- Over 7 years in Information Technology as a QA Engineer/Analyst with experience in analysis, design, development and testing of Client/Server and Web Based Applications.
- Strong Knowledge and experience of all phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), and QALC (Quality Assurance Life Cycle).
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium RC/WebDriver/IDE/Grid, HP Quick Test Professional and Junit/TestNG, Load Runner, Quality Center, Jmeter, JIRA, Cucumber, Jbehave, Ant/Maven, SOAPUI and Version One.
- Expert on Selenium Automation using WebDriver and Server. Heavy programming using Java, Junit, TestNG.
- Proficient in using SoapUI for testing WebServices and used various types of assertions such as soap fault, Contains, Soap not fault, X - path etc.
- Expertise in functional testing AUT using Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver using JUNIT unit testing framework.
- Expert in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Hudson for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Experience in Black Box testing, Functional Testing, System testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Data Driven testing, Back End and Front End testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Executing Test Scripts, Automation of Test Cases, Defect Tracking and Report Generation.
- Extensive experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Experience in Performance Testing of API and Web applications using Silk Performer and Jmeter.
- Expert level knowledge in all modules of Quality Center (Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, Dashboard and Defects).
- Demonstrated ability to work on Work Flow Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, and Data Flow Diagrams.
- Expert in performing different tests types, QA Methodologies: White Box, Black Box, Front-End and Back-End, Stress & Load, Regression, Configuration, Functional, Installation & Integration, Smoke, and User Acceptance Testing
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and waterfall models and TDD/BDD.
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Good programming skills in Java, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL and experience in SQL Server, Access and Oracle Databases.
- Proficient in using basic SQL queries to perform back end testing for data integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE, Cucumber
Web Debugging Tool: Firebug, Firepath, XPath, Xpather
Web Services: Soap, Rest
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG
Process Models: Agile, TDD, BDD
Build Tool: Ant, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Mac
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirement Documents and Technical Specification document and developed test plan and test cases for testing the application.
- Followed Test Driven Development (TDD) as much as possible and written test cases using TestNG for every relevant class.
- Participated in requirement reviews and analyzed Modification requests and Enhancement requests.
- Tested independent and dependant modules individually. Prepared Test Matrix to keep track of the requirements and the test cases.
- Define, develop, and execute automation test scripts using Java that leverage black and white box testing across functional, non-functional and performance testing.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber. Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Created Python scripting to test REST API functionality for regression setup.
- Developed Python scripts to automate the test cases.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Performed manual testing of each build and then regression testing on each builds using Selenium WebDriver.
- Create scripts Python for new functionalities and update the existing scripts for upgraded functionalities.
- Created Selenium web-driver automation scripts using Python to validate functionality on various browsers.
- Performed UI testing and front end testing using Selenium.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE and Firefox.
- Developed Test Framework in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test automation (Java).
- Done SOA testing for Payments API's using SOAP UI and Java framework for web services testing.
- Developed data driven test scripts to check the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Created the tests that have no user interaction as a set and executed them as Batch tests using Maven.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium WebDriver and executed a batch of tests as TestNG suite.
- Performed Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses.
- Developed Selenium scripts in TestNG for parameterization using Data Provider annotation.
- Developed user-friendly and flashy XSLT reports using TestNG and Maven.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Jenkins, Python, Quality Center/ALM, XPath, SOAPUI, Maven, Java Script, IE, Firefox, Chrome, TDD, Windows, UNIX.Confidential, Richardson, TX
QA Selenium Engineer
- Responsible for preparation of Test cycle/progress reports, analysis of defect metrics & implement improvement actions for next iterations.
- Performed different testing task using various test scripts on Selenium WebDriver and Junit.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Involved in designing and implementing of hybrid automation framework to be used with Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (TDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API and Flash Monkey API to write automation script and run Flex designed site.
- Used the Firebug to inspect the XPath of the web elements and Eclipse IDE for Java development.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Test Automation Framework using Cucumber ATDD/BDD/TDD.
- Parameterize using Cucumber.
- Setup Maven project for Cucumber and Selenium, perform Data Driven Testing in Cucumber and Selenium.
- Knowledge of generate html reports in Cucumber.
- Performed API Level testing for web services, enhanced the Test harness and developed many Test suites using XML, Python .
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Used Python codes to handle textbox, dropdown, checkbox, buttons and popup controls.
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Responsible creating the functional testing framework using TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver to automate the UI components.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run the parallel testing.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end to end testing using Selenium WebDriver (using Java).
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAPUI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Coordinated for conducting white box testing.
- Data Validation and testing using SQL and PL/SQL with Oracle and Toad also JDBC.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Defect logging and tracking using Mercury Quality Center (QC) and updated the test defects status with results.
- Involved in testing of web application by creating XML test suite.
- Used BugZilla for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Closely involved with development team, maintenance team and business team regarding changing requirements, builds and releases.
- Created all Test Plans, Test Cases and Manual and Automated Scripts to create greater coverage for all initiatives assigned.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for automating functional testing and to identify various critical points in applications.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and Junit functions which reads data from property and XML files.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver with Junit Frame work.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and Junit.
- Performed different testing task using various test scripts on Selenium WebDriver and Junit.
- Developed ANT based build scripts to run Selenium Automation. Integrated ANT Scripts to Continuous Integration Server to run nightly tests.
- Wrote different ANT scripts for performing the build on regular basis.
- Used Ant for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into Continuous Integration.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Jenkins.
- Involved in running Test scripts on different browsers using the Selenium WebDriver.
- Status Reporting for Test Design Phase, Test Execution, and Test Closure.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOAs) spanning across various departments using SOAP and WSDL using SOAP UI.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using JIRA and also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Created and executed database queries (SQL) to validate database data integrity.
- Performed data accuracy, data validation and data integrity testing by querying the database using SQL queries to check the data table on server.
- Involved in defect management - Track all the defects raised, conduct defect meetings to update the status of all the defects on periodical basis, publish a consolidated list on weekly basis.
- Involved in QA team meetings and gave updates to the QA lead/Project Manager on a weekly basis.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, ANT, Jenkins, SOAP UI, Jira, Firebug, XPath, Eclipse, HTML, XML, MSWord, MS Excel, SQL, Oracle Windows.Confidential
- Worked closely with developers and other QA members to define test requirements and developed test cases based on the Business requirements and System requirements.
- Responsible for design and development of requirements collected from the customer.
- Prepared test plans to identify test strategies and resource.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium RC and Junit.
- Defined test automation strategy, designed automated tests, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium.
- Responsible for setting up the framework and test environment.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium RC.
- Involved manual testing of various test cases with respective test scripts on Selenium and generate analysis report with Quality Center.
- Extensively involved in integrating Selenium RC with existing API to test framework.
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases parallel on different target machines.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts for back-end testing using Selenium and executed the Junit tests.
- Involved in executing all Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Involved in System-wide Integration, regression and Load testing.
- Performed active regression, load, stress, volume and performance testing.
- Worked in Manual and Automated testing of applications on Windows and UNIX/Linux Environment.
- Verified database test results using Toad.
- Clearly documented all the test cases and executing methods and techniques and uploaded all the requirements.
- Worked closely with Business teams and participated in Business Acceptance Testing (BAT).
- Actively participated in status report meetings and interacted with other team members for technical issues.
- Created test plans & test cases for integration testing of the application and execute manual test cases and automate test scripts.
- Identified the scenarios which can be automated and wrote test scripts.
- Verified data integrity by back-end testing of the application by writing SQL queries.
- Reported and tracked the Bugs through HP Quality Center.
- Performed regression tests and load tests to identify performance bottlenecks and provided improvement recommendations for the developers and closely worked with them in the development process.
- Responsible for dealing with developers and business analysts to better understand requirements, functionality and business process for QA testing.
- Executed SQL Queries and made sure that values entered in front end is stored successfully in the appropriate data tables.
- Coordinated with the Project Team and Configuration Management Team for build release.
- Involved in Coordinating with offshore teams.
Environment: HP Quality Center, Oracle, MS SQL Server, UNIX/ LINUX, Windows.