- 5+ years of diverse experience in Quality Assurance mainly as a Performance Engineer/ Tester & QA Analyst.
- Experience working in Different domains like Banking, Education Services, Insurance, Health care, Retail sectors and Power Systems with a unique combination of skill set in solving complex quality assurance challenges, and implementing solutions that work.
- Extensive knowledge in Performance Test Life Cycle, Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and well acquainted with Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Good experience in Application Testing and Quality Assurance of web based applications, Client Server, SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), DB and Mobile Applications.
- Expertise in Gathering performance test requirements from the client and designed Performance Tests for Benchmark, Baseline, Load, Stress, Endurance, Failover, Spike and Configuration Tests Etc.,
- Proficient in distinct phases of Performance testing like Smoke, Load, Stress, scalability, stability, volume, Spike, stress, database, failover, and longevity testing.
- Expertise in preparing Performance Test Strategy, Creating Test Plans, Creating Test Summary Reports, Creating Test Cases, Creating Test Scripts and Analysis for Performance Testing.
- Hands on Experience in HP Load Runner, HP Performance Centre and HP ALM as a Commercial Tool and JMeter as an Open Source Tool.
- Experienced in Creating a Load Runner Environment by configuring all components: VuGen, Controller, Analysis, Load Generator and JMeter.
- Extensive experience in determining the systems configuration for LoadRunner, involved in negotiating with HP and In Commercial talk for HP LoadRunner to the client.
- Extensively used most of the Load Runner protocols for testing Client server applications (Internal & External Faced).
- Extensive experience in Sanity testing, Feature testing, Functional testing, System testing, Compatibility testing, Retesting, Regression Testing, Performance testing, Load testing and stress testing in mobile and web based applications.
- Tested Web Services using testing standards like validating XML, JSON, Python, WSDL using UFT, SoapUI
- Design scenarios to achieve performance goals, conduct WLM, follow Best Practices
- Extensive knowledge in Business Process in different SAP modules: Sales & Distribution (SD), Materials Management (MM), Warehouse Management (WM) and Finance/Controlling (FI/CO), BW, CRM, Siebel and POS (Point of Sale).
- Good Experience on Selenium IDE and creating Scripts in selenium RC by using Java
- Experienced with SAP Upgrade testing from SAP 4.7 to ECC 6.0 for all the SAP Modules and Portal Applications functionality communications.
- Strong Experience in Testing Various Scenarios in SAP SD, SAP MM, SAP WM, SAP PP, SAP FI CO Modules Manually and also through automation process.
- Expertise with run time settings/recording options and general options in HP LoadRunner.
- Proficient at identifying, debugging and fixing Vugen script errors, Designing Scenarios, Developing Robust Scripts, Maintaining Performance Test Suits and Designing Reusable Test Frameworks and Suits.
- Used Various Monitoring tools like HP LoadRunner Monitoring, HP Performance Centre Monitoring, CA Wily Introscope, HP Site Scope, Dynatrace, App Dynamics, HP Diagnostics, JVisual VM & JConsole. etc.
- Monitored the Applications in End User Experience perspective, Overall Application Performance perspective, Business Transaction Performance perspective and Application Infrastructure Performance Perspective.
- Monitored Hardware, Memory, Memory Pools, Apache, JVM, Web Servers, App Servers, DB Servers and Network etc., using Monitoring tools.
- Experience in collecting the Windows and Linux counters of Webservers and Application Servers like Memory, CPU, Network and Heap Usage and also experience in Tracking and Reporting of defects using Defect Tracking Tools such as HP/Mercury Quality Centre and JIRA.
- Analyse LoadRunner test results and report any discrepancies against SLA's.
- Experienced in detecting bottlenecks such as very high CPU usage, memory leaks and communicated with the developers to optimizing the code.
- Experience in writing complex SQL Queries, extract data from Oracle, MS - SQL Server and IBMDB2 Data base.
- Expert knowledge of Identifying and Analysing the Bottlenecks in Performance testing, Web Performance Throughput, Server Response Time and Network Latency.
- Analysed post performance test results and identified the bottlenecks in the wide array of applications, interfaces, and adaptors in n-tier architecture.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of the applications using Various Monitoring tools, Bottleneck finding, Performance Tuning, Deployment and Retesting.
- Performed tests and analysis such as load test, spike test, stress test, endurance test, performance bottleneck test, benchmark test, baseline test etc. using HP Load Runner on web server, application server and database server at various levels and loads.
- Practiced tester of web application running Load Balancers with several types of logic for distributing incoming HTTP requests.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and meet deadlines effectively through a combination of business and technical skills.
- Expert in doing performance testing in agile and Waterfall Methodology. Raised and Tracked Defects using JIRA, QC tools. Also, attended Scrum stand up meetings and taken part in various Sprints for projects.
- Strong analytical skills, logical, presentation skills with effective communication skills.
Testing Tools: HP Load Runner 11.50, 12.02,12.5,12.53. HP Performance Centre 11.0,11.5, 12, ALM, HP Quality Centre, JMeter 2.9, 2.10, 3.0 SOAP UI and QTP
Languages: Microsoft C#, C, C++, visual basic
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, jQuery, word press
Packages: MS-Office, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Dreamweaver, flash, Illustrator, In Design
RDBMS: MS SQL, Microsoft Access, SQL Server, Oracle Database
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 98, 2003 Server, Windows NT/2000/XP. Windows 7.
Monitoring Tools: Performance Centre, CA Wily Introscope, HP SiteScope, Dynatrace, HP Diagnostics. App Dynamics, New Relic
Confidential, Horsham, PA
Performance Test Lead
- Working as Performance Test Lead and executed various performance test conditions using JMeter and LoadRunner.
- Developed Web Service Vuser scripts for a Web Service Call using Soap UI. Extensively used XML Spy to test SOAP and web services based applications.
- Worked extensively with XML data and SOAP protocols in Non-UI Web services (SOA) Testing.
- Involved in the creation of detailed Test plan, Test Scenarios and Test cases according to the business requirements, and updated Requirement Traceability Matrix document to ensure complete coverage.
- Created performance testing environment and installed all the necessary components of JMeter and LoadRunner on all the remote machines.
- Using the LoadRunner tool performed the Load Testing simulating the number of users to a minimum level and a maximum level.
- Conducted Duration test, Stress test, Baseline test using LoadRunner.
- Executed Smoke and Sanity testing on the initial received build to check the stability of the application build in Performance Testing Environment.
- Performed Performance Regression testing on the received build after defect fixes.
- Designed the VU-Gen scripts using Load Runner VU-generator and executed the VU-Scripts in Load Runner Controller in distributed load Generators.
- Used Rendezvous point, Start and End Transaction, Parameterization, Correlation features in Virtual User Generator of Load Runner.
- Enhanced script by inserting Check points to check if Virtual users are accessing the correct page which they are supposed to be accessing.
- Read and understand the Log files to verify the processes for debugging and/or test data verification purposes.
- Identified performance issues, including: deadlock conditions, database connectivity problems and system crashes under load.
- Generated the Application Performance reports and reported to the analysis group of Performance testing for fine tuning the application Performance.
- Identified and reported Performance test defects to the development team by applying Priority and Severity concepts using HP ALM.
Environment: Load runner 12.53, JMeter 3.0, HP ALM, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, JVM, MS SQL Server, DB2, Advanced Query Tool
Confidential, Cranston, RI
Performance Test Lead
- Testing Lead in coordinating and leading automation and load test efforts and derived load model by comparing and analysing test and production environment.
- Involved in analysing the requirements from Business Analyst and determined they are captured correctly and Interpreting Performance test requirements.
- Developed Test plans to ensure accomplishment of load-testing objectives.
- Tested application performance across workflows determined, if the application can perform satisfactorily in a production environment.
- Responsible for Script Creation (VUGEN), Execution (Controller) and Analysis / Reporting.
- Performed Baseline, Load and Stress Testing Using LoadRunner 12.50/12.53 and Presented Performance statistics to the Team.
- Extensively worked on the VuGen scripting in WebHttp/Html, Mobile-Web protocol and Web services (SOAP) Protocol in LoadRunner.
- Uploaded Scripts, Created Time slots, Created Scenarios, maintained scripts and Run the Load Tests in performance Centre/ALM. Analysed Test Results Response time, Transaction per Seconds and Throughput per graphs.
- Developed and Implemented load and stress tests with LoadRunner, and present performance statistics for the Application Teams.
- Used Selenium IDE for Open source web testing.
- Extensively worked on Performance monitoring and analysed the response time Memory leaks, hits/Sec and throughput graphs.
- Analysed various graphs generated by LoadRunner Analysis and Communicated bottlenecks to Concerned Teams.
- Expertise of testing the application developed using various mobile technologies including J2ME, Blackberry, Android, Symbian, .Net Technology etc.
- Used Dynatrace, AppDynamics and JVisual VM tools for profiling the application to find out where the performance issue resides.
- Analysed customer mobile apps and test cases based on business criticality, value of automation, automation readiness, and ease of automation, to prioritize test cases, ultimately generating a mobile test automation roadmap and level of effort to complete generated roadmap.
- Did deep diagnostics using Dynatrace Tool, Monitored DB and Application Servers to trouble.
- Implemented WLM sizing application or project demand for required resources to meet business needs.
- Monitored hardware capacity ensures the necessary resources are available for testing.
- Worked closely with software engineering team members to tune and optimize product stability and performance.
- Assisted in application tuning and infrastructure capacity requirements to support high-volume peak periods of traffic.
- Identified which queries were taking too long and optimizing those with Database Tuning performance and Worked with Database administrator to index database to improve performance of the Applications.
- Performed Baseline test, stress test and high volume of users using JMeter 2.8/2.10 and monitored the performance of the load test on the system and measured database response time, Http request, Login and proxy server.
- Installed and configured application through profiling tools such as Visual VM, JConsole and Monitored Linux resources during the load test.
- Finding Bottlenecks and solving the issues on Linux servers using different monitors.
- Monitored resource utilizations such as; CPU usage % of Memory occupied in VM Stat I/O StatJVM, Thread, System Processing time and latency in Linux Responsible for collecting the frequency JVMHeap and Garbage collection cleaned up in WebSphere during Test Execution Ran Benchmark such as; CPU, Disk, I/O memory and Graphics tests. Analysed Measuring Response time, TPS/ Throughput under load through a LAN connection for mobile Application. Tracking Network traffic and Server capacity.
- Communicated with team members to discuss test reports.
- Participated in Defects to discuss the bottlenecks and Attended in a walk-through meeting, weekly status meeting and send weekly report status to the manager.
Environment: Load runner 12.53/12.50, JMeter 2.8/2.10 Performance Centre 11.5, HP ALM, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, JVM, Web logic 11g, Windows XP, VuGen, Web methods Integration Servers, Windows 2008, Windows Vista
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Sr. Performance Engineer
- Worked as Performance Test Engineer and executed various performance test conditions using LoadRunner 11.50.
- On-shore, Off-shore Team co-ordination and submitting the Deliverables based on timelines.
- Reviewed the Architecture and Performance requirements with the Business Users.
- Designed the test plans that include scope, test strategies, test scenarios and types of tests to be executed.
- Created the scripts using Virtual User Generator.
- Used IP Spoofing to emulate the real-world load where load balancer is used to distribute the load among different servers.
- Enhanced the scripts by parameterizing large and complex test data to accurate depict production trends, correlating dynamic data etc.
- Effectively involved in running the Performance Tests from the Standalone Controller Machine.
- Extensively Used JMeter 2.9 for Web Services testing and another Unit testing’s.
- Extensively Involved in distributing the Load across the Load Generators while running the Tests on the Controllers using Frequency of Business Transactions, Number of Users, Number of MDRV process to Launch, Number of Scripts, Hardware Configurations each LG in to Consideration.
- Performed Dynamically Updating the Scripts, Data Files while Running the Tests.
- Executed Web Services using Web & Java Protocols, also wrote Custom Code to capture the Request and Response Associated that helps in tracking the Issues when a service fails.
- Responsible for analysing applications and components behaviour with heavier loads and optimizing server configurations.
- Provide support to the development team in identifying real world use cases and appropriate workflows.
- Measured performance units like response times, throughput etc. for web systems optimization. Built servers based on the system performance cycle and metrics.
- Monitored the Server’s CPU Utilization and used Heap memory status by using Monitoring tools like HP Sitescope, HP Diagnostics and Performed in-depth analysis to isolate points of failure in the application.
- Developed Proof of Concepts for potential and existing clients, demonstrating how mobile app and mobile web automation could be utilized to enhance functional and performance testing.
- Created mobile automation scripts for clients from specified manual test case scenarios utilizing multiple iOS and Android mobile devices and tablets, reducing time spent manual testing.
- Wrote unit tests in Java to test my Framework developed to test Web Services.
- Tested performance of Tomcat, Web sphere, web logic, F5 etc.
- Gathered Oracle AWR Reports from DBAs and provided to the developer for analysis.
- Monitored system resources such as CPU Usage, % of Memory Occupied, VMStat and I/O Stat using UNIX commands like top, vmstat, svmon and netstat.
- Analysed JVM Heap and GC logs during test execution.
- Analysed the results by using Load Runner Analysis and prepared the result report by customizing the graphs.
- Involved in defect tracking, reporting and coordination with various groups from initial finding of defects to final resolution using Quality Centre (QC).
- Prepared a detail test schedule and Test Metrics on a weekly basis for the project members to know the status of the Testing.
- Updating the Stake holders about the performance results by generating reports using analysis.
Environment: Load Runner 11.50, JMeter2.9, Performance Centre 11.0, Quality Centre 10.0, HP Sitscope, HP Diagnostics, IBM SOA, .Net, Web Services, MQ, XML, HTML, MS SQL Server, MS IIS Server.
- Requirement Gathering, Estimation Assessments and created Test Plans and Test Scenarios design for all the releases.
- Discussing with the business analyst to find key business scenarios for performance testing.
- Worked as Performance Test Engineer and executed various performance test conditions using LoadRunner.
- Reviewed the Architecture and Requirements of the system.
- Reviewed the Performance requirements with the Business Users.
- Played a major role in helping the business understand the load, stress criteria and helped them identify the critical scenarios on an application from an end user view.
- Extensively used Load Runner web HTTP/HTTPS and Web services protocol for testing Client server applications.
- Developed the Performance Test Plan & Scope documents and Performance Test Cases.
- Created the scripts using Virtual User Generator to simulate the function of the services being tested.
- Enhanced the scripts by parameterizing data, correlating dynamic data etc.
- Executed Web Services using Web Protocols, also wrote Custom Code to Capture the Request and Response Associated which helps in tracking the Issues when a service fails.
- Performed Load and Stress tests with LoadRunner and presented performance statistics to application teams and provided recommendations of how and where performance can be improved.
- Monitored the Server’s CPU Utilization and the used Heap memory status by using
- Used Monitoring tools like Sitescope, NMON & Wily Introscope.
- Involved in configuring Site Scope Monitors (Web logic domains, clusters & DB Connection pools) to LR controller scenario.
- Analysed test results using HP LoadRunner Analysis tool on-line graphs and reports and looked-for performance delays, network or client delays, CPU performance, I/O delays, data base locking, or other issues at the data base server.
- Analysed the results by using LoadRunner Analysis and prepared the result report by customizing the graphs.
- Identified and analysed memory leaks at each component level.
- Coordinated with offshore performance testers and assigned them day to day tasks.
- Handled multiple projects and lead to successful completion on time by successful coordination.
- Reported and tracked defects using Quality Centre.
- Moderated Daily Defect Review meetings with Development Team to review the defects raised by QA team and status of the existing / open defects.
- Involved in the Implementation review meetings.
- Comparing the results to baseline and providing the results comparison chart to the development team.
- Following up with development team for defect fixes and avail them a re-execution.
- Reviewed and published the Final Consolidated Performance Test Report.
Environment: Load Runner 11.0/11.50, JMeter2.9, Performance Centre 11.0, Quality Centre 10.0, HP Sitscope, HP Diagnostics, IBM SOA, .Net, Web Services, MQ, XML, HTML, MS SQL Server, MS IIS Server.