- 6+ years of information technology experience with significant expertise in Business and System analysis and extensively experienced in the field of Software Quality Assurance and Application Testing.
- Exposure to all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Extensively experienced in analyzing Business Requirements, Technical Requirements and Use Cases.
- Experienced in preparing Test Plans, defining Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test Scripts, analyzing Test results, reporting Defects and submission of Test Status.
- Extensive knowledge of the Agile Business Process Modeling and re - engineering methodologies , such as RUP, AUP, SDLC , and Scrum .
- Experienced in Ad-Hoc Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional, Regression, Integration, User Acceptance and Back end Testing.
- Extensive Hands on experience managing defect life cycle using HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Proficient in overall Defect Management including tracking bugs and reporting using Jira.
- Expert in writing both SQL and PL/SQL query for Back-end testing, with strong SQL Skills.
- Expert in Manual testing, Automation with HP Quick Test Pro (QTP)/Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
- Strong VBScript skills, Expert in writing automation test scripts inside or outside QTP/UFT environment using VBScript.
- Expert in using Checkpoints, Regular Expression, Recovery Scenario, Object Repository, Descriptive programming and Keyword Driven, Data Driven Test Scripts in QTP/UFT to perform functional and regression testing.
- Expert in developing master driver scripts for Hybrid framework using VBScript.
- Experienced in creating Architecture design and Automation Framework (Hybrid Framework) for automation suite, which involves Test Data, Reusable Function library and Core classes using UFT/QTP.
- Experienced in Web Services (SOAP & RESTFul Services) / SOA Testing, XML Schema, WSDL, Web Services Automation with Soap UI tool and QTP/UFT API testing module.
- Expert in various Object identification methods including Html DOM, Xpath, Ordinal Identifiers.
- Self-starter, energetic, highly motivated team player.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication skills and interpersonal skill.
- Capable to quickly learn new technology and adapt to a new environment.
Languages: C, C++, Java, Visual Basic, VB.Net, ASP.Net, C#, CSS, Java Script
Reports: Data Reports, Crystal Reports
Applications: MS Office, Front Page, HTML, MS Visio, MS Excel
Testing Tools: HP QTP, HP Quality Center (QC), JIRA, SOAP UI, HP ALM, HP UFT
Operating System: DOS, Windows, Unix/Linux
DBMS: MS SQL, MS Access, Oracle, TSYS (Total Systems)
Confidential, Horsham, PA
QA Automation Analyst
- Analyzed the system requirement specifications and prepared Test cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
- Involved in creating and implementing Test Plan and Test case document.
- Created both positive and negative test cases according to the Business Rules and Business Strategies.
- Performed manual testing with exposure to automated testing.
- Participated in Requirement Analysis and Gap Analysis.
- Developed Functional Test specifications.
- Created the Test Cases for manual testing.
- Interacted with Business Analyst and developers for bug review using HP ALM.
- Interacted with development Teams for timely closure of bugs reported & in meeting the requirement specification using HP ALM.
- Tracked, monitored and reported defects using HP ALM.
- Involved in writing SQL Queries to check Data integrity.
- Created Automation scripts by using UFT Web, Java, ActiveX and .Net Add-ins.
- Enhanced the UFT scripts by inserting VBScript functions and various checkpoints like standard, image, page, text and database Checkpoints.
- Performed Data-Driven Testing, Text Output values by using Global and Local spreadsheets in UFT for testing multiple data.
- Created Hybrid Automation Framework for AUT by writing Master Driver Script, Generic Function Library.
- Created AOM Scripts for Batch testing using VBScript.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing by developing and executing automated test scripts using UFT.
- Implemented version control system and change management system for UFT scripts.
- Involved in performing end-to-end system testing.
- Worked with development team to ensure ‘testing issues' are resolved on the basis of using defect reports.
- Tested and validated the queries fired from the application.
ENVIRONMENT: MS Project, HP ALM, UFT, Java, VB Script, XML, UNIX, MS Excel, PHP, .Net, SOAP UI, SQL Server, MS Office, Windows, PowerPoint, MS Outlook.
Confidential, Washington, D.C
QA Automation Tester
- Involved in Automation Scripts development, debugging and batch scripts execution.
- Documented and Implemented Structured QA Methodologies.
- Analyzed and identified the areas of a project for Test Automation.
- Prepared Test plans and Test Cases in structured and controlled manner based on the SRS.
- Involved in all the phases of Test Automation development life cycle.
- Performed Functionality Testing, Black Box and Regression Testing.
- Utilized the defect tracking system HP ALM Complete to report defects in a clear and precise manner, describing the scenario, expected outcome and actual outcome.
- Conducted Regression testing on various builds of the application and reported the defects to the developers using HP ALM.
- Worked with development members on bug reproduction and fixes; and updated management on testing results, activities and planning using HP ALM.
- Wrote SQL queries for getting right test data from right testing environment for running UFT framework.
- Converted existing Test Complete scripts to HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
- Developed UFT automation framework from scratch for new application and existing application.
- Streamlined current test automation processes by creating hybrid Framework for AUT with Master Driver Script, Generic Function Library, Flow library, Reporting library, test data library.
- Created AOM Scripts for Batch testing using VBScript.
- Performed Functional, Integration, Regression and End-to-End testing of the application against user stories with UFT.
- Implemented version control system and changed management system for UFT scripts.
- Integrated UFT scripts with ALM to manage the entire Automation testing process.
- Involved in without using automation tool, created custom automation scripts for major flows just by VBScript and HTML Dom which can run on any windows machine, to help teams speed up their testing or related activity.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing.
- Generated the detailed reports of the Bugs, Pass-Fail report and comparison chart.
- Participated and contributed to Design meetings, Implementation and Production.
ENVIRONMENT: MS SQL Server, Web Services, MS Excel, MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Visio, HP ALM, UFT, C, C++, CSS, .Net, VBScript, Java, Java Script, PowerPoint, Windows, UNIX.
Confidential, Somerset, NJ
- Prepared Test plans and wrote Test cases and scripts for manual testing.
- Generated manual Test Cases to test the functionality of the application.
- Involved in Test Cases creation as per functional requirements.
- Performed GUI, functional and regression testing.
- Performed regression testing for every modification in the application and new builds using QTP/UFT and Quality Center/ALM.
- Documented the modification requests and defects and their trailing history using Quality Center/ALM.
- Developed and maintained detail test cases, expected results and traced the test cases to the requirements using Quality Center/ALM.
- Created SQL queries for validating the data in database.
- Automated test scripts for the GUI, Functional, Data Driven and Regression testing using Quick Test Pro/UFT.
- Coordinated with the developer and management to layout the project schedule and deadlines for the testing phase for each content group.
- Performed manual testing by executing the test scripts.
ENVIRONMENT: Quality Center/ALM, QTP/UFT, Soap UI, MS Visio, MS Excel, Java, Java Script, HTML, Agile, TOAD, C, C++, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows, MS Office, UNIX.