- Over three (3+) years of extensive experience in Software Quality Assurance and Software Testing for Web and Client Server applications.
- Participated in requirement analysis reviews and working sessions to understand the requirements and system design.
- Extensively experienced in running various kinds of tests such as Functional, Regression, Integration, System, End to End, Backend, Black Box and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Expert in Functional Analysis, software QA processes and good exposure to quality practices.
- Proven expertise with entire QA life cycle activities such as requirements analysis, design, development and implementation of Test scripts/Test cases, entry and exit criteria’s, defect tracking and documentation.
- Extensive experience in manual testing - Software Quality Assurance (SQA) testing techniques, methodologies, and best practices of writing
- SMART Requirements and detailed Manual Test Cases.
- Very good experience in Back-End Testing using SQL on Windows platforms to validate the consistency and accuracy of data.
- Experienced in performing browser compatibility testing with different browsers.
- Excellent working knowledge on both Unix/Linux and Windows environments.
- Experienced in working with Web Services, SOAP, and WSDL.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
- Quick learner and excellent team player having ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Worked on multiple Projects at the same time with multi-site & multi-cultural teams.
Testing Tools: Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, SoapUIProcesses: Agile, Waterfall
Bug tracking tools: Jira, Quality Center/ALM
Operating Systems: Windows
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access, Oracle
Web Technologies: HTML, HTTP,SOAP, Web services
Scripting Languages: VB Script
Servers: NT server, Window Server, UNIX, Linux
Browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome
Confidential, New York, NY
- Analyzed Business Requirements documented in BRD.
- Developed Test Scripts and coordinated with developers to quickly resolve the defects associated with them.
- Developed documentation for test plan by understanding business logic and user requirements for manual testing.
- Developed and executed manual test cases using QC.
- Enhanced the QTP scripts by inserting VBScript functions and Checkpoints, and Synchronization Point to capture upload time.
- Handled unknown exceptions in the test scripts using QTP Recovery Scenario Manager.
- Performed all type of black box testing such as smoke, functional, ad-hoc, regression, back end, system as well as end-to-end testing.
- Developed modular and linear scripts using record and playback of QTP.
- Maintained Progress Report of team members for update on individual work during test execution cycle in Quality Center.
- Identified & recorded defects with required information for issue to be reproduced by development team using Quality Center.
- Worked with developers to fix faults found in the structure and functionality of the application using Quality Center.
- Prepared daily/weekly bug status reports highlighting bug fix metrics and tracked the progress of test cycles in Quality Center.
- Prepared of various test documents in Quality Center.
- Involved in writing SQL quires for backend data base testing.
- Involved in creating RTM.
- Performed cross-browser compatibility testing using IE, Firefox, and Chrome.
- Participated in regular project team meetings to discuss testing procedures and resolve issues
Environment: QTP, Quality Center, VB script, XML, Oracle, SQL, MS Office, Windows and Linux
Confidential, New York, NY
- Created Reusable Actions and Functions in descriptive programming to add the new feature with the existing test suite.
- Maintained Error Handlings and adding Recovery Scenarios.
- Maintained QTP Test Resources files as (.vbs, .txt, .qfl, .tsr, .qrs) to increase reusability of the test resources.
- Migrated manual test cases into Quick Test Professional (QTP) for Regression testing using Web and Java add-in’s and advanced functions using VB Script.
- Developed Functional Libraries for cleanup, setting up test environments and application for Regression testing and Importing Production data for Validation using QTP.
- Developed Automation Scripts that runs around the test cases in a single run without any exceptions for regression testing.
- Automate defect fix for high priority and high severity based on the Team Lead's decision.
- Works with developer as a team to discuss about system specification and desired results and to fix reported defects for the iteration.
- Participated in Daily Stand Up meetings for QA updates, defect status, priority and Test Deliverables
- Attended the Product planning meeting to get idea which User Stories and defects are going to be developed and fixed in the current iteration and what product owner is expecting from that user stories.
- Used Quality Center as the defect-tracking tool to track, review and generate report on bugs.
- Generated Project status reports through Quality Center and Document Generator for team meetings and Management review.
- Worked with Standard checkpoints, Page checkpoints, Table checkpoints in QTP while doing the functional test on the web application.
- Mentored novice QA Testers on QC latest versions.
- Documented the test results and prepared Test Summary report based on those results.
- Involved in coordinating User Acceptance Test processes and documented and addressed all the issues during the process.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
- Extensively involved in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Reviewed documents such as Requirement Document, Design Document, Functional Requirement Specification and Technical Design Document.
- Analyzed the requirements for the new build and made recommendations.
- Performed various kinds of testing such as System testing, Integration testing, Functional testing, Smoke testing, Ad hoc testing, Backend testing and Regression testing.
- Wrote Test Plan for the new release and Developed Test Cases based on the requirements, business rules and the use cases and used the Quality Center to store those test cases.
- Actively participated with the testing team to develop a strong Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Software change Request (SCR), and Test Analysis Report (TAR).
- Create and execute Test Cases for some of the modules of the application under test (AUT) using Quality Center.
- Responsible for defect tracking and management metrics, defects are logged and change requests are submitted using Quality Center.
- Perform manual testing by implementing several test cases and document the results using Quality Center.
- Report issues into the bug reporting system and follow up with the development team until it gets resolved using Quality Center.
- Expert in writing SQL queries to retrieve data from different databases and Performed data verification and validation.
Environment: Quality Center, Visual Basic, Java, J2EE, ORACLE, UNIX, MS Windows