development team from the field and from the business departments; clarified any reports relating to the obscure defects when necessary.
- Direct interaction with developers, business, and project management on program topics and defects.
- Technical Writing, reported clear, concise defect reports cataloged in Clear Quest.
Confidential, Appleton, WI
Senior QA Engineer
- Developed Test Plan, Test cases, test scenarios, expected results and prioritized tests.
- Wrote test cases, test conditions and test scripts in MS-Excel and exported to HP ALM.
- Worked on Test scenarios for GUI, Functionality, Security, Database and Regression Testing.
- Executed the test cases and compared the expected results with actual results.
- Extensively involved in the Validation of mapping between Source and the Target data being loaded into data warehouse.
- Good understanding of the physical and logical data modeling, dimensional and relational schemas.
- Involved in the validation of transformations applied on source data to load target tables.
- Extensively used SQL for retrieving data used for the data warehouse, Data Driven Tests to validate the same scenario with different test data.
- Wrote SQL queries for database verification and validation of tables which were loaded through ETL process.
- Extensively worked on the testing of reports generated using Business objects.
- Execute Ab initio Graphs in UNIX environment for data extraction and transform process.
- Attend the Test case review meetings and requirements walkthroughs.
- Responsible for closing the defects being fixed.
- Involved in the preparation of test summary.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Managed and executed HL7 Messages thru ALTOVA XML editor and tool (Internally developed).
- Developed Automation Frame Work, Automation Plan for CPP (Care provider Portal) in Selenium.
- Identified Test cases and Developed Automation Scripts in Selenium to automate defined End to End scenarios for CPP (Care Provider Portal).
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Software QA Engineer
- Worked with co-workers in CMMI, QA processes and procedures, requirements, test cases, good error tracking and reporting processes.
- Evaluated two test suites, made recommendations to management on purchases.
- Learned web automation framework/system from ground up.
- Tested large web-based insurance policy creation/billing/management platform using UFT.
- Wrote, diagnosed, corrected, and maintained many scripts in Test scripts using UFT.
- Participated in many front end test issues, provided many creative and efficient ideas of required output for implementation.
- Tested the Savings and Retirement modules developed using Servlets, JSP and Hibernate.
- Involved in deploying in application server using Tomcat.
- Involved in testing SQL queries, stored procedures, and functions.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Software Test Analyst
- Completed full Software Development Life Cycle from analysis, design, development, implementation, and validation testing using Agile SCRUM methodology.
- Facilitated group interviews with client to gather, understand, and document requirements
- Defined test requirements and used Load Runner for performance testing
- Used Agile methodology, performed Web testing of customer-facing interfaces, Integration testing of patches.
- Worked directly with SMEs to test their products in new environments and gathered info to enhance processes.
- Analyzing the business and functional requirements provided by the client and preparing work order estimates.
- Established and maintained solid work frame for UFT, Load Runner and ALM.