- Experience Software Tester / QA Analyst .
- Experience with web - based, object oriented, Windows, Client Server, and mobile applications.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and software testing life cycle (STLC)
- Extensive Manual Testing Experience on complex internal/external systems.
- Expertise in analyzing complex Requirements Specifications, Business Requirement Documents (BRD), user stories, change requests, data flow, work flow, and UX design documents.
- Strong ability to create and execute test plans, test data, test scenarios, test cases, Traceability Matrix, test metrics and test result documents.
- Experience collaborating with POs, Devs, Release engineers, DBAs, and other onsite offshore members .
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum and Waterfall software lifecycle.
- Proficient in developing and running automated testing.
- Experience performing functional testing, system testing, integration testing, mobile testing, UAT, Ad-hoc Testing, End-to-End Testing, Performance Testing, Stress Testing, Regression Testing, Sanity and backend testing.
- Experience reporting defects with clear steps to reproduce and tracking them till fixed or closed.
- Experience investigating and debugging issues and helping engineers with troubleshooting.
- Experience helping the team with defect triaging.
- Experience with Database/Back-end Testing and data validation, manipulation using SQL Queries.
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming language.
- Hands on experience in writing and executing automated Test Scripts and keeping them up to date.
- Experience using HP QuickTest Professional (QTP)/UFT, Selenium WebDriver, and JMeter
- Experience with HP Quality Center/ALM and JIRA for global test management and bug tracking.
- Experience with REST, HTTP Header, Payload, XML, JSON and API/Web Service Testing.
- Strong ability to work independently in a TDD, BDD and techno functional environment.
- Very good Analytical Skills and problem solving ability.
- Fast learner, self-motivated, team player, and collaborator.
Test Development Tools: HP Quality Center/ALM, HP QTP, Selenium WebDriver, JMeter, Eclipse, TestNG, Maven, JIRA, Confluence, REST, SQLdeveloper
Test Management & Defect tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center/ALM, Ms Office
Operating Systems: Win 10/8/7/XP, Windows Server, MAC, IOS, Android, Chrome
Database(DBMS): Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MS-Access
Browsers: IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome
Protocols: FTP, SFTP, HTTP
Software Development Technologies: C, Java, .Net, HTML, HTML5, X-Code, XML, Perl, Java Script, VBScript, Shell, ASP, JSP, ASS, AJAX, SQL, PL/SQL, Postman
Application Servers: Web logic, IIS, Web Sphere, Oracle Application Server
Confidential, New York, NY
QA Analyst/ Tester
- Writing test cases, executing tests, documenting bugs, and working with engineers to get issues fixed by release deadlines.
- Researched and analyzed application requirements, workflows and designs to define detailed test suites, test cases, test data and procedures.
- Creating test templates and test cases from approved requirement and tracing them to relevant use cases.
- Creating end-to-end test plan and strategy
- Managing and tracking the testing issues and resolve them in a timely manner
- Conducting end-to-end testing on business transactions, data flow, work flow and use cases.
- Creating, maintaining and presenting reports to measure and monitor testing progress
- Oversee the implementation, documentation of the various releases during the STLC.
- Assist in creating process and controls documentation
- Provide ad-hoc support and analysis, including preparation of PowerPoint presentations/decks for senior management
- Performing functional, GUI, frond-end, back-end, API, database, smoke, regression, User Acceptance, and exploratory testing.
- Developed SQL queries to perform database/backend testing against database.
- Using POSTMAN and methods like GET, PUT and POST to perform API/Web Service testing.
- Running automated smoke testing on the builds and automated regression testing on the release candidate using Eclipse over Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, and other open source tools.
- Validating test to check boundary conditions and error messages.
- Reporting and entering defects and issues in JIRA.
- Working with DBAs, DEVs, and Product team to get the issues fixed on time.
- Created progress reports to ensure appropriate test coverage and results.
- Created bug reports and test summary report and shared it with QA Manager and team
- Responsible for documenting work for quick references Guide utilizing MS WORD.
Confidential, New York, NY
Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst
- Reviewing and analyzing systems and applications design documents, use cases, old test cases, user stories, and communicating with team members to define test scope.
- Involve in Test Planning, Test Designing, Test Executing, Reporting and Tracking the defects using Test Management tools.
- Drafting test plans/strategy, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts, Test Cases, test data, test matrices, bug reports and test summary reports.
- Reviewing and editing test artifacts with onsite offshore agile team members and product team.
- Raising and monitoring requirements’ ambiguities and environment related issues.
- Tracking build, tags, code deployments, deliverables and analyzing logs in Testing Environments.
- Performing Smoke, Functional, System, GUI, Integration, Cross Browser, Regression, End to End, Exploratory Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Validating numerous accounting and end user’s transactions on the applications.
- Performing Black-box testing, Grey Box testing, and assisting developers with unit testing and creating test data.
- Performing manual test case execution and documenting test status.
- Identify, file detailed bug reports and track them throughout its life cycle in JIRA
- Developing and running automated smoke, sanity and regression testing.
- Using Selenium WebDriver, API, TestNG, and Maven to create, modify and run automated test scripts
- Using DevTools to locate different types of elements, network communications, identify failures and more.
- Used Page Object Model design pattern and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into variables in scripted code.
- Using GitHub as the version control tool for the source code and merging the source code conflicts.
- Executing complex system testing manually and working with engineers to automate regression scenarios.
- Performing back end testing by designing and executing complex SQL Queries that extract data from different data sources to validate the corresponding reports.
- Sharing test reports with the team and resolving defects by release deadlines.
- Performing Data Driven testing to ensure correct set of inputs and data works on the application.
- Updating test cases based on the Change Requests and making sure the fix is tested in future iterations.
- Performing web service testing using REST Client and XML; used GET Method and PUT Method
- Performing GUI, Functional and Regression Testing on supported Mobile platforms and browsers.
- Verifying web pages, new features, existing features and modified features and functionalities.
- Participating in all phases of SDLC and Bug life cycle.
- Attending daily stand-ups and proving quick activity updates.
- Preparing regular Status Reports to communicate quality assurance activities to manager and Team
- Attending Product Backlog, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Demos and QA meetings.
Confidential, New York, NY
Software QA Engineer
- Created and modified test plans and Test outlines.
- Collaborated with product management and engineering teams, in an agile environment, to develop a comprehensive set of tests for web-based applications
- Created manual test cases for new feature changes and automated test scripts for any repeated test scenarios according to the business standards using HP Quality Center, UFT and Excel.
- Performed extensive functional, integration, security, UI testing and Regression Testing.
- Executed manual test cases and automated test scripts to verify the functionality of the application.
- Collaborate with engineering to validate bugs and get them fixed
- Assisted QA and Release Leads in preparing implementation timelines
- Ran test suites, Identify software defects, verify fixes, and updated bugs in HP Quality Center
- Worked with business analysts to ensure business requirements are adequate
- Updated HP QC requirement traceability, test cases, test sets and defects according to QA standards
- Performed extensive Database Testing using SQL Queries in SQLdeveloper
- Used HP Quick Test Prof and developed Automated Test Scripts for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Used QTP for object repository creation and maintenance, used regular expression, Parameterization, synchronization, re-usable actions, data table, checkpoints and recovery scenario.
- Maintained Data Driven Test suites for subsequent Regression testing.
- Used QTP to conduct Data Driven Testing by pulling multiple sets of data from Excel File.
- Participated in all aspects of SDLC planning and of release deliverables.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Manual QA Tester
- Gathering and analyzing business requirements document and system requirement specification to write Test Scenarios, Test Data and Test Cases using HP QC/ALM
- Prepared Test Procedures and Test Cases for user acceptance, Black Box and UI testing.
- Executed Test cases Manually and logged Defects.
- Assign severity levels to different test cases and prioritizing them.
- Managed and tracked Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, and Defects using Quality Center
- Identify and classify test cases by isolating the repetitive actions.
- Perform manual testing considering the base line of developed test plan and test cases considering both positive and negative scenarios.
- Manually test the various navigation steps and basic functionality of the application.
- Wrote SQL statements to check the validity of database and to do the backend testing.
- Ensure Entry criteria and Exit criteria for all QA deliverables
- Actively Participate/ Involve in walkthroughs, Team meeting and status update meetings
- Prioritize the defects for fixes and Defect Summary Reports
- Attended daily stand up, Planning and QA meeting.