- 6+ years of Software Quality Assurance Testing and Software Automation Testing
- Strong experience in Software Development Life Cycle using Agile Scrum and waterfall methodologies
- Highly collaborative with team, business liaison, and Product Owner to ensure requirements are sufficient to implement and avoid scope creep
- Able to Multi - task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic/fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient in creating and implementing test plans and test cases based on user requirements and functional specifications.
- Strong experience with software Test life-cycle process (STLC)
- Highly focused on attention to detail, identifying weak spots and constantly designing better test cases (manual tests & automation code), creative in breaking software and identify potential problems.
- Highly proficient with automating High-ROI test cases
- Excellent communication, problem solving, coordination, documentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to understand and explain both business and technical needs from and to clients and customers.
- Effectively communicated with entire project/product team on all critical and high severity bugs and managed the bug life cycle efficiently (Bug Triage)
- Strong in analyzing Business Requirements, developing and executing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Steps for manual/automated testing.
- Meeting the goals of the acceptance criteria successfully
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills with the ability to understand and explain both business and technical needs from and to clients and customers.
- Extensive working experience in Functional testing, System testing, Integration testing, Backend testing, Regression testing, Smoke Testing, and Sanity Testing.
- Strong Knowledge in HP ALM/ Quality Center for Testing and Defect Tracking.
- Experienced in managing and logging defects using HP ALM/Quality Center and JIRA.
- Proficient in Backend testing by writing SQL Queries.
- Experienced in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependencies.
- Good Knowledge in developing automation frameworks using Java, Webdriver, JUnit, TestNG and Maven.
- Experienced in creating Robust Reusable methods (Function Library)
- Experienced in using GitHub as a source repository system.
- Experienced in using Jenkins as a continuous integration tool.
- Experienced in performing Test Data Driven Testing (TDD) using Data Provider Annotation in TestNG.
- Experienced in designing & developing Cucumber Behavior-Data-Driven (BDD) Framework
- Experienced in designing & developing a Hybrid Test-Data Driven (TDD) Framework using Selenium WebDriver
- Good Knowledge in creating Page Object Model Design Pattern Framework with or with out Page Factory with Selenium WebDriver.
- Experienced with Web services testing with JAVA - REST Assured API
- Excellent Core Java Skills
- Well versed in writing Scripts in VBScript for using in QTP/UFT Automation.
- Experienced in creating reusable functions (Function Library) in VB scripts using QTP/UFT.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, SauceLabs, RestAssured API, TestNG, Junit, Cucumber, Soap UI, JMeter, HP ALM Quality Center, JIRA +TestFlo, QTP/UFT, Jenkins, Gherkin, Cucumber, SpecFlow, Docker, Apache POI
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, MongoDB
Testing Framework: Hybrid TDD Page Object Model Design Pattern, Cucumber BDD, TestNG, Junit
Repository System: GitHub, Subversion
Operating System: Windows, Unix/Linux
Development Ide: Eclipse, IntelliJ Idea
Confidential, Oakton, VA
QA Automation Analyst
- Involved in creating project plan, test plans, estimations, and tracking projects.
- Scrum TEAM with AGILE process.
- Work in an agile environment, with an ability to adapt quickly and test the newly proposed changes at any point of time during the release.
- Participated in project meetings, Daily Standup meetings, QA status meetings and release meetings.
- Involved in working with Business Analysts, Programmers and Business users through the project life cycle.
- Worked on work flow diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, and data flow diagrams
- Designed and Developed a Behavior-Data-Driven (BDD) framework using Java, Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, and Maven.
- Prioritized tests with Tags
- Used Scenario Outline and Examples for Test Data Driven Testing
- Involved in providing efficient locator strategy like XPATH and CSS to run WebDriver Tests in stable Non-Flaky condition.
- Used Soft and Hard Assertions to assert expected data vs. actual data
- Used Properties Files for framework Configurations and Locator Repository.
- Performed GUI, Smoke, Functional, Regression, System, and User Acceptance testing.
- Collaborated with developers with test enhancements
- Trained and supported testing team in executing automated scripts and creating Gherkin format Scenario’s
- Involved in Test Case Preparation and Test Case Execution using both Manual and Automation techniques.
- Analyzed application on what to automate and what not to automate
- Created Test Cases and scenarios for Regression, Smoke, Integration as well as Back end and System testing.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst in gathering and reviewing the business requirements for each Sprint/Release.
- Worked closely with developer
- Performed Cross browser testing with Saucelabs and Selenium Grid
- Performed Headless browser Testing for speed enhancements for test execution time
- Performed and planned regression testing, integration testing, system compatibility testing, and end to end testing.
- Used JIRA with TestFLO as Test Management Tool
- Used JIRA for defect tracking
- Used Jenkins as continuous Integration tool and maven for build and scheduling jobs
- Continuous integration/jobs with Git, Jenkins and Maven
- Performed Backend testing to verify UI data with Backend Data
- Performed Regression Testing for the new builds using Selenium WebDriver.
- Executed web service testing with RESTful API - GET, HEAD, POST, PUT, DELETE
- Completed assigned tasks and deliverables on schedule and reports.
- Developed Test conditions and Test Cases for User Acceptance Testing and executed test case scenarios.
- Worked in Scrum Agile process for delivering the outputs on time.
- Participated in project meetings, QA status meetings and release meetings.
- Involved in analyzing Requirement Specifications and development of Test Scenarios.
- Reported defects, maintained track of changes made to the requirements using HP Quality center.
- Used HP Quality Center for defect reporting, tracking and prioritizing defects.
- Created and executed SQL queries to perform backend testing.
- Identified regression test cases to automate; automated those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java.
- Designed, developed and implemented Hybrid automation testing framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit tests and Maven to build the Project.
- Extended TestNG framework by adding some helper classes and methods.
- Used TestNG to group, prioritize, and execute test suites.
- Generated Customized pretty reports such as Extent Report
- Utilized TestNG listeners and Retry Listeners
- Configured the test suite to Jenkins to make it run on every successful deployment, which helped reduce the feedback loop time to the developers.
- Involved in pushing the automated test code into CI (Continuous Integration) and monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into CI.
- Used Maven SureFire plugin for prioritizing and executing XML suites using Profiles and ID for creating Jenkins Jobs
- Performed Cross browser testing with Selenium Grid
- Performed Headless Browser Testing with Phantom JS for speed enhancements for test execution time
- Involved in automated testing suite in SOAP UI for Rest API testing.
- Worked in an agile environment, with an ability to accommodate and test the newly proposed changes at any point of time during the release.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing the test metrics and then submitting the reports, which kept track of the status and progress of the testing effort.
Environment: Jenkins, Junit/TestNg, Windows, Agile Methodology, MS Office tools, Oracle, SQL Server, HTML, XML, VSS, UNIX, Selenium WebDriver, HP Quality Center, Maven.Confidential, Rocky Hill, CT
- Analyzed Business, Functional Requirements, and Design Review Documents to develop Test Plan and wrote Test Cases. Reviewed Business Requirement document, IT Design Document and prepared test plans for all assigned projects releases.
- Involved in analyzing the applications and development of test cases.
- Analyzed and reviewed the software requirements, functional specifications and design documents.
- Developed test scenarios and test procedures based on the test requirements.
- Participated in preparing Test Plans.
- Developed Test Objectives and test Procedures.
- Involved on testing the new functionalities based on test cases and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues.
- Wrote test cases and executed tests using Quality Center/ALM.
- Performed Back End testing in Oracle Database Server using PL/SQL queries.
- Performed Data Driven Testing for multiple sets of data using QTP/UFT.
- Generated automated test scripts for functional and regression testing using QTP/UFT.
- Researched new open source language/framework for future end to end Test tools across components.
- Ensured Test deliverables are prepared per enterprise guidelines.
- Produced documentation to support the QA processes.
- Participated in project meetings to set the schedules and milestones and completed all the deliverables in the timely manner.
Environment: JQuery, MS Excel Professional, VB Script, BPT, XML, Java, Oracle, SQL Server, Unix, Toad, Windows, Quality Center, SharePoint, Unix.