- 6 years of experience working as Software Test Engineer in Automation and Manual testing.
- Experience in working with Agile and Waterfall development methodologies and good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Expertise in defining and developing quality assurance test plans and test cases by analyzing business/technical requirements, system design documents and use case documents for various application modules.
- Specialized in Performance Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Load Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience in automation testing using industry standard testing tools such as Rational Performance Tester (RPT) and Quick Test Professional (QTP); manual testing in HP QC, knowledge of EDI testing
- Developed VB scripts for automated test procedure using Quick Test Professional.
- Developed Java Scripts for automated test procedure using Rational Performance Tester.
- Strong leadership, self - starter, positive attitude, personable, great organizational skills, attentive to detail and self-motivated.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, QTP, Load Runner, IBM Rational, Agile, Version One, Test Manager, ALM, Selenium
Tools: Test Director, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Performance tester, Rational Functional Tester, ITKO LISA, GUIMap Editor
Languages: SQL, Shell, HTML
Data Base: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MS Access
Scripting Language: VB Script, Java Scripts, HTML, UML and XML
Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, HTPS, HTML, XML
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Nets Cape Navigator, Mozilla Fire Fox
Others: MS Office, Adobe, MS Outlook
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Work on Localization by reviewing all the strings and take detail screenshots of the LISA application for the local team to translate to other languages
- Upload screenshots into the GUIMap Editor
- Create a map of the LISA application in the GUIMap Editor, where translators are able to make sure same messages are unified between languages.
- Perform UAT test on iTKO LISA Workstation integrated with the Registry, VSE Recorder, Pathfinder, Lisa Server Console, LISA Dashboard and Reports
- Perform Functional test on LISA’s Kiosk for banks ATM on the simulators.
- Test integrated tools the Pathfinder, the Service Virtualization, the Dashboards and Reports.
- Migrate and update existing test cases from Test Management Portal to Application Lifecycle Management
- Run various manual and automation tests on iTKO Lisa
- Participate in analyzing the Test results from different perspective and attend the Touch point meeting for evaluation of the progress.
Environment: Windows XP, MS-Word, MS-Excel, ITKO LISA, Screen Hunter and GUIMap Editor, Test Management, ALM 11.00
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Reviewed and analyzed the business requirements, business process and performance requirements.
- Developed test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Ensured the testing standards, guidelines, and methodology in the testing approach.
- Participate in quality management reviews to ensure adherence to all quality management plans and standards.
- Updated and maintained testing documents and procedures.
- Inputted test data and expected results for performance tests including Goal, Soak and Break tests.
- Created and executed test scripts in IBM Rational Performance Tester
- Facilitated review sessions for the test results and documents.
- Communicated and followed-up on errors discovered during test script executions.
- Documented defects using the project’s defect management tool Rational Clear Quest.
- Provided Daily Status reports for Performance and Test Phase Closure from the start of Performance Test preparation through to the completion of Test Execution.
- Worked with the Development team to resolve issues aroused out of the testing process.
- Participated in the release control process (when the application is transferred from the build team to the test team) to ensure that solutions met business requirements.
- Attended SIR meetings during test execution phases as necessary.
- Supported the test team during System Test phases as needed with test executions.
- Ensured all performance testing results are documented, stored and understandable.
- Supported the Test Lead in creation of client deliverables and work products.
Environment: Windows XP, HTML, Java Scripts, MS-Word, MS-Excel, Selenium, Rational Performance Tester, Rational Clear Quest
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Reviewed business requirements and functional requirement documents. Involved in developing the software Test plan and implementing Test Cases and Test Scenarios. Using QC.
- Exported test cases from Excel to Quality Center.
- Performed User Acceptance testing of the application. Reviewed specifications cases
- Executed Manual test cases for User Acceptance testing of various modules of the application. Created test sets in Quality Center for checking transaction and credit card application, also for automated steps for login components.
- Developed standard test procedures, evaluating test results, and providing standard work flow to meet system requirements.
- Logged application bugs using Mercury Quality Center. Retested bugs after the fix and monitored them until resolved. Used Quality Center to store testing results, metrics, implemented Test Plan Document and created Test Cases, Defect Tracking and Reporting.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, Visual Studio 1.3, Microsoft XL, Windows XP, Excel