- Excel in creating test plans; writing descriptive and concise test cases and creating from scratch/running automated test scripts to pinpoint software defects, track bugs, close open defects and validate functionality. Serve as a value-adding member of QA teams with tremendous leadership and communication skills.
Testing Tools: UFT/HP QuickTest Professional, ALM/HP Quality Center, Postman, Segment, SwaggerUI, Salesforce, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins
Defect & Test Management: BugZilla, Jira, On Time Management, WorkFront, ALM/Quality Center, TestRail
Testing Methodologies: System Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Backend Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Validation Testing, Mobile, API
Database: SQL, Oracle
Confidential, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Analyzed user stories, functional specs and Use Case documents and created the Test Scenarios, Test cases
- Participated in daily Scrums, Sprint planning and grooming meetings
- Actively provided estimations for user stories assigned for Sprints
- Served as an Admin on Salesforce and provided functional and UAT
- Involved in development of SQL-queries/procedures for database/backend testing using Microsoft SQL Server
- Helped implement TestRail and migrated all the test cases that were previously created in JIRA, created milestones, test suites and mentored other fellow QA Engineers on how to use TestRail
- Integrated TestRail and Jira to create a test case/defect matrix for easier identification of problematic modules
- Use of POSTMAN plug-in to track the request and response for web services in API testing
- Used Continuous Integration Servers like Jenkins.
- Executed Regression test cases, documented test results and reported and tracked defects. Triaged production issues and resolved them.
- Built Test suites for new acquisitions by designing and implementing test case scenarios and scripts and documenting them using the Test tracking system for end-to-end testing.
- Participated in Client-based stakeholders meetings to gather feedback for improving user experience, understood requirements and challenges and then translated them into requirements/enhancement requests.
Confidential, Washington D.C
- Performed QA processes collaborating with the development team for ensuring high quality software releases using Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Involved in creating Test plans for different components within the project.
- Created Test runs, Test cases, Mockups, Process Flow diagrams from the functional documents.
- Created RTM Matrix, ensured the Test Planning, Testing Strategy, Test cases, Flows are capturing and covering all the Functional/Non Functional requirements.
- Worked with the development team in creating environment and loading and migrating data.
- Performed various kinds of testing, such as Exploratory, Smoke box, Regression, Integrated, System, Backend validation, End to End, UAT.
- Used ALM for Test Planning, Test Case writing, Test Execution and Requirement Mapping with Test Cases.
- Created Test Cases and scenarios for Defect tracking and reporting using ALM.
- Logged new bugs; tracked and updated the status of previously filed bugs. Prioritized and retested the bugs in HP ALM; Participated in the daily bug meeting.
- Performed Back-end data base testing using SQL quires.
- Created Regression suite for various test scenarios. Tested and executed the suite whenever a code was changed using UFT.
- Designed and involved in creating new architecture design using class methods to implement UFT scripts.
- Created several Test scripts using UFT to create Data Driven Tests, Batch tests and performed Exception handling.
- Generated UFT master scripts and called different functions and checked for different properties for the recorded objects.
- Introduced synchronization functions, Wait functions in the scripts.
- Developed Descriptive Programming and Maintained Local and Global Object Repository in UFT.
- Developed a Keyword Driven Automation Framework in UFT.
- Monitored project plan execution and project metrics reporting.
- Documented the project sign off and other project closure activities.
Confidential, Mclean, Virginia
- Responsible for plan, design, evaluate, and execute test cases and test plans for Functional and Regression testing.
- Responsible for ensuring that requirement are clearly defined and testable.
- Effectively and accurately document and analyze all test results and proactively work to resolve any issues.
- Preformed Functionality, GUI, User Acceptance (UAT), Integration, System and Regression testing.
- Participated in functional requirements gathering sessions.
- Validated the data in the database through SQL queries.
- Wrote and used SQL to validate expected data conditions and/or test results.
- Wrote positive and negative test cases for entire systems.
- Created test scenarios from the user stories for the business approval.
- Validated the SSIS packages through the data validation in the database.
- Responsible for removing roadblocks through proper channel in coordination with Scrum master.
- Automate the manual test cases using Quick Test professional (QTP).
- Created page checkpoints to test the properties and contents of the webpage using Quick Test Pro.
- Designed automation framework, update test scripts, executed automated regression test suite using QTP.
- Responsible for generating bug reports assigning severity and priority levels to the bug found.
- Actively participated in scrum meetings, reviews and developed test scenarios.
Confidential, Baltimore, Maryland
- Worked closely with Product Management and development engineers to understand features and create robust comprehensive test plans to verify functionality.
- Preformed exploratory testing and acceptance of new features as part of a story-driven Agile development process.
- Identified bugs through systematic testing, help developers reproduce errors and ensure that defects are fixed.
- Performed database testing by writing queries in SQL.
- Involved in writing test cases for web services using Soap UI.
- Identified and communicated issues and concerns associated with system testing as well as potential project impacts.
- Responsible for production support of software products by investigating, recreating and resolving reported defects.
- Performed Data Verification Testing by writing Oracle-SQL queries in order to resolve data discrepancies and maintain data accuracy.
- Used mapping document for creating Test cases for Facets database, Data warehouse and compared the data source to target application.
- Responsible for setting up the QA Environment and execute the regression suite for each build.