- Around 3 years of experience in Quality Assurance, Automated and Manual Testing.
- Involved in different types of testing like Sanity testing, Regression testing, Retesting, End to End testing and Involved in design and development of test plans on high - level, detailed designs.
- Acquired knowledge of the SDLC and Quality Assurance lifecycle. Involved in all the phases of Testing Life Cycle and Bug Life Cycle.
- Extensive experience in functional and regression of web-based and client-server applications using Quality Centre for Financial applications.
- Expertise in preparing the product test cases, functional requirement analysis and execution of Test cases on systems manually and using automated testing tools like Selenium/WebDriver .
- Experienced using web debugging tool like Fire Path, Firebug and Chrome debugging tools to locate web elements.
- Performed Data Driven and Back End Testing. Proficient in data manipulation using SQL queries.
- Worked with SQL statements to extract data from tables and verify the output data of the report on the browser page.
- Experience in testing the Functionality, Compatibility, Database, Regression and System testing.
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as ALM, HP Quality Center, QTP/UFT,Soap UI, JMeter, Load Runner, Appium , MTM, TFS , Selenium WebDriver / IDE / Grid , Junit / TestNG and JIRA .
- Expertise in Automation Testing, Manual Testing, Smoke Testing, GUI Software Testing, Black-box Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Posting the issues in defect tracking tools and project management tools (Team Foundation Server, JIRA & QC) with proper Severity.
- Functional and Non-functional test case Creation and Execution, Bug reporting, documentation, maintaining test results and reviews.
- Involved in designing, use case reviews and quality inspection for the releases.
- Experience in using ANT, Maven as build tool for Selenium .
- Used Selenium Screenshots for bug reporting, analysis and exception debugging.
- Assisted the team with daily QA tasks . Attended project meetings, release meetings, QA status meetings and daily stand-up meeting.
- Good knowledge in analysing changes and identifying areas of the application to conduct regression testing.
- Experience in writing SQL queries to perform Data Preparation, Data Validation and Backend Testing on oracle and SQL databases.
- Expertise in using bug reporting tools like Bugzilla, QC, JIRA.
- Good experience and understanding of SCRUM and Agile methodologies used in SDLC activities.
- Conducted sprint planning, review meetings, daily SCRUM meetings, updating task board, creating burn down charts for effective use, handling impediments, etc.,
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, Databases Oracle
Web Debugging tool: XPath, Fire path, Firebug, Web debugger
Database: Oracle, MS SQL Server
Operating Systems: UNIX/LINUX, Windows (XP/2000/NT/98)
Web technologies: XML, HTML
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/WebDriver/GRID, Quick Test Pro(QTP), Test Link, HP Quality Center, JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber, JIRA, SOAPUI
Confidential, Easton, OH
- Experience in Writing Test plans, Test cases, Test procedures based on business requirements.
- Responsible for Regression Testing, Functional testing, UI Testing for web based application.
- Effectively implementing different QA Methodologies / Policies , Strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC .
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG .
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver .
- Developed automated tests for continuous regression testing and reducing Manual testing using Selenium , TestNG and Maven .
- Used Cucumber for browser based testing with scenarios and situations.
- Created and updated test scenarios, test plans , and test cases according to user story and design.
- Used Fire Bug , Fire Path , Xpath , CSS Selector, ID, Name locators are used to identify objects.
- Used Appium for mobile automation testing with Selenium bindings for Android , IOS
- Perform Cross Browser Compatibility testing using Firefox Driver , Chrome driver , Internet Explorer Driver etc by using the Sauce Lab.
- Performed Unit testing for Java applications using Junit .
- Maintained and executed ANT build files for running automated test cases along with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins.
- Reported and tracked the bugs to closure using JIRA to Manual QA upon Failure.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI .
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI .
- Connected to database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Extensive work with ETL testing including Data Completeness, Data Transformation & Data Quality for various data feeds coming from source.
- Followed Agile Testing Methodology , participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Participated in system walkthrough and inspection meetings to understand the business rules and system operation flows.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Jenkins, Cucumber,QTP, Eclipse, XPATH, Firebug, Fire path, CSS, XML, Agile, SQL, Appium, and Windows.
Confidential, Portage, MI
- Analyzed the system specifications and business requirements. Setup the Test environment to ensure the Testing process is completed on schedule.
- Followed up with standard software testing life cycle ( STLC ) to perform different types of testing for the projects.
- Tested the flow of data from Front end to backend databases .
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium WebDriver .
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language.
- Used Java with TestNG frame work for automating scripts & Developed test scripts to automate the process of testing in Selenium WebDriver .
- Wrote and implemented the Test Plan, various Test cases and Test Scripts in VBScript to test various functionalities using the automated tool QTP
- Involved in Test Execution for Manual and Automated Test Cases and reported the Test Results.
- Created test planning and participated in execution for API testing using Test.
- Collected test data from the data team and tested for different kinds of scenarios (Positive & Negative) for the different fields of UI module.
- Worked on Testing of Payment Web Application which uses Restful Web services , XML , DOM , JSON and AJAX features.
- Mapped the test scripts to the functional requirements in HP ALM .
- Created test plans , test matrices , test cases , test data and other test related documents.
- Created, modified, extracted and deleted data using Data Definition , Data Manipulation and Data Control languages.
- Performed Oracle tables update and maintenance, extracted information and exported data to other software applications.
- Performed Web-Services Testing using SOAP UI and generated XML Files for messaging.
- Created and Executed SQL Scripts for data validation using TOAD .
- Involved in Walkthrough and Review meetings to understand the Software Releases.
- Finalized the Test Results and posted them in the Validation SharePoint Site.
Environment: s: Java, Selenium Web Driver, MicroStrategy, TestNG, Load Runner, LINUX, XML, Windows, Oracle, VB Script, HTML, Agile, Soap UI.
QA ANALYST (Manual Testing)
- Experience in Software Quality Assurance and Software Testing with in-depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Wrote SQL Statements to extract Data from Database to verify the output Data of the reports.
- Extensively interacted with Business Analysts to understand the user requirements and the business logic.
- Performed System Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing and Functional Testing.
- Performed Black Box Testing of the application to better understand the functionality of the application
- Extensively involved in writing and designing templates for the Test Plans and Test cases .
- Preparation of System Test plans / Test cases / RTM / Defect Reports to ensure projects are completed on time with quality.
- Used Quality Center / ALM to create detailed Test Cases from the business requirements documents and meetings.
- Performed functional , Black Box , Integration , System , Regression , Smoke and end-to-end Testing.
- Generated defect report graphs using Quality Center / ALM for the project managers.
- Used all Phases of Software Development Life Cycle .
- Used HP ALM for creating Test Plans and Test Cases and register the expected results.
- Testing the web-based application Manually and used Selenium (Web Driver) for Automation .
- Involved in different kinds of testing such as smoke to functional to Regression testing .
- Participated in Web services testing using Soap UI.
- Categorized bugs based on the severity , priority and interfaced with developers to resolve them.
- Involved in backend testing using SQL Queries .
- Created detailed QA and UAT test cases to validate the quality of the application.
- Performed Backend testing by extensively using SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database.
- SQL Queries to retrieve the data from various Tables and to test the database.
- Performed regression Testing after fixing and modification.
- Involved in ETL Testing to compare data from source data to target data. Validated the data as per the Mapping Document.
- Tested end to end application process including, signup, sign-in, amortization schedule, pre-approval letter, loan approval process, online payment and monthly statements.
- Followed Agile/Scrum Methodologies for all of the project activities.
Environment: HP ALM, Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, Java, Eclipse, RFT, SOAPUI, JIRA, MS Excel, SQL, Unix commands.