- Experience in Software Quality Assurance Testing of Client/Server, Windows based Mobile based and Web based applications.
- Experience in different domains like Banking, HealthCare and Insurance .
- Proficient in Waterfall and Agile Scrum Methodologies with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC ).
- Experience in writing Test plan, test strategy, test cases by reviewing Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Documents (FRD), use cases, Process flow diagrams, and UML diagrams.
- Experienced in testing tools such as QTP/UFT and SoapUI.
- Experience in Black box and Grey box testing with a complete QA cycle from testing, defect logging and verification of fixed bugs.
- Proficient in QC ALM for test planning, test Execution, defect reporting, tracking and updating weekly reports in dashboards.
- Experience in designing and executing test cases for GUI, Sanity, Functional, Regression, Integration, Usability, Security, System, Ad - Hoc and End to end testing.
- Proficient in using emulators, simulators and cloud based real devices on Device anywhere and Perfecto Mobile for native and web based mobile applications.
- Create Custom Code and Implementation of D ata D riven, Keyword and Hybrid Framework Using QTP/UFT tool for parameterization.
- Extensive knowledge in writing and executing SQL queries for verification and validation of data for backend testing on various databases like Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL.
- Experience in Web Service or Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) using SoapUI.
- Expertise in defect tracking tools like HP Quality Center, Bugzilla, Jira, and Rally.
- Excellent Communication, analytical, Interpersonal and Leadership skills, Self-motivated, quick learner, Good team player and ability to work individually with strong desire to achieve quality results.
Operating System: Linux, Unix, Windows, Mac OS
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MS Access, SQL SERVER, KANBAN
Browser: IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Testing Tools: QTP, Load Runner, SoapUI
Bug tracking Tools: HP-QC, Bugzilla, Jira, Rally,TFS
Other Tools: Putty, XML notepad, MS Office Suite
Product Business Analyst/ QA Analyst
Confidential, Lodi, CA
- Worked with UAT- Product and Product Transformation Program team
- Executed seven+ user acceptance test releases across the two projects in Products team.
- Worked extensively with the developers for the UI interface of the new sparks version (SharePoint based application)
- Performed UI, functional, regression, system testing on the application before every release.
- Developed use cases for the SharePoint based application; identified and tracked bugs to ensure high quality experience for the customers
- Perform responsibilities of developing test scripts by using SOA test tools
- Worked on SOA, SOAPUI/RESTFUL Web Services Testing. Validated request and response XML, SOAP and RESTFUL Web service calls
- Responsible for retesting the claims using Trizetto FACETS.
- Validating that the Products are configured on test environments correctly as well as validation of test claims.
- Good knowledge on QTP/UFT IDE (Object Identification, Object Repository, Step Generator, Data Table, Checkpoints, Output values, Actions, Recovery scenarios etc…)
- Performed feedback concerning completeness and accuracy of UAT. Involved in documenting the defects found during UAT using Jira.
- Updated all the tested documents in Sparks.
- Involved in configuration of Trizetto FACETS Subscriber/Member application.
- Worked on Trizetto FACETS Data tables and created audit reports using queries. Manually loaded data in FACETS and have good knowledge on Trizetto FACETS business rules.
- Did the forward and backward data mapping between the fields in mainframe and Trizetto FACETS.
- Analyzed the mainframe reports for member/eligibility/claims and mapped the fields with FACETS batch jobs and reports
Sr. QA Analyst
Confidential, Oakland, CA
- Extensively contributed to the preparation of test plans and test cases.
- Performed UI, functional, regression, integration, system and configuration testing on the application.
- Expertise in manual testing of both GUI and functional aspects of the client/server and web based testing.
- Worked as part of an Agile-Scrum team. Owned the responsibility for planning testing activities during the sprint cycle.
- Used ALM-QC for manual testing and defect management/documentation, modules used include: Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, and Defect.
- Performed system, Functional, sanity, Regression, Usability, UI testing, Mobile handset and web based testing.
- Was Responsible in finding the eligibility of the members and filing claims for the States Disability Insurance benefits for both short term disability who are not eligible for the Social security benefits and for the Long term disability customers who are qualified under Social security plan for the payment of benefits as a result or injury
- Proposed FACETS claims adjudication procedures, standards, and editing guidelines.
- Conducted Regression testing, smoke testing, cross browser testing through automated testing tools
- Responsible for creating and execution of automated test scripts using QTP.
- Configuring QTP/UFT Tool settings, Object Identification and globalizing the settings
- Tested the changes for the front end screens in FACETS related to following modules, test the FACETS batches (membership, Billing, Provider, etc).
- Creating and enhancing Tests/Test Scripts using Keyword driven methodology or Descriptive programming using QTP.
- Developed and executed automated test cases using QTP/UFT
- Tested user interface and navigation controls of the application using Quick Test Pro.
- Performed end to end testing, integration testing for the front end web based application.
- Tested the responsive design of the application by re-sizing browser dimensions, leveraging chrome dev tools for device emulation.
- Performed Cross Browser Compatibility testing across various browsers.
- Leveraged traceability matrix to map test cases to project requirements or features and eliminate any gaps in test coverage.
- Created the SQL scripts for demonstrating the prototypes and for verifying the result sets.
- Involved in decision making of converting manual test cases into automated test scripts and analyzing their life time and time required to update the scripts.
- Written smoke test cases in Quality Center and modified them when they are automated.
- Prepared and executed test cases for Navigational test, Functionality testing and GUI testing
- Wrote SQL queries to validate and update data sets/tables to ensure integrity of the database.
- Managed an offshore team to keep them apprised of any requirement changes and helping them converge on the promised deadlines.
Environment: QTP, Jenkins, ALM 11, HTML, XML, Device Anywhere, AWS, Apache Cassandra, GitHub, UNIX, Windows.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Responsible for decomposition of the requirements based on the functional specifications, design, development, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of applications to satisfy requirements.
- Prepared Test plan and Test cases based on the functional specifications.
- Responsible for creating and execution of automated test scripts using QTP.
- Inserted check Points to check the broken links, Text and standard properties of an object using QTP.
- Carried out Functionality, Integration and Regression testing using QTP.
- Performed Parameterization using Data Driven Testing in QTP.
- Performed Back-End testing by ADODB connections in QTP and by extensively using SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database.
- Design and Developing the Test scenarios for the Web services testing. Execution of all the web service test scenarios by using SOAPUI.
- Responsible for configuration/ compatibility with the help of FACETS, SharePoint, and Tidal scheduler
- Identified, analyzed, and documented defects, errors, and inconsistencies in the application using Quality Center.
- Performed Load and Stress Testing using Load Runner.
- Configured the Data mapping between Oracle and SQL Server 2005.
- Automated confidence tests that run on new builds on regular basis.
- Created Traceability Matrix, Test Reports and performing Gap Analysis.
- Coordinated with the developers on Defects Status on a regular basis.
- Performed feedback concerning completeness and accuracy of UAT. Involved in documenting the defects found during UAT.
- Participate in various meeting and discussed Enhancement and Modification request.
Environment: Oracle, Windows XP/Vista, Quality Center, QTP, TOAD
Sr. QA Analyst
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- As a QA analyst for the agile team participated in daily standup meetings, project status meetings as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews.
- Experience in complete software testing lifecycle (Requirement Analysis, Test Planning, Test Cases and Scripts Development, Test Execution, Test Reporting, Test Result Analysis, Defect Retesting, Test Closure)
- Worked closely with developers and business analysts to formulate test plans, test strategies and test cases in the pre-testing phase for Smoke, Functional, System, Regression and Data driven testing.
- Conducted walkthroughs of the test plans and test scenarios with the development team and business analysts before starting with automated testing.
- Experienced in creating descriptive programming using VB Script
- Performed various types of testing like Smoke, UI, Functional, Integration, System, Regression, usability testing.
- Lead in test efforts for both manual testing and automation testing of the web application.
- Expertise in using TFS to open bugs, create tasks and user stories.
- Wrote extensive scripts to perform smoke tests for verification of weekly builds.
- Performed compatibility testing with different browsers like Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer and Chrome.
- Performed responsive testing for iOS (iPhone 4s, 5, 6, 6s, iPad ) and android (Samsung S4, S5, S6, S7, Note, HTC) applications on different device resolution and orientation.
- Analyzed and implemented synchronization points, reusable actions, Parameterization, Checkpoints, and Regular Expressions whenever needed in QTP.
- Used data driven testing features to provide data values to the variables in a script.
- Used SQL Plus for writing SQL queries for validating, retrieving and comparing the data.
- Used UNIX commands to extract the log files from server to identify the root cause of issues.
- Used SoapUI for testing Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and Web Services (SOAP, REST).
- Submitting and assigning defects to the application developers along with the release of defect aging reports.
- Interacted with the Project Manger to provide estimates for different phases in the projects and also interacted with the client team to convey the progress.
Environment: QTP, TFS, ALM 11, HTML, XML, Device Anywhere, Oracle 11g, SQL Plus, UNIX, Windows, SoapUI.
Sr. Quality Analyst
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Defined the test criteria, project schedules and base lined the Test Plan with the help of project meetings and walkthroughs.
- Used agile methodology for software development.
- Developed QA Test Plan from technical specifications and requirements and created test cases, test scripts.
- Designed and implemented Hybrid Test Framework using QTP
- Extensively involved in the automation of Regression Test Cases by scripting using QTP.
- Involved in development and reporting of quality assurance project metrics.
- Created Data Driven Testing for positive and negative scenarios, by creating and storing data sets in MS Access.
- Involved in creating Test Scripts and executing them across various builds for Regression, System testing using QTP and reported the bugs in quality center.
- Backend testing by writing SQL queries to test the integrity of the application and Oracle databases using TOAD.
- Extensively used ALM throughout the project lifecycle to enter the Requirements, Test cases and executed manual tests in the Test Lab. Automated some of the regression test cases using QTP, QC.
- Involved in functional and regression testing of the web-application and tested the software using different browsers to study the browser compatibility.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing the test metrics and then submitting the reports keeping track of the status and progress of the testing effort.
Environment: VB Script, Agile, DB2, TOAD, IBM, SQL, SOAP, HTML, XML,QTP, ALM, Windows XP, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Access, MS Project.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Developed t est plan and test cases by analyzing requirements, design documents and use cases diagrams.
- Prepared test cases and verified the dynamic web contents, HTML pages and compatibility with multiple browser versions
- Monitored and tested batch job alerts and verified the status of batch jobs
- Involved in Manual and Automation testing
- Implemented various Black Box testing like GUI, Regression, Functional, Integration, System, User Acceptance (UAT), Sanity, compatibility, Security and Database Testing.
- Identified test cases to be automated and created test scripts using VB Script and executed them in QTP
- Created scripts in VB for automation testing in QTP.
- Created functional libraries and incorporated while creating the reusable scripts.
- Created, updated and maintained the object repository.
- Extensively used various QTP options like Parameterization, Check points, Synchronization points while creating various reusable scripts
- Handled dynamic objects of the application using regular expression of QTP
- Performed GUI, Regression, Functionality, positive-negative, data driven testing using QTP.
- Extracted log files from the server by using UNIX commands
- Used TOAD to write and executed complex SQL queries including JOINS, Operators and conditions to validate Backend data
- Documented the errors using QC and tracked them to completion by communicating and co-coordinating with the development as well as the support group
- Supported BA and Business Users during UAT phase
- Contributed to daily status meetings with project management on testing update
- Generated Testing and Defect Status report and communicated to the Project Management Teams.
Environment: HP -QTP, HP-QC, Oracle 9, Windows XP, UNIX, XML, .NET, HTML, Load Runner, MS Office
QA Tester Intern
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Participated in the agile development methodology, iteration and agile release process.
- Perform Build Acceptance, Functional, Sanity, Regression, Integration Testing .
- Expertise in validating the functionalities in different platforms.
- Involved in end-to-end testing of the Mobile Applications on various operating systems.
- Involved in test case development, test case execution, defect reporting and Sprint closure.
- Involved in Bug Triage meetings with development team, providing vital information for defects.
- Involved in improving the quality of software by developing and executing (Positive and Negative) Test Cases that conform to defined functional specifications and design documents.
- Analyzed test results, identified issues and reported it to the developers and project manager through Jira.
- Executed test cases using tool Test Track and Test Rail.
- Used Android DDMS for debugging and screen shots and detected errors.
- Knowledge of CDMA/smart mobile technologies, and Connection devices which supports for 3G network devices.
- Involved in End to End test of whole application.
- Executed SQL queries to access database.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from database.
Environment: HTML, JIRA, Quality Center, MSWord, MS Excel, PL/SQL Developer, UNIX, Windows