- Around 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance (QA) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Automation.
- Extensively experienced in designing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Procedures.
- Proficient in Software Quality Assurance Testing Manual as well as Automation Testing for the applications on Windows and UNIX environment.
- Experienced in analyzing Requirement Specifications and developed Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Extensively experienced in Manual and Automation testing of the applications.
- Strong Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) like Waterfall and Agile Methodologies.
- Experienced in Regression Testing, Negative Testing, Compatibility Testing, GUI Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Security Testing, Smoke Testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Proficient in Manual and Automated Testing with HP ALM/Quality Center and UFT.
- Exposure in performing verification and validation activities, including preparation of Test scripts, step - by-step execution of Test scripts and consolidation and reporting the bugs as per severity in HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Proficient in writing SQL, PL/SQL queries to perform back end testing.
- Expert in Manual testing, Automation with UFT/QTP.
- Experienced in developing Descriptive programming for Key-word driven Testing using QTP/ UFT.
- Skilled at writing, maintaining & updating VBScript in UFT/QTP to perform functional, Data driven, Modular & Regression Testing.
- Experienced in querying and testing using RDBMS tools like Oracle, MS SQL server, DB2, TOAD, and MS Access for Data integrity.
- Experienced in UNIX/ Linux platform and environments.
- Good team player with good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong documentation skills.
Operating System: Windows, Linux/Unix
Scripting Languages: VBScript, SQL, HTML, XML, Java Script
Database: Oracle, DB2, Microsoft Access
Testing Tools: HP QTP, UFT, HP Quality Center, HP ALM, Jira
Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, HP ALM
Testing Environment: HTML, HTTP, DB2, VBScript, Java, C#, J2EE, DHTML, Toad, ASP, .NET, SQL, XML
Confidential, New York, NY
- Generating Test Cases/procedures as per system, architecture and data synchronization requirements.
- Working closely with business analysts, programmers, and end users in a cross functional team.
- Working with SDLC process like AGILE methodology.
- Involved in preparation of Requirement Traceability Matrix, Defect Report, and Test tracking Report, Weekly Status Reports.
- Involved in GUI Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Negative Testing, Compatibility Testing, Security Testing, Smoke Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Involved in defect prevention activities and identified the process gap to improve the testing process.
- Providing design documentation for the test automation projects for knowledge transfer and standardizing Automation Testing procedures.
- Executing Test cases and reported defects in HP ALM.
- Developing and executing Test Cases, Test Scenarios and followed-up defects using HP ALM.
- Interacting with the developers to report using HP ALM.
- Finding critical bugs in the application, weekly Reporting through Bug Reports and Maintenance Traceability Matrix using HP ALM.
- Involved in Database testing by writing and executing SQL queries to ensure that data entered has been uploaded correctly in to the database.
- Installed the UFT for automating Test Cases and developed user defined functions to support Automated Scripts, used Data Driven Testing and Data Base accessing techniques to support the Scripts.
- Working with Checkpoints, Parameterization and Data Driven Test Scripts in UFT.
- Using UFT to Test Data Migration and Integration with external applications.
- Preparing automated scripts for Maintenance and Regression Testing using UFT.
- Generating Automation Scripts from Scratch for UFT.
- Developing Functional, Navigational, and User Acceptance (UAT) testing.
- Monitoring project plan execution and project metrics reporting.
- Developing Shared Object Repository for reusability across the scripts.
- Observing all data flow in the data warehouse system and verified details.
- Documenting the project sign off and other project closure activities.
Environment: CSS, C#, SQL Server, MS Office, Windows, SOAP UI, UNIX, VB Script, XML, HP ALM, HP UFT, Java, J2EE, Java Script, MS Visio, MS Excel.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Analyzed business requirements, Functional and Design specifications of the product, wrote effective Test cases for both manual and automated tests.
- Involved in Project Planning, Estimation, Scheduling & Tracking and maintaining various Test metrics.
- Created Test Plans to check user and business requirements efficiently.
- Performed regression testing by executing the baseline scripts and identified software errors and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Boundary Value Analysis, Regression and UAT testing to ensure high quality of the deliverable.
- Created Test design by using Quality Center and tracked the defects and reported the defects to the concerned persons.
- Updated the requirements and defected status as per the current status of the testing project using Quality Center.
- Performed Database testing by using SQL queries.
- Created and managed QTP Test Scripts based on the Requirements, and Scenarios.
- Used Quick Test Professional (QTP) for regression testing for automation of multiple modules in the environments.
- Performed Automation of test with extensive VB scripting for dynamic code in QTP.
- Updated scripts in Expert view with VB scripting and wrote the functions in Function Libraries and associated the required function libraries to each test.
- Used Functions extensively in QTP Scripts to make them reusable across multiple scripts.
- Used Keyword driven framework to develop QTP automation test scripts.
- Coordinated UAT with business users.
- Responsible for checking the reports with real time test data and for accuracy.
- Consistently completed assigned tasks and deliverables on schedule and reports.
- Participated in project meetings, QA status meetings.
Environment: CSS, Java Script, MS SQL Server, Web Services, HP Quality Center, QTP, VBScript, Java, Windows, UNIX, MS Excel, MS Office.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Analyzed various Requirements documents and Use Cases to prepare the detailed Test Plan.
- Documented Test Cases corresponding to business rules and other operating conditions.
- Performed End-to-End testing manually.
- Performed Functionality testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Database Testing and UAT.
- Recorded and reviewed results of tests with logs of the traced defects in Quality Center.
- Responsible for execution of regression scripts on each Service pack release and updated results in Quality Center.
- Logged the traced defects in Quality Center and created Test Matrix to analyze the defects.
- Developed and executed SQL queries for back end testing.
- Generated QTP Automated Scripts using VBScript.
- Used check points within the QTP Scripts to compare and retrieve data by using Database Checkpoints.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, Sanity Testing, integration testing using QTP.
- Tested GUI with web object checkpoints, Database checkpoints and Run-Time Record check points using hybrid model of descriptive programming and object repositories in QTP.
- Used Agile testing methodology for achieving deadlines in UAT.
- Responsible for Functional, Compatibility testing of web reports.
- Participated in release meetings.
Environment: Agile, MS Office, UNIX, MS Excel, TOAD, Oracle, SQL Server, Quality Center, QTP, Java, Java Script, Windows, HTML, Soap UI.