- Working as Software QA Engineer in IITWorkforce.
- Worked in Sidhi infotech, Bangalore, India as a Software Test Engineer.
- Experienced writing Test Script using Selenium WebDriver using Java.
- Good experience in using Java, TestNG Test framework to write functional test.
- Experience with comprehensive understanding of all phases of Test Life Cycle, including Test planning, Testing, Defect tracking and reporting.
- Experience in preparation of Test Summary Report.
- Expertise in Smoke Testing, Black - Box Testing, Functional Testing, Positive/ Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing.
- Developed and executed test cases for XML / SOAP Web services using SoapUI tool
- Good in back end testing and writing SQL queries in SQL Server.
- Good in using bug tracking tool JIRA, Quality Center.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and work independently to meet deadlines.
- Experience in Responsive UI Testing using different Online tools and Multi Browser Testing
- Hands-on-Experience in performing cross browser testing using Testng
- Good Knowledge in HTML and XML.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, WebDriver, UFT
Languages: JAVA, HTML, XML
Test Framework: TestNG, Data Driven Framework
Web Debugging Tool: Xpath, Firepath, Firebug, Web debugger
Processes: Agile-Scrum, WaterFall
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP Quality Center (ALM)
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL
Source Version Control Tool: Subversion (SVN)
Web service tool: SOAP UI
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE :
- Developed and executed test plans, test cases and test matrices utilizing QA best practices and standards.
- Evaluate and analyze Business Requirements, Functional Specification documents.
- Created Test plan, High level scenarios, test case construction and weekly status reports.
- Identify the Scenarios for Automation feasibility Configuration set up for automation like eclipse set up, JDK, Maven and configuring related .jars
- Wrote Maven build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of TestNG test cases/suites
- Analyze business requirements, Software requirement specifications to create test cases for Manual and automation testing using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG.
- Used Selenium tool (selenium IDE is a plug-in to Firefox) to verify XPath in Firefox.
- Used XPath and CSS to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Participated in the System Test Plan reviews, Test Scenarios, Test Cases Review and modified the documents with respect to the review comments.
- Experience in software engineering methodologies or SDLC like Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Designed and Developed Automation test scripts in Java implementing test in selenium Web Driver
- Experience with open source tools Selenium Web Driver
- Designed and Developed Automation frameworks in TestNG.
- Designed and Developed Page Object Model Test Design Pattern.
- Strong exposure testing applications on different browsers like IE, Firefox, Chrome.
- Good at defect-reporting and defect-tracking using tool like Jira
- Responsible for back-end testing/database testing, which was done using SQL queries.
- Developed and executed Basic test cases for SOAP Web services using XML, WSDL in SoapUI tool
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Windows, Java, MYSQL, Quality Center, Eclipse, Firefox, IE, Chrome, TestNG.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Created test plans, test cases based on business requirements of the Application.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center.
- New Functionalities were tested manually and automated existing functionalities for repetitive testing with Selenium.
- Involved in Regression testing on each build during the various phases of the application
- Involved in creating the Traceability matrix based on Functional requirement in each module.
- Regression tests were scheduled and performed on every Release and build.
- Regularly followed up with the development team to discuss the defects identified during Testing.
- Used Quality Center to store all testing results, metrics, implemented Test plan Document, created Test Cases, Defect Tracking & Reporting.
- Executed SQL queries to verify data in the database
- Participated in status meetings to report issues. Communicated with developers through all phases of testing to prioritize bug resolution using Quality Center
- Prepared and Presented weekly and monthly QA Defect and Status Reports of the project using Quality Center.
- Performed Smoke Testing, Functional Test and Regression Test
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reviewed business requirements and technical specification documents and Analyzed use cases, functional requirements to write detailed Test plans and Test cases.
- Automated regression and functional test suites by developing test cases using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA and TestNG.
- Involved in setting up configuring the testing environment with Eclipse, Junit and Selenium Web Driver and Selenium Java client driver
- Developed Data Driven framework to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files
- Tested the product through all phases of Agile SDLC.
- Executed positive & negative test cases at System level testing and logged the test results.
- Evaluated test results and documented the deviations from expected results.
- Parallel, Cross Browser testing using Selenium TestNG.
- Entered and verified bugs in defect tracking system JIRA.
- Facilitated user acceptance testing with business users.
- Developed methods to read test data from excel files using Apache POI in project.
- Interacting with developers during appropriate stages of projects, participating in Test design reviews
- Performed reviews and walkthroughs.
- Wrote SQL queries extensively, queried database and generated test reports.
- Performed a wide range of quality tests include functional, user interface, regression, user acceptance.
- Participated in application planning meetings.
- Generated Weekly Reports, Defect Reports and Customized Summary Reports.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, HTML, Windows, JIRA, Eclipse IDE, TestNG, SQL Server
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the user stories and provide the early feedback.
- Involved in manual test execution of test cases.
- Involved in Preparation of Traceability matrix.
- Performed Functional & Regression testing
- Involved in Cross Browser Testing and UI Responsive testing
- Validate bit by bit of the module for which the development is complete
- Writing manual test cases for the new functionality
- Reporting and validating the defects in JIRA
- Coordinate with Developers, Business Analysts to resolve Testing Issues and Defects.
- Executing Test Cases and documenting the Test Results.
- Worked with developers in solving the defects of the screen testing validations.
- Involving in daily status meetings to discuss testing progress and defect status.
- Perform Regression Testing of each module after performing Functional /System Testing.