- Over 12 years of diversified experience in QA Management, Software Testing and Automation, software & quality assurance - Inspections, risk management, requirements analysis & reviews, software metrics, quality and test plans, Requirement Specifications, test cases and designs, Testing & Validation, Bug tracking, Change control and configuration management.
- Has working knowledge in various domains like Mobile, Sales, CRM, Banking, Credit Unions, HR, Finance, Logistics, Confidential, BI and Marketing.
- Very good knowledge in QA methodologies like Agile and waterfall. Involved with setting standards and identifying, recommending, and implementing changes to enhance the effectiveness of quality assurance strategies.
- Performed the role of a Scrum Master from past 5 years at various organizations and helped in delivering several successful projects.
- Experience in writing Test Scripts, Test Cases and execute them, problem solving and Bug Reports using Bug tracking tools.
- Has extensive experience in Functional, Mobile, Automation, Integration, System, Backend, Data ware house and Regression Testing. Well versed with testing concepts and methodologies.
- Worked in the area of Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence and has proven functional and business analysis skills.
- Good understanding of UNIX fundamentals.
- Worked on different automated tools based on the need of the projects.
- Knowledge in concepts of database design, development and testing of various Client/Server Applications using ORACLE, SQL and majorly involved in data warehouse testing for different projects
- Enabled SEI-CMM level 5 and ISO9001 certified companies to bring the focus on quality and effectiveness.
- Strong experience in performing Black Box testing methodologies.
- Able to take preventative action when any risks become unacceptable.
- Experience in leading and testing mobile apps (iOS based) and delivering bug free apps.
- Actively maintain awareness and understanding of current developments and best practice in testing.
- Knowledge of execution scripting and planning.
- Experience of working on Business Technical and Functional Requirements.
- Excellent reputation as detail-oriented lead with skills in communication and project management.
- Determined project scope and feature / change requirements, estimated schedules, tracked item completion, maintained project documentation.
- Reviewed Business requirements, IT Design documents and prepared Test Plans for all assigned Project releases
- Multi-level team management.
- Experience in managing multi-location teams.
- Ability to lead offshore testing teams.
- Experience of client facing roles.
- Constantly maintaining high levels of accuracy.
- Ability to quickly learn applications with minimal documentation
- A strong understanding of the full development life cycle & how testing relates to it.
- Can translate business processes into clear and comprehensive test scenarios.
Test Management: JIRA, Confluence, HP ALM, RQM, Rally
Test Automation: Selenium, AppPerfect, Sikuli, Cucumber, Waitr, Ranorex, UFT
Databases: PL SQL, MySQL, Data ware housing (MS BI - SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
Languages: Java, Ruby, Python
API /: Web Services SOAPUI NG
Performance: WAPT, JMETER, LOADUI
Operating Systems: Mac OS, iOS, Windows OS, Linux
Senior Quality Analyst / QA Lead
Confidential, Beaverton, OR
- Managing testing activities for a large engagement in the credit union and ensuring the QA team is well equipped to carry out the release executions well within the scope and schedule
- Using agile methodologies and tools ensuring there is smooth transition from QA to respective phases in the release life cycle
- Working as a scrum master and lead QA for enterprise solutions team, where kanban approach is followed.
- Managing day-to-day activities like scheduling the daily standups, checking with the kanban board for tickets coming in and out of different stages.
- When in QA stage, ensure that the testing is done as per process and interact with business in completing their acceptance testing. Update the board with the sign offs from business and proceeds to next stage.
- Testing activities typically include manual testing, browser compatibility, automation using UFT and Quality Center (HP ALM) and Selenium web driver, mobile automation using RANOREX, performance and load testing using WAPT, web service testing using SOAPUI NG PRO, Agile process activities using JIRA, code analysis and job level execution using Perl, database querying using PL-SQL.
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
- Establishing the testing process across the project in a quick sprint based releases
- Working on global delivery model to ensure releases are done smoothly.
- Involve in review and execution of QA in the fast paced agile model of approach.
- Performed different levels & types of tests like Functional testing Data warehouse testing, Ad-hoc testing Positive/Negative Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing.
- Using Quality Center (HP ALM) for tracking and reporting.
- Performing ETL validation on the source files used and also creates reports using Micro strategy for testing and report issues if any.
- Tracking project statuses and user stories in Rally using agile process as a scrum master and also worked in setting up the Scrum process using agile model
Process Management and QA Lead
Confidential, Cupertino, CA
- Establishing the gating process across the projects in a portfolio.
- Implementation of agile process for a large engagement with use of tools like JIRA and confluence.
- Played a role of scrum master in successful implementation of the projects in the portfolio.
- Hand holding of projects through different phases by communicating with different teams. Interacting with the business and management on releases and understanding/ documenting the requirements.
- Bring the QA team to the pace for every release by giving knowledge transfer sessions.
- Working on global delivery model to ensure releases are done smoothly.
- Tracking project statuses in Confluence and JIRA using agile process
- Involve in review and execution of QA when ever necessary.
- Mobile apps testing (iOS based) and reporting the defects and getting timely resolutions needed.
- Tested internal mobile apps designed for iPhone and iPad and developed for the retail and sales teams and performed manual and automation testing (using sikuli) on them
- Performed different levels & types of tests like Functional Testing, Automation testing, Ad-hoc testing Positive/Negative Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Cross - browser Testing, Compatibility testing for web applications.
- Worked on standardizing the automation for the sales systems using various tools like Selenium, App-Perfect, Sikuli.
- Used Cucumber for testing internal web based application. Created cases using Gherkin and followed BDD.
- QA Lead for an internal sales application, which involves automation using selenium with java.
- Review of test cases/ scenarios, Test planning, estimations, Requirement Analysis, Schedule and task tracking, System Testing
- Team coordination, Mentoring, Status reporting, Tracking (at module level), Knowledge Management (prepare, People Management, Tracking, Customer interfacing
Environment: VSTS 2008, Visual studio 2008, C#, .Net, SQL, Windows server 2008, exchange server 2008, windows XP, Vista
Senior Software Test Engineer/QA Analyst
- Test planning, use case designing, test scenarios designing, Test cases designing for Integration testing, System testing, Build verification testing, Data conversion testing, Performance testing, Peer Reviews for Requirements, Designing, Coding and Testing, Integration Testing, System testing, Regression testing, Database SQL Scripts Testing & SQL Jobs Testing, Data conversion testing, Performance testing, Usability testing, User Acceptance Testing,
- Attending weekly conference calls to communicate weekly status with onsite effectively and also attending conference calls frequently as per the project need, Maintaining Issues through Issue Tracker, Action plans through Action tracker Maintaining Test Repositories as per CMM Level5.
Environment: Microsoft BI suite (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), VSTS 2005, .Net Framework 2.0.TSP/PSP, MS Office, SQL, Windows OS.
- Usability Testing, functional testing and cosmetic error testing
- Browser compatibility testing on different browsers.
Environment: Windows OS, Mac OS, WAS, ACT, Bug collector pro
- As a part of QA team, involved in Test case generation, execution, and test case management.
- Involved in Review and Maintenance of Manual test cases. Executed System Test Cases to check the functionality of the application against the User requirements, Defect reporting and review for every release cycle.
Environment: Windows OS, Test Director 7.0 and Load Runner 7.0