- Around 5 years of extensive experience in Automation and Manual software testing.
- Highly organized and Experienced with a creative flair for projects work in the IT Industry.
- Experienced in Automated and Manual both Functional Testing of Web applications on multiple platforms using different testing environments to secure a position of Software QA Tester / Quality Assurance Engineer with an aim to contribute to the future growth and success of the organization as well as my career.
Defect Tracking Tools: Rational ClearQuest, JIRA
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web driver, Selenium GRID
Programming Languages: Java, Python
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, SauceLab
Version Control: Git, SVN
Project Build / Framework: Maven, Page Object, Page Factory, Sikuli, POM, BDD
Development IDE: Eclipse, Intellij
Databases: MySQl, MS SQL Server
Test Management Tools: Jira, TestLink
Project and Bug Tracking Tool: Jira, Bugzilla, TestRail
Application Servers: Apache s Tomcat, Google Analytic, XAMPP
SDLC: Agile (Scrum), Waterfall
Testing Framework: Junit, TestNG, Cucumber
WebService: Postman/Rest - client, SoapUI
Logging and Cross Platform: Log4j, SauceLab
Web Debugger: Firebug, FirePath, Chrome Dev Tool, IE Tool, Fiddler
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows 7/8/10, Linux, Mac
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
QA Automation Engineer
- Implement quality software best practices to develop test strategy, test plan, test data, test case, user acceptance testing and test automation to actively participates in process improvements.
- Analyzed business requirements, functional specification, and the required documents for testing.
- Ensures technical requirements are traceable to business requirements
- Performed Functional, Negative, Smoke, System, Integration, Regression, UAT and Performance Testing.
- Implement Automated test suite to increase the automation coverage for regression test cycle.
- Working on Hybrid driven and data driven framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Java, Maven with POM and Used Excel and SQL Database to retrieve different sets of data for the application.
- Contributes to defining test data management and environment management, approach Supports in establishing and validating test environment.
- Implement BDD (Behavior Driven Development) Testing with Cucumber-JVM and Selenium WebDriver to ensure the code reusability and code maintainability and cut down the script development time in half.
- Implement robust MVC Pattern based framework with Selenium Page Object Model using Object Oriented Programing Java and open source unit test framework TestNG that increase the code maintainability.
- Created detailed periodic status reports for senior management to keep them posted on the progress of implementation.
- Tracking bugs using Jira and finding the root cause of a defect to fix the problem.
- Writing SQL Queries to effectively test Backend/Database Testing.
- Restful Web Service testing with Rest Assured and Other HTTP Client, Postman tools.
- Coordinating with Onsite-Offshore teams to keep an effective flow of the project
- Deploy new fixes using GIT and Jenkins after a build is kicked off
- Attending Sprint plan and Sprint Review meetings, Daily standup, Demo and Retrospective meeting.
Environment: Jira, Git, Rest Assured, postman, Jenkins, Selenium WebDriver, Java, RestFul Web Service, Mysql, AppiumConfidential, Pittsburgh, PA
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed and implement robust Behavioral Driven framework using Cucumber-JVM and Gherkin language, Selenium Page Object Model framework with Selenium WebDriver using Object Oriented Programing Java and open source unit test framework JUnit that helps project more Business readable.
- Worked in Agile methodology that includes QA planning & execution in Sprints, participation in the Scrum & Sprint review/retrospective
- Develop, and execute test plans and test cases based on requirements gathered from product owners and stakeholders.
- Developed a complete automated functional test framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium.
- Implemented an automated deployment process using Git that we use for deployments to our staging and QA environments.
- Integrated our automation executions with our CI process (Jenkins) so our scripts are executed each time a build is kicked off.
- Generate text report for automation script using Log4j and used TestNG reporter also for reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring the conceptual integrity of the system, ensuring that the product and product architecture meet or exceed the technical requirements defined.
- Contributed to the creation and execution of user interface and software application test plans.
- Track bugs and enhancement requests as they are entered into bug tracking systems.
- Participate in project development meetings to provide guidance on quality and quality testing issues from project creation to completion.
- Interacted with the project team members to ensure all documentation and quality procedures are completed as per our internal processes and procedures.
- Built a test management, results viewer and asset portal in Java using TestNG that allows users to design and manage their manual and automated tests and easily view results from executions and overall progress.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, JSP, SOAP, RestFul Web Service, HTML, JiraConfidential, Chicago, IL
QA Automation Engineer
- Translated software specifications and user requirements into test scenarios.
- Planned, designed, executed test plans and test cases for automated test and manual test to support maintenance releases for multiple web based applications.
- Prepared test plans, test strategy documents and test estimations for various releases.
- Developed a communication plan with client and project team in reporting testing progress, issues and defects.
- Wrote automation test plans and prepared the automation test matrix for each regression cycle.
- Tested different functionality on different test environments and maintained test environments.
- Performed Smoke, integration, regression, and acceptance testing in a different browser and different platform.
- Responsible for planning, creating and analyzing of Test Plan, Test Cases, and Test Scripts.
- Wrote automation script in selenium IDE and converted into Selenium WebDriver JUnit and Java.
- Analyzed Technical specification, Business Requirements, and Database Schema to develop test cases.
- Participated in requirement walkthroughs with users to better understand requirements.
- Solved day-to-day problems of the team arising due to functionality and validation issues.
- Partnered with the Software Development and Program Management teams to investigate and resolve product defects and reported in Jira.
- Managed software defect information, interacted with business users to fix severity and priority of issues.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries to retrieve and verify information in the database
- Created SQL scripts to test the stored procedures by sending different sets of input parameters.
- Ran SQL queries to perform database validation according to the business logic.
- Worked on Agile Methodology and attended all different agile meeting and provided feedback as a QA point of view.
Environment: Selenium IDE/Webdriver, MySQL, XML, Java Windows XP, Internet Explorer, Jira.