- 6+ years of working experience in Software Quality Assurance Testing.
- An in - depth understanding of all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Extensive working experience in GUI testing, Functionality testing, System testing, Integration testing, Backend testing, Regression Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Good exposure to software development methodologies and Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Waterfall.
- Proficiency in both Manual and Automation testing using ALM/ Confidential Quality Center, Confidential QTP/UFT and JIRA.
- Experienced in analyzing existing QA models and re-define QA Processes based on QA best practices and guidelines to improve the company-wide QA process and mindset of QA Personal.
- Expertise in Black box and Gray box including GUI, Ad-hoc, Smoke, Functional, Regression, System, Integration, Back End and UTA testing.
- Experienced in creating Test cases based on high-level technical requirements using ALM/ Confidential Quality Center.
- Experienced in Performance, Load and Stress testing using Load Runner
- Experienced in using Quality Center/ALM to store, schedule test cases and report bugs.
- Experienced in using SQL defining and executing SQL queries to prepare the data for test cases.
- Experienced in performing Regression Testing using QTP/UFT and interacted with developers to resolve issues using ALM/Quality center.
- Experienced in writing Functional scripts using QTP/UFT and identifying all windows, Pages, Objects, Methods and Properties. Custom code Script with Parameterization, programming logic and data driven types.
- Experienced in developing the automated test scripts from manual test cases for regression testing based on the requirement documents using QTP/UFT.
- Experienced in involved in testing of navigation flows, user authentication and feed process.
- Good experience in creating and testing word press websites with third party templates.
Web & App Servers: Web logic Server, IIS, Java Web Server, Apache Tomcat
Testing Tools: Confidential Quality Center, Confidential ALM, QuickTest Professional, Confidential UFT, JIRA, SOAP UI
Operating systems: Windows, UNIX/Linux
Applications: MS Office, Crystal Reports, MS Excel
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access
Confidential, Washington, D.C.
QA Engineer II
- Involved in requirements gathering; analyzing & reviewing the business requirements.
- Developed, implemented and executed test methodologies and plans to ensure software product quality.
- Tested PeopleSoft Financial modules Accounts payable, General Ledger, Purchasing, ePro, Inventory, Receivables, Billing, Commitment Control, Banking, Cash management, Asset Management, Order Management, and Project Costing
- Performed Backend Testing using Oracle
- Created Test scripts for testing the functional behaviors of insurance claims in queues for various claims status, their processing, and evaluation.
- Developed the Test Cases using Software Requirement Specification and Design documents.
- Worked closely with the Quality Manager in planning, coordinating and implementing the testing methodology; involved in working with agile methodology.
- Involved in Data Migration testing and reporting issues to the Developers
- Involved in testing the Web Applications developed in different programming languages.
- Prepared Test Scripts, Test conditions, Test Scenarios into Confidential Quality Center/ALM.
- Defined requirements, Test Cases using Quality Center, Linked test cases with the requirements.
- Scheduled and executed Manual Test Scripts through Quality Center; involved in Test Execution, reporting any defect in QC/ALM.
- Performed backend testing by writing SQL Queries; Wrote advanced T-SQL and PL/SQL statements to verify data Integrity.
- Developed VB scripts in QTP/UFT to perform end to end testing.
- Created a set of re-usable scripts using VBScript in QTP/UFT.
- Developed test scripts using QTP/UFT to perform functional and regression testing.
- Developed Descriptive Programming and Maintained Local and Global Object Repository in QTP/UFT.
- Developed Baselines for System Stress/Load Performance using Load Runner
- Used LoadRunner to create Vuser Scripts using VuGen, used Controller to generate and executed LoadRunner scenarios.
- Involved in Capacity Planning for load testing various web services using Confidential Load Runner.
- Conducted Load testing to generate the load on the server by creating Vuser scripts in LoadRunner.
- Validated of test results proactively explain and work through variances.
- Attended the Test planning sessions to help understand the End to End team with the code changes for the project
- Performed extensive User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Performed End-to-End testing on the release version of the software application and detected GUI bugs.
- Provided training to other employees on testing best automation practices.
- Tested all the applications under different Operating Systems and under different Web Server environments.
Environment: ALM, Quality Center, UFT, QTP, LoadRunner, SharePoint, PeopleSoft 9.2 Financials, Dot Net, SQL Server, MS Office, J2EE, Oracle, Windows and Linux.Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Participated in gathering user requirement and online system specification.
- Designed and developed Tests Scripts for Manual Testing of all the modules.
- Performed Smoke, GUI, Ad-hoc, Functional, Integration, Regression, Back End, and System Testing.
- Prepared a Traceability Matrix using ALM to test cases to the requirements and defects.
- Tracked, Reviewed, Analyzed and Compared and Stored defected in ALM.
- Involved in performing Back-End testing by writing SQL queries to extract the data from SQL and Oracle databases.
- Extensive testing of Transportation, Fleet Management and Warehouse Management projects with Washington State
- Involved in Database Compatibility Testing to make sure that the application was compatible when the database was upgraded.
- Performed extensive GUI Testing using UFT.
- Performed high-level Functional and Integration Testing also performed Browser Compatibility Testing.
- Tracked the bugs using Confidential ALM and generated reports & Defect metrics.
- Documented the test results and test processes using Confidential ALM.
- Performed smoke testing and integration testing.
- Involved in Audit meetings and got an initiative to reach QA testing goals.
- Planned appropriate resources for the project. Ensured collection and analysis of metrics and implemented corrective /preventive actions based on analysis results.
- Prepared new release notes, test report and delivered to teams.
Environment: ALM, UFT, Windows, UNIX, Oracle, SQL Server, Java Script, VB Script, MS OfficeConfidential, Foster City, CA
- Involved in collaborating with all members of the project team including associates from the Development, Business Analysis, Quality Assurance and Release Management teams to ensure quality of deliverables.
- Involved in testing, Policy Center, Billing Center and Claim Center Modules
- Tested FACETS on Membership module to validate the member eligibility and member enrollment for different plans.
- Understanding and verifying benefit matrixes (Healthcare Plans) updating benefit changes to respective Products IDs (PDPD) and their related prefixes (SEPY) (BSBS) (LTLT) (DEDE).
- Tested Subscriber/Member file, Provider file and Claims Processing and their sub modules like SESE, TPCT.
- Involved in creating the Test Data to test functionality of the application.
- Developed positive and negative test cases.
- Created test strategy, test plan, test procedures and test cases and tracked defects and enhancement requests using Quality Center.
- Standardized QA processes for FACETS implementation and testing
- Used Quality Center to execute functional scenarios, bug reporting and bug tracking and view and integrate requirements.
- Used Quality Center to create and attach test results, defect reports and coordinated with development to resolve the issues.
- Extensively used Quality Center for defect tracking.
- Performed backend database testing using and wrote SQL Statements.
- Involved in conducting Functional, Integration, System, and Regression testing using QuickTest Pro.
- Wrote user defined custom functions using VB Script in QTP.
- Created automated steps for the update order component in business process testing (BPT) using QTP.
- Assisted in analyzing, documenting and maintaining test results.
- Provided the management with test metrics, reports, and schedules as necessary and participated in the design walk-through and meetings.
- Actively participated in preparing the Test Summary Report.
Environment: Confidential QuickTest Professional, Quality Center, FACETS, Oracle, J2EE, SQL, MS Office, Windows and Linux