- Over 8 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance including Manual and Automation testing of Client - Server and Web-based applications.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience in Software Development methodologies like Agile, Waterfall etc.
- Experience with Automation Testing Tools using Selenium, Quick Test Professional (QTP), Ranorex,Win Runner and LoadRunner.
- Experience working with REST API Automation frameworks based on Java, TestNG andCucumber.
- Proficient in various types of testing such as Accessibility, Black-Box, End to End, Functional, Integration, Smoke,Locale, Regression and User Acceptance testing.
- Experience working with Git, SVN and CVS for repository management.
- Good knowledge on Maven and Jenkins for Continuous build and Integration
- Expertise in domain technologies like E-Commerce, Banking, Financial, Insurance, and Health-Care
- Strong Experience in designing automation frameworks with Selenium web driver testing.
- Executed test plans and create test reports to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
- Expertise with HP UFT 12.1,12.2,12.54/QTP 10.0&11.0, HP ALM / Quality Center (QC), HP Sprinter as well.
- Have Strong understanding of ETL and Oracle EBS for automated functional and regression testing of web based applications
- Proficient in configuring, customizing and using testing tools like Cucumber, HP Quick Test Professional Quality Center Neustar tool, Jira, Selenium (Web Driver), AppDynamics, Newrelic, AWS, Fastly, GitHub, and Jenkins, git, github.
- Designed and implemented different automation frameworks from scratch like Page Objects framework, Keyword Driven framework, Data Driven framework for a number of projects.
- Proven ability in developing BDD scripts with Cucumber and writing step definitions. Used WATIR, Ruby, PageObject framework.
- Hands-on experience in testing AngularJs applications using Protractor.
- Expertise in writing basic to complex SQL queries to perform back end testing, batch job processing in SQL Server and Oracle database environment.
- Strong Experience in Smoke, Exploratory, Functional, Regression, Performance and User Acceptance testing for the highly structural and complex systems.
- Expertise in Test Case/Test Procedure Design, developingRequirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Test Tool Usage, Test Case Execution, Defect Management and Defect Tracking, creating Test Scripts, reviewing Log files & Reports for delivering utmost Quality product.
- Expertise intesting Web Services based by automating service layer tests using Ruby/Cucumber and Mechanize.
- Experience in using Jira, Bugzilla for defect tracking and MySQL, MSSQL for database validation.
- Responsible for testing software quality, using automation, manual and regression testing methods using the latest software testing tools, such as LoadRunner, Soap UI/REST and JMeter.
- Conducting Backend, GUI, Functional, Sanity, System, Integration, end-to-end, System, Web testing, User Acceptance Testing, Bug tracking and Reporting.
- Strong in API Testing using tools like Soap UI Pro, Advance REST client.
- Developed Test metrics standards, monitor, measure and validate Report on status of quality, releases, support, operations, and system performance to management.
- Working with agile lifecycle and tracking, and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA.
- Experience in Automation testing, Different types of testing experience in JAVA and TestNG/Junit.
- Hands-on experience developing new automation frameworks using Protractor, QTP, Selenium, JMeter.
- Experience testing software at API level using SOA suite, Postman, REST Client, etc.
- Hands on experience with Eclipse and other IDE development tools.
- Experience in Developing Automation Tests and Use-Acceptance Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Load Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, White Box Testing, Black Box Testing,
- Working Knowledge & understanding of programming languages like C, C++, C# and Java.
- Hands-on experience working with databases MySQL, Oracle and UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Good Inter-personal skills, commitment, result oriented, hard working with a quest and zeal to learn new technologies and undertake challenging tasks.
- Served as the key point of contact/Liaison between onand offshore resources.
- Ability to collaborate in team environment and proven leadership qualities with emphasis on individual and team effort backed by excellent communication skills.
Operating System: Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.0,12.0, Windows XP, Windows Vista, UNIX, MS DOS
Testing Tool: HP Quick Test Professional (QTP)/ Unified Functional Testing (UFT)11.50,12.0,12.02,12.51, HP Quality Center (QC)/ HP ALM 12.0,12.01,12.50, JIRA, Bugzilla, IBM Clear Quest, Oracle EBS, SoapUI 5.0.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2008 & 2014, Oracle 10g/11g, Access, SQL plus, SQL/PL Developer.
Language: Visual Basic, VB Script, PL/SQL, C++, C#, Java, J2EE, HTML
Networking: XML, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP/FTPS, TCP/IP.
Microsoft Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, MS Works and Outlook, Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015, TFS, MTM.
Application Server: Internet Information Services (IIS)
Confidential, Houston, TX
Sr. Automation / Quality Assurance Engineer
- Analyze the business requirements, functional requirements, System Requirement documents and Technical design Documents (TDD).
- Work with Product Owners/ Stakeholders to understand & finalize functional requirements to deliver stable automation suites
- Enhance test automation scripts & test automation framework to fit needs and provide multiple approaches to automate & suggest the best one
- Develop integration, system, user acceptance test schedules per the agile methodology.
- Facilitating bi-weekly Scrum of Scrum meetings and end of Sprint Retrospectives for the Agile Teams
- Facilitating Leading in Sprint planning and make effort estimation and discussing requirements with the BA and Product owners.
- Help establish test planning, test strategy and build manual & automated test suites
- Automated AngularJs application module using Protractor by writing java scripts and Used Jasmine as unit testing framework.
- Prepared Daily & Weekly Status to Project Manager and Stake holders by extracting customized reports on defects and execution status from ALM, JIRA, and TFS.
- Used GIT, TFS for version control and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Designed & Developed Page Object Model & Page Factory Framework in Selenium Web Driver, JUnit and TestNG framework.
- Involved in designing the framework to integrate HP ALM to cucumber using the newly released version of HP ALM rest API
- Involved in creating automation test scripts using selenium, cucumber built on Eclipse IDE
- Proficient in Functional Testing tool Quick Test Professional (QTP/UFT) and the various frameworks in QTP/UFT.
- Responsible for development of new tools using QTP and VB scripts useful for business needs.
- Extensively used VB Scripts to write scripts for testing certain functionalities in the unit.
- Write SQL and PL/SQL scripts to validate the database systems and for backend database testing.
- Analyzed Business Requirements / Features preparing & automating the Test conditions in JI.
- Monitored tests, fix, enhance tests using Continuous Integration tools viz. Bamboo, JIRA, Maven, SVN
- Contributed to automation in Selenium Web Driver, Java, JUnit, and Python.
- Performed multiple SOA architecture web services validation using SOAP UI Pro.
- Performed Web Service API testing for UI content verification and validation with business logic XML using SOAP UI.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java, python and c# using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Added performance measurements for Oracle, Web Logic, and IIS in LoadRunner TestCenter.
- Analyzed results using LoadRunner Analysis tool and analyzed Oracle DB connections, sessions, Web Logic log files.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Quality Automation Engineer
- As an Automation Engineer, I am involved in the team in implementing the framework, developing automation scripts for the new User stories and Maintain and run the Regression Scripts
- Involved in configuring the testing environment with Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Eclipse
- Developed and implemented Page Object Module as the framework for Test Automation
- Integrated TestNG framework to run the test suit and as a reporting tool
- Participated and assisted in design of Proof of Concept with QA Lead.
- Identified test cases to automate and automated them using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Wrote test cases scripts using Selenium WebDriver for functional testing and regression testing.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit and JDBC Connections.
- Used Selenium Grid, Desired Capabilities, and Remote Web Driver for distributing the execution in different machines, platforms and browsers.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Ant tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using JUnit prior to agile release.
- Used Eclipse IDE for Automation scripts development.
- Applied Load Testing using JMeter and Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used protractor for generating Automted scripts for testing AngularJs Applications.
- Develop automated tests using Selenium, Coded UI, C#.
- Used SoapUI with extensive support for testing WSDL / SOAP based services.
- Performed end-to- end testing to evaluate system testing of the application.
- Coordinate with end-users to schedule and support User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Configured Selenium Grid for parallel execution of scripts on different machines in different browsers.
- Worked closely with UI Angular Developers while automating the tests using Protractor and Jasmine.
- Participated in technical, status review, and release and production meetings.
- Performed Integration by adding JMeter scripts to Selenium
- Worked in Agile process for delivering the outputs on time.
- Occasionally performed manual testing during critical releases of the project.
- Prepared Test Summary reports after every round of testing.
- Tracked requirements documentation in Confluence and Project status in JIRA
- Worked with the Web programming language HTML5, CSS3, XML and selected web element by using Firebug and FirePath.
- Worked on automation using Protractor for AngularJs web development.
- Contributed in developing Automation Framework that uses Java, Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Created sample content and webpages in SDL Tridion to demonstrate SDL Tridion capabilities to the business.
- Involved in the SDLC phase of requirement analysis, design, and development of the web based intranet application tool using Web API and C#.
- Located web elements using the locators like Id, Class, name and Xpath as SDL Tridion code is Frame based
- Designed scripts for bulk report generation for regression testing in C#
- Support CI/CD framework (Jenkins-JMeter)
- Coded test framework in Ruby that utilized Calabash/Watir/ Cucumber/Gherkin
- Maintained user documentation with TestNG output screenshots for User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Utilized role in mobile testing using Appium Mobile for testing client’s mobile apps on the Android/iOS platforms.
- Performed Data driven test in Cucumber, Parameterized BDD scenarios in Cucumber.
- Successfully completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each project release with the help of end user requirements.
- Used JIRA for defect tracking system, GIT for version control and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (JUnit, Maven).
Environment: Agile Methodology, C#, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber, GHERKIN, BDD, MS Office, MS-SQL Server, Selenium WebDriver, selenium Grid, Ruby,AngularJS,Proctractor, SDL Tridion, Firebug, FirePath, Appium, Test Plan, JMeter, Bugzilla, TestNG, SoapUI
Confidential, Middleton, WI
- Coordinating all aspects of projects such as initiation, planning including budgeting, scheduling, task assignment and tracking, change
- Facilitate team meetings to coordinate activities for project schedules, presented deliverables to the management about the project deliverables and its progress.
- Identified the gap requirements to improve the process, performed gap analysis between current performance and desired performance (i.e. critical application requirements).
- Played a key role in setting up test environment and test data.
- Responsible creating Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Cards based on use cases in business requirements to cover both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Use of visios to create automated test scripts in Ranorex.
- Created scripts for Automation as well Manual Purposes using Ranorex with C# and NUnit.
- Developed the automation scripts for functional and regression testing through Protractor.
- Implemented jasmine test framework with Protractor for testing AngularJs applications.
- Analyzed, designed and implemented automation framework in Ranorex.
- Used Ranorex for automated tests by making page objects and running them through a testing framework.
- Prepared Vendor specific documentations to help facilitate the vendor UAT test plan and involved in vendor testing.
- Involved in manual testing of various test cases with respective test scripts on Selenium and generate analysis report with Quality Center.
- Prepared detail test plan for implementing IBM MDM for enterprise wide record of truth for Account information.
- Coordinating testing efforts between all the technical teams involved, setting up most comprehensive test data set under different testing environments.
- Performing testing in different testing environments like INTX/ UATX/ MODL/PROD.
- Responsible Performance Test Strategy Design and Performance Test Plan Preparation and Presentations.
- Experienced in using the Oracle SQL.
- Loader features for loading the data from Flat Files to Data Base tables for Bulk Loading.
- Experience in debugging the issues by analyzing the SQL queries.
- Expertise in data warehouse QA process and different levels of testing like Functional, Regression, and Integration testing with business scenarios.
- Experience in maintaining Full and Incremental loads through ETL tools on different environments.
- Work with development teams to instill testability into development practices.
- Performed the backend testing by preparing SQL scripts. The data on the front-end application was checked against the back-end database using SQL queries.
- Used HP QC for defect management and reporting, also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Co-ordinate with CMS for upcoming FFM changes and clarification to make sure we are compliance with the CMS changes
- Responsible for creating Soap-UI project to test all web services exposed by all modules.
Environment: HP Metavance (Health Care Application), Java, J2EE, DB2, XML,AngularJs, Soap UI, SQL Server, Clarity, QTP, HP Quality Center,, SQL, ETL(Informatica), SOA, SAS BI Reports, LISA, Autosys, WinXP, Oracle, SharePoint, Agile methodology and Toad
- Reviewed requirement specification doc, Functional design docs to verify completeness and correctness and translated business requirement to the test requirement and Test Plan.
- Participated in daily standup and weekly status meetings to discuss the task completed, deliverables, dependencies and goals of the projects in a highly agile environment.
- Created, executed and maintained over 150 test cases for Functional and End to End Test cases in Quality Center 11.0
- Developed 22 Selenium WebDriver automation scripts
- Created Key Word Driven framework using Selenium WebDriver to test Promax Application. Created methods and test data that could be called from Excel sheets by Driver script developed in Java.
- Implemented Page Objects, Data Driven frameworks using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, JUnit.
- Created over 400 sets of data to test the log file generated my Promax application containing details about customer number, Promotion IDs, Promotion start date and End date etc. Data was extracted to the Excel from a flat file.
- Used JIRA to raise, track and fix defects in a faster way in highly agile.
- Maintained test cases and test scripts and defect tracking using Quality Center 11.0 and reports were produced and documented in Excel format.
- Conducted Regression testing together with Subject Matter Expert using the regression suite built and help the Business run the test and fix bugs simultaneously.
- Extensively worked in Debugging/Fixing, troubleshooting, reviewing automated scripts, resolving automation related server/environment/network settings.
- Testing the application for End User Testing on its compatibility on various web browsers like Firefox 3.6, Chrome 11, Safari 5 and Internet Explorer 7.x, 8.x
- Worked with Off-shore testers and trained 5 business users on custom Automation Frame Work Test Execution and Maintenance.
- Involved in UAT of the automated scripts builds by providing users with test data, test cases and scenarios, and guiding them during the testing process.
Environment: XML, HTML, SQL, HP Quality Center, PromaxPX, SQL Server, Window 2003, C#.Net, Oracle 10g
- Gathered business requirements, system functional specifications and analyzed the documents from both technical and business perspectives.
- Design and prioritized high-level test cases and identified necessary test data to support test cases.
- Identified all the functional objects to be tested in the application.
- Tested the entire functionality of online mortgage application process and checked that the daily submitted mortgage application data is saved in the database as well as transferred to mortgage processing data store in the system.
- Viewed process output files to validate the data to ensure that the data transfer is successful.
- Written SQL Queries to ensure data validation is correct or not.
- Effectively communicated with team members, Project Manager and Team Lead on overall progress of the project.
- Reporting all defects logged and test results to team Lead daily and weekly basis.