- Strong knowledge in implementing Waterfall, Agile (Sprint/Scrum) Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications and responsible for developing Test Objective, strategies, Scope, Test procedures and Test Matrices.
- Extensive knowledge of application development methodologies, quality assurance planning, and development techniques
- Well - versed in automated testing tools, information management, business application techniques, and product testing
- Involved in Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective meetings in Agile Methodology.
- Experience in testing Web applications using Selenium WebDriver .
- Worked with different components of Selenium like selenium IDE, selenium WebDriver, Selenium RC.
- Experienced in working with Cross Browser Testing which is a part of running multiple tests across different browsers, operating systems, and machines in parallel.
- Experienced with SQL to run the data integrity tests for and JDBC establish connectivity between the Java Programming language and a wide range of databases.
- Well versed in using project management tools such as JIRA, HP QC/ALM for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management functions.
- Extensive experience in developing Test Traceability Matrix and Gap Analysis. Well versed in analysing Results, Bug Tracking & Reporting, Detailed status reporting
- Experienced in performing Functional testing, System testing, Regression testing, Backend testing, Smoke testing using manual & automated testing tools.
- Implemented batch run of desired test cases using TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter and Data Provider.
- Skilled in Coordinating with Project Managers, Business Analysts and System Analysts to set up the pre-validation and validation environment to execute the scripts.
- Worked on Web Service automation testing using Ready API.
- Experience in testing APIs using SOAP and RESTful web services . Good understanding of SOAP and REST Protocols.
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read data from external sources and also to feed locators into the test script.
- Maintaining the Traceability Matrix, Test Data Matrix and Status report related to project.
- Highly proficient in working with users to gather requirements, analyze them and subsequently use the Microsoft Visio and design tools to model the requirements. Attention to detail with excellent technical and troubleshooting skills
- Experienced in using Maven build tool to manage framework dependency jar files and for build management.
- Experience in analyzing test results and submitting bugs using Bug Tracking tool HP Quality Center and JIRA.
S/W testing life cycle methodologies: Agile and Waterfall
Business Process: Business specification Documents, Creative specifications, I specification Documents, Content Requirement Documents
SQL Tools: SQL Server Management Studio
Testing/Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center, ALM, JIRA, and Selenium.
Other Tools: Microsoft Office Suite(Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, outlook)
Languages: C, HTML, XML
Databases: SQL Server (2012,2008), Oracle 11g, MySQL, DB2
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 10, Mobile, Tablet, IOS, Android.
- Responsible for gathering Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and Design Documents .
- Performed Functional, Negative, Positive, Integration, Regression, End to End and User Acceptance Testing .
- Extensively involved in writing and designing templates for the Test Plans and Test cases .
- Implemented Data Driven with Page Object Model automation framework with Selenium WebDriver.
- Worked with the Developers and the Test Lead to verify the Test Cases .
- Used FireBug, FirePath to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CssSelector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags.
- Designed and Analysed Test case design document basing on the Functional Requirement Specifications to implement through testing process.
- Analysed and Developed Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Expected Test Results and Test Procedure from functional requirement for different modules.
- Worked with developers to update the defects, resolve them and track their status using JIRA.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the tab menu using Selenium Actions Builder, Mouse Hover and Synchronization.
- Used Apache POI to read data from Excel sheet.
- Tested web services using Ready API. Performed API testing with SOAP web services using SOAP UI Tool.
- Used Parameters, Data Provider TestNG annotations.
- Implemented TestNG work.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Implemented Regression Test to detect bugs after enhancement and configuration settings of the code.
- Involved in grouping of Test automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers using TestNG where multiple tests were run in parallel.
- Involved in creating the Traceability matrix based on Functional requirement in each module.
- Creation of Test Data for Member data’s according to the scenarios.
- Involved in Task Creation, Task Estimation, Task Distribution, Task Prioritization and Communication among Onsite and Offshore Team Members.
- Regularly followed up with the development team to discuss the defects identified during Testing.
- Participated in writing Test Cases for various functional segments based on the Business Requirement Document (BRD) or Functional Requirement Document and User stories in Excel.
- Involved in Weekly project status meeting and daily QA status meetings.
- Participated in Test Case Execution such as Smoke, Functional, System Integration, Regression Testing and Defect Tracking.
- Executed test cases on different browsers (MSIE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari), Mobile devices such as different versions of IPhone and Android phones.
- Participated in Defect Triage Calls to prioritize defects and check the status with development team
- Worked additional hours, flexible in completing the tasks and meeting the deadlines within strict time line.
- Coordinated User Acceptance Testing and Business Validation.
- Participated in different meetings with functional leads, developers to make sure there are no gaps.
- Escalated issues using JIRA and ALM and have tracked the status of the defects by participating in the triage calls.
- Responsible for escalating show stopper issues which leads to blocking testing
- Participated in several software releases and performed testing under strict time constraints.
Graduate research assistant
- Involved in design and maintenance of SQL Server.
- Collaborated as team to plan, design and develop a donor tracking system to streamline the donation process for a non-profit social organization.
- Met with organization to understand information needs and gather user requirements.
- Achieved DATABASE Connectivity using SQL SERVER 2014.
- Tasks include complex queries, forms, and reports generation.