- Experienced in deciding and finalizing Test Requirements, creation of Test Cases, executing Test Cases and analyzing Test Results, report and track Defects.
- Good working knowledge in Test Environments and Pre and Post Production Environments. Managed and actively participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), System testing, Integration testing, Regression Testing, Black Box Testing and Backend or Database Testing.
- Extensive experience in developing and executing Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Reports and Documentation for Web, Client/Server, Desktop and Mobile Applications.
- Diversified experience in Manual and Automated testing; extensively used automated Testing Tools such as Mercury Interactive Test suite in both Windows and UNIX environment (UFT and ALM).
- Experience in SDLC thorough knowledge of Agile and Agile Scrum Methodology.
- Tested application on Emulator and Real devices.
- Hands on experience in defect escalation and priority setting.
- Provided timely and accurate feedback to management and development Teams regarding product quality to achieve scheduled targets.
- Writing and enhancing test cases and summarizing results for fixes and regression.
- Defined activities required for Functional Testing, System Testing, Parallel Testing, Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in testing the Mobile and web based applications on multiple platforms including Android, IOS, safari, explorer, and Firefox.
- Complete understanding of Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC), QA Methodology and QA Strategy including Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Achieved maximum productivity by testing SQR reports, processes and interfaces.
- Extensively used the Query Manager tool and developed several queries.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts, End Users and Developers.
- Leadership abilities to direct, conduct motivate and evaluate teams’
- Self - motivated, quick learner, detail oriented, time bound, responsible, team player and ability to coordinate in a team environment.
- Outstanding communication, writing and problems solving skills.
Databases: Oracle, MS Access and SQL Server
Tools: Quality Center, QTP, UFT, MS Share Point, Visual Studio, Microsoft Test Manage and Team Foundation Server, Jira.
Languages: Visual Basic, Java, HTML and VB Scripts.
Operating Systems: Unix and Windows.
Confidential, Herndon VA
SR QA Analyst
- Analyzed Business Requirement Specification (BRS), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS), Software Requirement Specification (SRS) and User Requirement Document (URD). Actively participated in enhancement meetings focused at making the application more reliable.
- Performed Manual Testing of web-based and Mobile Application used management tool -ALM
- Reported defects using ALM and discussed details with Project managers.
- Created traceability matrix between requirements in Requirement plan manager and test cases in Test plan manager.
- Performed functionality testing which involved the testing of all core functions of the application.
- Tested the application under different networks and Internet speeds including while on EDGE, 3G, 2G and Wi-Fi.
- Experienced working on Native and Browser based application.
- Worked with Perfecto mobile emulator to simulate different test results.
- Involved in different phases of Test effort like Functional testing, Regression testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Thorough knowledge of mobile platforms such as Android and IOS.
- Tested the application on iPad and iPhone when the operating system was unveiled and made sure the application was enhanced to be compatible with the Android devices
- Involved in establishing scope, traceability, and test scenarios.
- Used the Agile methodology during the project life cycle and ascertained deliverables on a per sprint basis.
- Conducted back-end testing of the application using SQL queries.
- Follow up with UAT Users of any defect / requirement related issues, identify, classify and add more information to better track defect.
Environment: Windows operating systems, HP ALM, MS-Office, MS SharePoint, SQL, MS Visio, SQL server, MS Project, web technologies and web services.Confidential, Pittsburg, PA
Sr. QA Analyst
- Analyzed Business Requirement Specification (BRS), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS), Software Requirement Specification (SRS) and User Requirement Document (URD).
- Wrote test plan and test cases based on Requirement Document.
- Validate all test cases with business rules.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing using HP Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Wrote testing procedure for different devices and carrier for tester to follow.
- Performed Functionality and Regression testing, End-to-End testing manually.
- Involved in Meetings/Walkthrough with QA team and provided test status.
- Utilized HP Quality Center to track, report, and manage defect throughout the test cycle and attended Defect Status Meeting on daily basis during testing cycle.
- Created User-defined functions, functions libraries and maintained the initialization scripts to set-up the work environment using QTP.
- Wrote and maintain Test Summery Report and Defect Summery Report.
- Trained and mentor others in testing concepts and in using testing tools.
- Attended in UAT sign off meeting and provided feedback.
Environment: Quality Center, Quick Test Professional (QTP), Oracle, Windows XP/Vista/Win7 Professional.Confidential, Amityville, NY
- Created Test Plans which describes the features and functions to be tested.
- Developed Test Scenario/Test Cases/Test steps covering both positive and negative testing requirements.
- Created manual test by using Quality Center and automated test by using QTP.
- Executed test Cases and Procedures for Functionality Testing, Black Box Testing, Regression Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Created Test Log by writing Description, Activity and event entries, Execution description, Procedural results and Environmental Information.
- Analyzed and helped in modifying the Use Cases and created the Test cases based on them.
- Participated in various meeting and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Maintained Test Matrix and Project Matrix using an Excel sheet to keep track of the Project's schedule and status.
- Developed Test Scripts using Quick Test Professional for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Developed SQL Scripts for Backend Testing to ensure that the data is updated as per the Business Rules.
- Created Test incident report / Bug Report using Quality Center.
- Communicated with developers to resolve various issues.
- Performed Functionality and Regression testing, End-to-End testing manually
- Conducted Smoke testing.
- Tested the web interfaces both manually and also by using the automated tools.
Environment: J2EE, Quality Center, Quick Test Professional (QTP), Oracle, Web Logic, UNIX and Windows 2003/XP.Confidential, McLean, VA
- Reviewed and Analysis System Requirement Specification (SRS) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and Business Rules.
- Write Test Case base on the Business Requirements and write Test Plan Base on particular Testing Cycle.
- Responsible for creating and executing test cases for Functional, Integration, Regression, System testing of the Application.
- Executed the Test Cases Manually to verify the application functionality.
- Manually performed Back-End Testing by writing SQL queries.
- Developed queries for testing the data in the databases using SQL.
- Used Test Director to Login Defects and Tracking Change Request (CR) and generated Testing and Defects Reports.
- Used Test Director in reporting and communicating between developers, product support and test team members.
- Stored Requirement using Requirement Tab, developed Test Cases using Test Plan Tab, executed the Test cases using Test Lab Tab and reporting Defects using the Defect Tab in Test Director.
- Summarized detail test reports with Defect logs and sent them to developers through proper channel.
- Conducted System testing to ensure the system functions will meet the business needs and establishment of preliminary work instructions.
- Verified and closed Bug Reports once they are resolved.
Environment: Test Director, SQL Server, HTML, Java Script, Linux and Windows 2000/XP.