- 3+ years of diverse experience in all phases of software development life cycle(SDLC) especially in Analysis, Application Design, Development and Integration, Testing and Deployment maintenance/support for applications.
- Expert in creating all QA documentation including Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Traceability Matrices and Test Reports.
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver/IDE/RC, and TestNG.
- Expertise in problem solving and Reporting Bugs using Bug Tracking Tools.
- Experience in Cross Platform and Cross Browser Testing.
- Experience in writing SQL queries to perform backend testing on oracle and SQL databases.
- Experience in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub.
- Experience in using Eclipse to develop TestNG framework.
- Possess good level of understanding of WSDL, XSD, XML documents for Web Services Testing using SoapUI tool.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Keen attention to detail and able to function in a stressful environment.
Databases: Win SQL, SQL/PL - SQL Server, MS Access.
Test & Defect Management Tools: Selenium, Clear Quest, Quality Center, JIRA.
Test Development Tools & IDEs/Automation Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, UFT, Quick Test Professional (QTP), ALM.
Test Supporting Tools: Unit System, SQL Navigator, and Firebug.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
QA Manual Tester
- Involved with all aspects of software testing processes, which included test planning, test execution, Code Review and Test case review.
- Explored the application (and vendor tools) and reviewed requirement documentation to gain functional knowledge.
- Conducted functional testing, retesting, regression testing and Cross browser compatibility testing.
- Validating, updating and maintain the test scripts.
- Reporting / logged defects in JIRA and Clear quest and worked in conjunction with Development team on Defect closure and retesting.
- Participated in defect review meetings and daily interaction with developers, implementation and deployment teams to track the defects to closure.
- Prepared defect summary and test summary reports.
- Involved in building metrics and dashboards to report status to leadership teams on a weekly basis.
- Validating database transactions, functionality of web applications for delivering quality product.
Environment: Manual testing, SQL server, JIRA, Clear quest, Internet Explorer, Microsoft outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.Confidential
- Interacted in Manual and Automation testing using Selenium Web Driver.
- Participated in Daily stand-ups, Sprint Backlog, Sprint Planning meetings as part of the Agile Methodology.
- Responsible for preparing automation Test Script, Analyze testing Requirements and Automation effort for each sprint.
- Worked closely with Java developers and conducted Functional Testing, Regression testing, Security testing, Performance testing Exploratory testing, Cross browser testing.
- Identifying object locators with Id, Name, Xpath, CSS selector also used IDE for object locators and automate test suite.
- Enhanced and created test case script, used existing or creating methods, used jar file to develop script using java in Eclipse and TestNG framework.
- Created Maven project for CI (Continuous Integration) and development and build using Jenkins.
- Preparing the requirements traceability matrix (RTM) and in designing specifications and reviewing.
- Tested Web services using Soap UI with WSDL file to get the soap request.
- Discovered bugs and logged defects in JIRA. Also used for document enhancements, deployments and production issues.
- Documented defects discovered during testing and verified that all defects were fixed before final delivery.
- Followed up on outstanding issues to meet testing timelines, Prioritized, and completed daily workload without direct supervision.
Environment: Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, JIRA, Soap UI, SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Eclipse, Jenkins.Confidential
- Assessed requirements and specifications in determining test objectives and design, test case creation and aggregation.
- Executed test case execution records in Rational Quality manager.
- Used diverse methodologies such as Functional, Regression, Sanity, Exploratory, Black Box, Load, and Smoke testing techniques to validate software.
- Defined and maintained test plans.
- Conducted cross browser and platform testing (Windows, Mac, Safari, Chrome, Firefox) to validate consistency of performance and quality.
- Performed manual testing of mobile applications which helped in improving performance and maintenance of mobile applications.
- Defined and measured software loading time utilizing developer tools in Google Chrome, and Firefox browsers.
- Lead anomaly review meetings where each and every bug is reviewed by a quorum of developers marketing team, sustainability engineering, and complaints and maintenance.
- Logged and tracked bugs in JIRA.
- Conducted bug scrubbing to eliminate duplicate and invalid bug reports.
- Collaborated with internal technical teams to validate application readiness during the staging and release processes.
- Participate in scrum team meetings and release activities.
- Designed, shared, and managed a traceability matrix (Excel, Google Spreadsheets) to track project progress, bug resolution, and for allocation of tester assignments.
- Acquired and shared knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Built proficiency in areas such as documentation, test plans, time dependencies, scope, and approach through participation in multiple development projects.
Environment: Manual testing, JIRA, Rational Quality manager, Excel, Google Spreadsheets.