- QA Automation and Manual Engineer with 7+ years of core expertise on Automation and Manual testing in Windows, Web application and mainframe terminal testing.
- Good domain knowledge in - Health Care, Embedded mobile and Banking.
- Worked extensively with Selenium, Quick Test Pro / UFT 12.02, Quality Center and ALM 12.01,TFS,JIRA.
- Developed test automation artifacts - scripts, functions and scenarios using Selenium .Automated test cases with Selenium and built hybrid framework with TestNG/Appium controller.
- Exposure in various methodologies such as Agile(Scrum), Waterfall .
- Extensive knowledge of all stages of the SDLC & STLC Life Cycle .
- Expert in Functional, Smoke, Regression, System, Black Box, Integration, (UAT), Ad-hoc, Back End Testing.
- Working knowledge of Web Services & XML-based technologies like SOAP UI, XML,REST.
- Strongly experienced in bug log/ tracking usingQ.C/ALM/JIRA/TFS/MTM.
- Good knowledge of writing SQL queries in Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, & DB2 database systems and extensively experienced in conducting Backend database testing.
- Experienced in performing complex functional, integration, and regression tests on multiple Software Product area to validate links, objects, images and text on Web pages
- Strongly experienced in developing Automation Framework using UFT through VB-script language by writing hard coded script from the scratch.
- Experienced in interacting with the Business users and provided test data to support UAT.
- Excellent written & verbal communication & interpersonal skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently as well as in a team. Strong Interpersonal, Self Motivation, Team Player, Self Starter, Quick Learner and Coordinating skills to work and interact in Team Environment.Have lead the team with both on-shore and off-shore counterparts.
- Good interaction skills with developers, managers and team members to coordinate job tasks.Experience in Selenium with Java Automating the Web UI.
- Hands on experience developing automation scripts for Mobile Web Browsers and Native applications automation.
- Used UI Automator Viewer to find the xpath of the elements for the native app application.Used Appium to test the native apps for Android mobiles.
- Used Gherkin to write the tests and executed the feature files with Junit Runner.
- Expertise in HP QTP Automation using VB script and Descriptive Programming.
- Exploratory testing using Microsoft Test Manager and all MTM test cases linked to User Stories and Requirements.
- Planned, built and maintained complex test automation frameworks - Data Driven (DDF), Keyword Driven (KDF) and Hybrid (HF).
- Performed Back-End Testing of Database by writing SQL queries to validate the front end transactions.
- Well experienced in identifying Manual and Automation Test Cases and preparing Test Plan, Test Dataset.
- Have both manual and automation testing experience in banking web applications for credit cards - for issuing new cards based on credit score, and end to end payment flow of the balance amount. Manually tested Mainframe screens and database testing.
- Experience in effectively planning, executing and monitoring the activities as per scheduled timelines.
- Attended and organized conference calls, project review meetings with essential plans and execution reports.
Selenium TestNG: Junit, Eclipse, HP Quality Center, ALM - 11.52, HP (QTP) Quick Test Professional / UFT - 12.02,Soap UI,REST,TFS,VSTS
Defect Log tools: Q.C, JIRA, ALM,TFS,MTM
Languages: SQL, VB, JAVA
Database: Microsoft Access, SQL Server, Oracle,MY SQL
Document Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point, MS SharePoint
Frameworks (Testing): Selenium - Hybrid, UFT- Data Driven and Hybrid
Confidential - Pittsburgh, PA
- Created test cases & performed Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing, Black Box Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Ad-hoc Testing, Exploratory testing & Back End Testing.
- Plans, coordinates, and monitors the progress of applications to ensure their ongoing alignment with business goals.
- Works with the Business and IT Management to plan and coordinate short and long-term testing strategy and implementation.Serve as a liaison resource for others on the team or partners within other business units.
- Document, track, and validate defects in bug tracking software (TFS) under Agile( Scrum) methodology & wrote Test analysis report, Requirement analysis report, Requirement traceability matrix(RTM), Executive summary.
- Execute and maintain test plans and test cases to ensure products meet quality standards as per software guidelines.
- Performed a series of release testing to ensure the software runs as intended prior to making a software system available for public consumption also flaws are fixed and inefficiencies removed to come up with a program that runs seamlessly
- Attend walkthrough meeting, requirement review meeting, agile (scrum) daily stand up meeting, weekly integration meeting, weekly QA meeting, weekly bug triage, sprint review meeting, sprint retrospective meeting
- Collaborate with project team and other staff by utilizing technical skills and creativity to ensure that products function properly and meet the needs of clients.
- Defined data requirements and elements used in XML transactions.
- Work closely with development team member to produce test protocols from system requirements.
- Writing complex SQL queries for data validation in order to verifying SSIS Packages and business Rules.
- Collaborate with project team and other staff utilizing technical skills and Creativity to ensure that products function properly & fulfill client needs.
- Effectively distributed responsibilities, arranged meetings and communicated with team members in all phases of the project.
- Scheduled the jobs using Auto system and automated the jobs to be run at specific time and automated the reports.
- Used Selenium Grid for parallel execution for quicker results, used Gherkin to create the scenarios in the feature file.
- Used SQL queries in the scripts to connect to DB and the required Tables, to automate the DB portions of the test cases.
- Execute the corresponding test script and capture the screenshots at the required verification points and on application errors.
- Create data for the test cases which required to be automated.
- End to end execution of all the test cases using TFS /Test Manager.
- Update weekly progress of the automation/Manual status to manager.
- Support functional team during verification and execution of the test scripts during the release.
Technologies: TFS,.Net, Windows 7, MS SQL Server, Java, Selenium, TestNG,Agile Scrum,Visual Studio,VSTS.
Confidential - Pittsburgh, PA
- Define, design, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new and current software applications in support of business requirements in Java platforms.
- Participate in the Design, Development, and implementation of test standards, as well as QA procedures to maintain high levels of software quality and product reliability.
- Demonstrates innovation when evaluating the business implications of technology solutions to support building QA support plans Serves as primary contact and technical advisor to clients and IT Leadership.
- Perform feasibility analysis on potential ways of streamlining and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the QA process Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Created an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and solution works as expected & solution tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy- and / or external systems.
- Attend meetings to update testing progress and raise issues / concerns related to the application.
- Created test cases & executed Functional, Smoke, Regression,System,Black Box, Integration, UAT, Ad-hoc, & Back End Testing & log the defects in TFS.
- Performed mobile Testing on mobile device & also using by Emulator.
- Performed memory leak, performance, load testing on mobile device under different workload condition.
- Testing different features like Bluetooth,Network compatibility,Wifi capability,LED light,Alarm Beep sound on mobile device instrument .
- Generate, analyze, & publish test results & document the testing report.
- Created PL/SQL Procedure & function as part of Backend Testing.
- Conduct Data Driven Testing using parameterization to test the application with different Sets of data.
- Created Automation test script using VBscript, Descriptive Programming & execute the test script and capture the screenshots as required with ALM and uploading the results at the end of the test run.
- Guide the design and development of our internal automation framework & Facilitate test-driven deployment.
- Identify any potential quality issues as per the defined process and escalate issues immediately to management.
Technologies: UFT 12.01, Q.C/ALM 11.52, MS Office, Windows 7, My SQL,TFS, Visual Studio,MS Test Manager,Agile (Scrum)
Confidential - Newark, DE
- Worked in credit card technology department using TSYS mainframe application AS-400 & performed mainframe testing (batch, online)
- Created, updated, validated Bank accounts for both Joint & Individual in order to meet bank’s quality standards.
- Translate business and design requirements into technical requirements for multiple Development teams - back end service developers, framework developers, and UI developers.
- Perform critical analysis on information consolidated from multiple sources, identify and resolve conflicts, and break down high-level information into detailed workable requirements .
- Generating reports and dashboards for metrics, Creating and implementing business rules, Building an automation suite for master data preparation.
- Work with Developers and Subject Matter Experts to understand the work effort for the requirement. Communicate any compromises or risks to the Designers and Product Managers if needed, facilitate making adjustments that satisfy all parties.
- Reviewed mortgages to test for regulatory compliance and maintenance of service standards.
- Customized automation scripts to validate functionality in multiple environments.
- Utilized online fraud prevention and identification tools for various internal quality control procedures & validated the authenticity of the loan application data and property valuation.
- Created function libraries and generic functions using VB Script & Creating test reports using ALM Data, which integrated with UFT (V 11.50).
- Writing Test Plan & Test Cases and execute it for the entire testing effort.
- Articulated UML through Use Cases, Use Case documented by specifying factors, normal flow, sub flow, and alternative flows for each and every Use Case.
- Designed test data using MS Excel Macro for testing the application with positive and Negative Inputs. Expertise with automated regression testing tools by supporting in depth client environment as well as web based & SOA based interfaces.
- Executed database integrity tests by executing SQL queries in Oracle.
- Wrote SQL queries for validating data transfer during database migration.
- Developed various Test Cases for data validation and functionality and executed those using SQL Quires.
- To ensure that Integration, Functional, System, Boundary, Security, Database, Data Integrity and End-to-End tests were performed during different phases of testing.
- Used ALM to write and execute manual test cases and linked automated test scripts with UFT for bug reporting and generating graphs using filters to analyze results and track bugs fixed.
- Created test scripts using VBscript, function library, environment variables, Descriptive Programming, DDF (Data Driven Framework) and Keyword Driven Framework .
- Executed manual test cases using ALM and provided status report on test progress.
- Used ALM tool to log and track open, closed and re-opened defects and retested the defects fixed by the developers.Ensure all defects have been reported and maintained status on defects.
Technologies /Tools Used: ALM, MS Office, Windows 7, QTP / UFT - 11.52, Outlook, Mainframe,TSYS,Oracle
Confidential -Washington D.C
QA /BA Analyst
- Analyzed Business, Functional Requirements, and Design Documents to develop Test Plan &Test Cases.Performed requirements gathering and GAP analysis of the requirements.
- Responsible for testing, writing test plans, producing test reports, creating test metrics and providing recommendations on automating test strategies based on Business Requirements and Technical Specifications that are set to meet the requirements of products and services.
- Communicated effectively to all Business partners, clients and users on project timelines, CRQ's and upcoming changes, ensuring that project's dependencies were clearly defined and appropriately communicated to clients and users. .
- Executed & maintained high end test scripts for various functional & regression testing using QTP (version 10) through VBScript.
- Designed test steps, requirement mapping to tests, executing tests manually, defect logging and defect reporting in JIRA.
- Collaborate with QA team in reviewing test cases, test plan and tested the final application for usability testing to verify whether all the user requirements were met .Wrote SQL queries to perform database integrity tests.
- Developed and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to cross reference the functionality to the required test cases.
- Involved Web Service Testing through SOAP UI/REST Method.
Technologies: HTML, XML, JIRA, Excel Macro, QTP, MySQL,PL/SQL, Windows, Java script, Agile Methodology (Scrum),Soap UI, Rest service