- More Than 6 years of Professional IT experience as a Software QA Analysts/Quality Assurance Engineer.
- Expertise in planning, designing, implementing, executing and evaluating tests.
- Experienced in creating Test plans, Test strategy, UAT Test strategy and Test cases based on the business and system requirements.
- Strong Knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Extensively experienced in Software Development Methodologies such as Agile Scrum, Waterfall etc.
- Experienced in different types of testing like Black Box, Functional, GUI, Smoke, Regression, System, Acceptance, Integration and Back end testing.
- Experienced in maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix across the project deliverables.
- Highly skilled in creating and executing test cases, writing test scripts from requirement documents and functional design documents using HP Quality Center(QC)/Application Life Cycle Management(ALM).
- Experienced in using HP Quality Center/ALM for Bug tracking and Defect reporting.
- Proficient in Data Migration, Database Transferring and related objects in SQL Server from one server into other Remote servers.
- Experienced in writing and executing Complex SQL queries and PL/SQL statements for Back - end testing.
- Experienced in developing Automation Framework by studying the business processes and the application using QTP/UFT.
- Experienced in writing UFT/QTP Test Scripts using Descriptive Programming and enhancing the scripts using Parameterization, Synchronization, Correlation, Regular Expressions, Check Points, Customizing Exception handling and VBScript.
- Good Knowledge in Recovery scenarios for QTP/UFT using VB script.
- Experienced in developing and executing plans, meeting deadlines and operating under time constraints.
- Proven skills related to meeting moderation and facilitation, including interviewing of and presentation to senior management.
- Excellent training skills in technical and domain areas required for the projects which helps the team.
- Expert in maintaining team harmony through effective Human resource communications.
Testing Tools: HP UFT, HP QTP, HP ALM, HP Quality Center, Jira
Programming: SQL, PL/SQL,VB Script, Java, HTML
Databases: Oracle, SQL, SQL Plus, MS Access, SQL Server
Word Processors: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, MS Excel
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Developed Test plan, wrote Test cases and executed Test cases from stories for the application under test.
- Analyzed requirements provide testing scope and proposed the testing methodologies.
- Provided technical guidance, when needed to other members of Quality Assurance, Software Engineering.
- Worked on Agile software development environment where performed testing in each sprint.
- Performed System, Integration, Regression, Failover and Compatibility Testing.
- Involved in defect tracking and reporting using HP ALM.
- Prepared documentation for assigned projects and followed software release procedures, requirements analysis using ALM for importing specifications and documents.
- Performed Database Validation to check the updated data in the database using SQL quires.
- Performed back-end testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing enterprise level complex SQL using TOAD.
- Developed and enhanced VBScript external functions and integrated with UFT automation regression framework for continuous integration testing.
- Performed data driven testing using UFT and integrated descriptive programming in UFT script for dynamic object recognition.
- Tested Asynchronous Programming to Update the Chart on home page for dynamic ad changes on web site as well as data validation using UFT.
- Involved in preparing status reports and attending daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings to update the automation status, challenges and efforts.
- Performed key role in success of the project by identifying and resolving the Performance bottlenecks of the system specifically related to code, database and configuration.
- Developed and executed plans, meeting deadlines and operating under time constraints.
- Was responsible for meeting moderation and facilitation, including interviewing of and presentation to senior management.
- Maintained team harmony through effective Human resource communications.
- Involved in Performance and Automation code reviews, gave suggestions and areas of improvement to the team.
Environment: SQL Server, MS Office, Windows, SOAP UI, UNIX, VB Script, XML, HP ALM, HP UFT, Java, J2EE, Java Script, MS Excel.
Confidential, Carlsbad, CA
- Reviewed business requirements and designed specifications to understand the application under test.
- Participated in design sessions and provided feedback on requirements and design specifications.
- Involved in Complete Software Developments lifecycle.
- Performed Regression testing Black-box testing and System testing.
- Designed test based on Use cases.
- Performed various forms of testing including GUI, Smoke, Functional, Regression, Integration, System and Configuration testing.
- Ensured the actual results match expected results using Quality center.
- Responsible for documenting application related errors in Quality Center.
- Documented the Bugs and generated status reports and Bug reports and presented them in weekly status meetings using Quality Center.
- Worked on Backend Testing by writing SQL Queries to verify the data.
- Involved in developing scripts using descriptive programming in QTP.
- Executed Test scripts against Developed Software using QTP.
- Executed the test scripts for the GUI, Functional, and Regression testing using QTP.
- Employed system analysis techniques to translate system requirements and Use Cases into QTP automated test scripts.
- Tested functionality of the application by inserting various check points like standard check points, text check points, table check points, image check points, and database check points in QTP.
- Created Insight Objects for check points like image and text checkpoints in QTP.
- Attended various meetings with the developers, clients, and the management team to discuss major defects found during testing.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing.
- Developed work-around solutions to problems encountered during Test development and execution.
- Provided visibility on quality to the rest of the organization.
Environment: CSS, Java Script, MS SQL Server, Web Services, HP Quality Center, QTP, VBScript, Java, Windows, UNIX, MS Excel, MS Office.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Interacted with Senior Architects, Manager and the developers for issue resolution for critical business related queries and acting as a liaison between the business and the IT teams.
- Interacted with development Teams for timely closure of bugs.
- Involved in Agile model of software development by facilitating daily operational scrums and frequently coordinating across cross-functional team.
- Used Quality Center for maintaining the Test Cases, Test Execution, Defect management, Bug Reporting and familiarity with other features of Quality Center and Administration.
- Used Quality Center to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process, including planning, executing tests, and tracking defects.
- Tracked and monitored defects using Quality Center.
- Worked with development members on bug reproduction and fixes; and updated management on testing results, activities and planning using Quality Center.
- Performed database Integrity Testing by executing SQL statements.
- Reported bugs into Quality Center and performed regression tests after the bugs were fixed using QTP.
- Enhanced the QTP scripts by inserting VBScript functions and Checkpoints to check for Broken Links, Text, Table, XML and Images, and Synchronization Point to capture upload time.
- Performed Data-Driven Testing, Text Output values by using Global and Local spreadsheets in QTP for testing multiple data.
- Performed User acceptance testing in the final phase of software development process to check the functionality of the software.
- Responsible for preparing and executing end-to-end UAT scripts.
- Created Test Status Report and Test Completion Report for feature testing.
Environment: Agile, MS Office, UNIX, MS Excel, TOAD, Oracle, SQL Server, Quality Center, QTP, Java, Java Script, Windows, HTML.