- Good knowledge of JAVA object oriented programming language concepts like Abstraction, Polymorphism, Inheritance and Encapsulation.
- Designed and implemented different automation framework from scratch like POM (Page Object Model) framework and Data Driven framework using the help of TestNG Data Provider.
- Extensive experience with writing test scenarios on cucumber feature file
- Proficient in writing Java glue code step definitions for test scenario using regex
- In depth understanding on how and where to use gherkins annotations.
- Maintained and enhanced the Automation code and resources in source controls like, GitHub over the time of improvement and new features and sharing code within the office as well as with the team overseas.
- Experienced in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Implemented Cloud Based Selenium Grid on Sauce labs and local Selenium Grid for various applications with various combinations of OS and Browsers.
- Experienced in using Maven as a build management tool
- Experienced in customizing Selenium API to suit testing environment.
- Expertise in web and mobile automation using Selenium WebDriver and Appium.
- Experience in writing CSS Selectors and custom Xpath to identify web elements.
- Experienced in performing Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the application using Selenium.
- Proficient in writing basic SQL queries
- Used Rest Assured Library to automate API test cases.
- Highly experienced with JIRA for Project Management and Defect Tracking.
- Have in - depth knowledge of various SDLC methodologies including Waterfall, Agile and SCRUM.
- Solid understanding in QA Methodologies, Test strategy, Test metrics, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experienced in writing Test Scenarios, Test Cases- Functional and Integration.
- Strong Knowledge in Back-end, GUI, Functional, Regression, System, Negative, Positive, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Proficient in Manual Testing and Automated Testing on client/server and web-based applications.
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL.
Operating System: macOS (OS X), Windows and UNIX/Linux.
Test Automation Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Appium.
Web Service Testing: Postman, RestAssured.
Version Control Repository: Subversion, GIT.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Cruise Control.
Test/Project Management tools: JIRA, Quality Center, HP ALM.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
QA Automation Engineer
- Following the SDLC process, use requirements documents to create testing strategy including providing test estimates, documenting test plans and objectives, assessing and identifying testing risks, and developing test scenarios and test scripts.
- Develop, document and maintain test artifacts like test data, data validation and automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, primary language used for automation was JAVA.
- Assisted on developing and maintaining robust and effective Page Object Model Framework
- Used Firebug and Firepath to identify and locate elements as needed, along with creating custom xpath using xml functions.
- Implemented Maven for build management and implemented CI tool - Jenkins.
- Written proficient Java glue code step definitions for test scenario using regex
- Applied Allure to view detailed test execution reports.
- Implemented Selenium Grid for parallel testing on multi browser and OS combination
- Executed full test on every regression build and provided detailed report to the upper management. Modified test scripts to handle all checked and unchecked exceptions
- Used Maven build management tool and JIRA to create test Scripts from User Stories
- Attend project meetings and communicate with project team including project manager, development, business partners about testing deliverables and any issues that may hinder meeting testing deadlines. Also provide regular test status reports and defect reports.
- Maintain the regression suite and oversee regression testing each release cycle, with automated testing delegated to offshore resources.
- Conducted traceability matrix between Requirements, design, use cases and test cases.
- Participated in the Test Scripts Peer Review to ensure test cases appropriately translate and map to requirements.
- Analyzed the Business requirement documents, Functional specification documents to prepare Test cases and effort estimation.
- Involved in System Analysis, Requirement reviews, creating detailed specifications with Use Cases and User Scenarios.
- Prepared Test estimation and Test metrics documents using MS Excel.
- Analyzed BRD and FRD guides to create test plans and cases for the Global Banking Suite and GUI testing of other portals.
- Written and executed test scripts using Eclipse IDE.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Maven, Cucumber, TestNG, Jira, HP ALM, HTML, XML, SQL, Windows, SharePoint, Outlook, MS Office, MS Excel, Linux, Fire Path, Eclipse.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Automation Test Engineer
- Automated the regression test cases using the Selenium & TestNG.
- Automated Android application using open source Appium.
- Created scenarios to test API's for various functionalities and modules of the application using REST Assured Library.
- Wrote JUnit Test Cases for REST web service Java API.
- Executed Automated tests in appropriate test regions in support of unit, integration, functional, and regression testing used Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed automation Framework using Java, WebDriver, TestNG and Maven.
- Worked on Agile Methodology (Stand-up Meetings, Scrum Meetings, Update report).
- Behavior Driven Development (BDD) framework used Cucumber performing automated acceptance tests.
- Wrote Core Java & developed Custom methods to complete testing.
- Reviewed the business requirements documents with the Business Analysts and understood the Business Requirements.
- Involved in the execution of the overall Test strategy, ensured Test plans aligning with Test strategy.
- Involved in designing Test scripts based on the System requirements.
- Analyzed application to find parts to be automated and the parts to be manually tested.
- Worked with the development team to create a suite of test data including both input files and expected results that fully exercise data validation.
- Performed GUI, Functional, Regression, System, Back-end, Negative, Positive, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Used HP ALM for Test Planning, Test Case writing, Test Execution and Requirement Mapping with Test Cases.
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management in JIRA. Generated automated daily reports using JIRA API.
- Performed testing on developer’s SQL code and wrote SQL verification scripts to test the result of deployment for correct business logic.
- Performed Back end testing writing SQL Quires.
- Implemented onsite-offshore Global Delivery Model for this project.
- Provided status reports to appropriate groups concerning test issues and progress.
- Conducted test execution and result analysis.
- Updated documentation and sent reports to the team.
- Develop and execute Test strategies to help drive excellence across all services and the overall platform for project completions.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, REST Assured, Appium, Git, HP ALM, JIRA, macOS, Oracle, SQL Server, Mobile (IOS, Android) Microsoft Office
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
- Prepared Test Plan and conducted review of test plan with QA and Development team.
- Gathered the Test data for Test cases and Test Scenarios.
- Configured test environment for specific Test cases, created Test data.
- Performed Re-testing and closing bugs when they have been resolved.
- Developed and executed comprehensive system Test plans and scripts.
- Used Quality Center to create Test Plans and Test Cases and register the results.
- Executed the Test cases and tracked defects using Quality Center.
- Performed Manual Testing of web-based and client-server enterprise applications and used Quality Center for test management.
- Scheduled the batch execution of the tests, logged and tracked defects using QC.
- Developed SQL queries and Performed backend testing to validate data integrity.
- Performed cross browser functional testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed white box testing like JUnit, TestNG and Web service testing.
- Setup the automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG.
- Defined test automation strategy and test scenarios, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and JAVA.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Process using Selenium Grid.
- Creation of automation test scripts in Java, TestNG, and WebDriver for various features using Data Driven Framework.
- Worked on Selenium for creating and executing test cases for functionality testing.
- Coordinated the testing and development between onsite and offshore resources.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Junit, XML, HP Quality Center (QC), Java, HTML, SQL, Windows, Outlook, MS Office.