- Over 6 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance. Worked for top health care companies and web portals with 10 million users.
- Experience with BDD, Test automation (Selenium), Performance, Load testing; Web, API and Database. Experience with Usability testing and Security test planning (HP - Fortify)
- Hands on experience with exploratory, functional, system, integration, regression and User Acceptance testing; Black Box testing, GUI testing, data warehouse and data base testing.
- Experience in developing applications in C#, .NET framework using VS.
- Practiced all phases of QA in agile (Scrum and Kanban) software development methodology.
- Developed test strategy, test plan (automation), test execution plan, test status report and test summary report for different organizations.
- Contributed in story grooming, story point assignment, and design review and requirement analysis. Identified potential issues in the requirement and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborated closely with cross-functional team members including BAs, developers, project Managers and off-shore teams. Provided knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Contributed and presented regularly in walk-through meetings, review meetings, daily stand up meetings, defect resolution meetings and weekly status meetings.
- Extensive experience in tracing user stories with positive and negative test scenarios, and medium to high complex test case development; Test data generation.
- Extensive experience with GitHub, TFS, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, and Bugzilla.
- Proven abilities in Defect backlog management, Defect reporting, and defect tracking.
- Proven skills in testing web based applications under multi-browser environments, IOS and Web API testing with XML and JSON files.
- Excellent database knowledge for backend testing using Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server. Extensive experience with writing SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Experience in testing JSON, XML technologies (SoapUI). Strong knowledge of IBM Cognos. Extensive experience with both UNIX and Windows Environment.
User Stories, Testing and defect tracking: HP ALM, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Microsoft Test Manager, JIRA, Bugzilla, Rational Clear Quest and CALT
Test AutomationAPI: JSON, JMeter (BeanShell scripting), XML, SoapUI, TestNG, Postman, Swagger, Fiddler
Integration and Acceptance Testing: BDD, Gherkin, Specflow, Junit, TestNG, Beanshell scripting
CI tools: Octopus deploy, Team city, Azure, Docker
Performance Testing: JMeter, Azure, MS Performance/Load tester and LoadUI. Kibana and Elastic search
Databases: Oracle 9i, 10g and MS SQL Server and IBM DB2
OS: Windows, Linux, Unix, IOS and Android
Languages: JAVA, C, C++, C#, .NET, SQL, PL/SQL
Scripting: Java Script, VB Script, and Shell Scripting
Tools: HP ALM, HP QC, CALT, TFS, IBM Rational DOORS, Notepad++, MS Office, QTP & Selenium IDE, Selenium Webdriver, TSO/ISPF, JIRA, REST/SOAP UI, PUTTY, JMeter, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MFT Web Interface and SQuirreL SQL Client. MS Performance/Load tester through VS and Azure Cloud.
Databases: NPPES (Oracle), Integrated Data Repository (IDR) (Teradata), PECOS (Oracle), NLR (DB2) - QMF, BMC, SPUFI, DataMart, MED, DMF, MarkLogic (Enterprise NoSQL Database), MYSQL and Oracle database.
Interfacing Applications: NPPES, PECOS, MicroStrategy for testing reports, and Gentran for end-to-end testing.
Senior QA Analyst and Automation Test Engineer
- Play a test lead role and interact with on-site and off shore test teams and augment them to transition from Excel based requirement/test case management to user story and test scenario management in TFS (Team Foundation Service).
- Execute acceptance, functional, integration, performance and regression testing during each sprint cycle. Tested in QA, Production-parallel and UAT environments.
- Help the team to transition from full manual testing to Test automation. Test automation (UI, API, Database and BDD) and Load/performance testing.
- Effectively manage and communicate defects to the team. Follow up with the bug debt and manage severity/priority of bugs. Move bugs to appropriate sprint cycles. Contribute in go-no go decisions for UAT and production release.
- Implement testing best practices and test automation pyramid across multiple disciplines and application environments.
- Develop test strategies to help teams for their transition from waterfall to agile development process. Introduce the concept of user story discussion, sprint planning, story point estimation, story grooming and retrospective meetings.
- Create high level test scenarios, test cases and setting up test data. Peer review test cases and provide continuous feedback.
- Ask questions during the design review and proactively find issues through up front discussion and test thinking.
- Interacted with product owner, test teams, Business analysts and developers on daily basis to resolve requirement and implementation conflicts.
- Creating and executing the SQL queries for backend data base validation. Validate stored procedures and triggers.
- Design tests for content management portions of the application.
- Communicate test execution status reports to leaders and escalate potential risks and quality issues on a timely manner.
Environment: Windows, IOS, Android, C#, .Net, CSS, HTML, Web APIs, Java Script, JSON, XML, MS SQL Server, TFS, Visual Studio 2017, MS performance test, ALM, Github, Jmeter, nightwatch js, selenium webdriver, phantomjs, gedit, Postman and Fiddler.
Senior System Testing Analyst
- Review and understand the Requirement documents to create test scenarios. Developed test cases according to the test scenarios.
- Create various testing deliverables including Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Test Scenarios, Test plan, Test cases, End-to-End test cases, Evidence files, Test Summary Report and Release checklist documents which are required for each release after the sprint cycle.
- Carried out a major role in managing the QA related work products and WIP (work in progress) of each release in HP ALM, CALT (CMS tool) and SharePoint before the Go Live date and the PRR meetings.
- Created, executed and maintained test cases in TFS and the source code maintenance.
- Played a key role in developing an automated UI test suite using Selenium web driver.
- Analyzed the performance of the web application using MS Performance/Load Tester (VS & Azure).
- Experience in Designing and executing the automation scripts. Involved in updating automation script for Selenium, SoapUI and LoadUI during sprint cycles. Experience on Junit and JMeter tools.
- Involved in Smoke, Functional, Regression, Integration, Backend, End-to-End, Sanity testing and Cross browser testing tasks.
- Performed High Level System Testing, System integration testing, exploratory testing, Web service testing, API testing, and User Acceptance Testing and the Performance testing.
- Involved in IRR, ORR and PRR meetings and discussions with the client. Attended defect triage meetings and calls with the client for all the releases.
- Involved in everyday Daily Stand Up meetings with the team in order to discuss about the work, updates and issues.
- Created test data and submitted to CMS using EFT in order to conduct the data base, MarkLogic, XML data and XML Schema validation testing. Transferred files through Gentran and MFT Internet Server.
- Experience with the web services and back-end service tools like REST/SOAP services, HTTPClient and SoapClient. Used SOAP over http to implement web services and used WCF services to enable effective communication.
- Processed the necessary Initial file, effectuated file, Medical claim and Pharmacy claim files and the corresponding 824, 834, 810, 274 and 835 Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and flat files for the issuers during testing.
- Tested the Citrix Web Port, Web Port Partner application, LMS and Outlook Web Access.
- Created testing defect reports in Quality Center and JIRA and track them to resolution. Escalate the issues and risks on a timely manner. Reported the weekly status on a regular basis.
- Created and executed the SQL scripts and the Teradata queries to test the backend data validation of the data base and the Teradata warehouse.
- Participated and made suggestions in the meetings on a regular basis with the testing team and the business analysts to resolve the requirement and the implementation issues.
- Followed the CMMI ML3 compliant testing methodology that has been tailored specifically for the NLR Project.
- Studied the Requirements Clarification log for the releases, Joint Application Design (JAD) documents for CRs, Detailed System Specification document (DSS) and attended Requirements Clarification meetings, Group Review meetings, CMS walkthrough for releases CDs.
- Reviewed CR test cases and logged if any issues find in the Peer review log. Played an in-charge role in preparing the meeting minutes.
- Attended all lunch on meetings, training sessions, demos and Walk-through in the project and created a good working environment within the team.
Environment: Registration / Attestation Web Server, Registration / Attestation App WAS, NLR App WAS, NLR Data Service WAS, MicroStrategy Web Server, MicroStrategy WAS, Java, Junit, XML, XSD, HTML, HTTPClient, Soapclient, SOAPUI, Share point, Web services, IBM DB2, Unix/Linux and EDGE Server.