- Having around 6 years’ experience as a QA Automation Engineer in analysis, design and development and testing of Client/Server and Web Based Applications.
- Worked in Agile Scrum Development Environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Strong knowledge on building hybrid automation frameworks using Page Object, Page Factory, Data Driven, UI Mapping in Selenium using TestNG/JUnit suites and Java libraries like Apache POI, Log4j etc.
- Experienced in automation of both SOAP and REST services using REST Assured, HttpClient and tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Executed JMeter Scenarios to perform performance testing of web application and Rest API’s. Also executed Stress and scalability tests and performed extensive load tests using JMeter with Thread Groups, Samplers, Controllers, Assertions and Listeners.
- Extensive experience in manual web services testing (SOAP and REST) using SoapUI and browser based plugins like Postman for REST APIs.
- Experience in testing native mobile applications using Appium. Experience working with Android SDK, UI Automator Viewer, Appium Inspector/Desktops, ADB commands for ios and Android Devices.
- Automated Web Services using SoapUI with Groovy Script. Added assertions to validate data using Property Transfer transferred the values from response XML tom another request XML.
- Learned and used Ruby , Cucumber, RSpec and Postgres to test and build applications.
- Extensive experience working with Maven as build and project management tool.
- Involved in Continuous Integration using tools such as Jenkins and Git to source control test assets and execute test runs.
- Knowledge on Protractor - AngularJS applications testing framework.
- Familiar in running automation scripts using Cloud platform Sauce Labs.
- Involved in executing Selenium test scripts for Cross browser testing and checked for compatibility using Selenium Grid.
- Experience working with UNIX to check error log files.
- Performed database testing to check data mapping using SQL queries
- Experienced in working with Rally, JIRA for Project Management and defect tracking .
Testing Tools: Webdriver, Grid, RC, IDE, Junit, TestNG, SoapUI, Postman, AppiumNightWatch, Protractor, JMeter
OS: Windows, Unix, Linux, Android, Mac
Databases: Oracle, MySql, MongoDB
Web Technologies: HTML5, XML,XPATH, CSS, AJAX, AngularJS, Node.JS, Cloud
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ Idea, SQL Developer, WebStorm
Defect Tracking: Rally, JIRA, Bugzilla, HP QC
QA Automation Engineer / SDET
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Involved in writing Selenium scripts using WebDriver for automated testing
- Developed Test Scripts using automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, TestNG, Apache POI using patterns like Page Object, Data driven testing and UI Mapping.
- Writing test scripts to test REST APIs using RestAssured and Cucumber using feature files and step definitions.
- To make sure the velocity of the team is maintained in an AGILE environment during releases.
- Performed functional, UAT, smoke, regression testing and recorded issues along with product enhancements. Worked with other team members to troubleshoot problems and inconsistencies.
- Used XPath in the context of Selenium in order to pick out page elements in a robust manner by using XPath Siblings.
- Consuming data through JSON web services using blocks for asynchronous calls via third party networking.
- Tested native mobile applications using Appium. Experience working with Android SDK, UIAutomator Viewer, Appium Inspector, ADB, Logcat.
- Created automated test scripts via Selenium WebDriver for UI and functional testing which can be added to TestNG based automatic regression test suite.
- Communicate effectively with both management and peers while detecting/solving issues.
- Developed and executed SQL statements for the database testing.
- Used and monitored JIRA to log, track and close defects as and when developers provide fix.
- Worked with Continuous build and Integration and Deployment using Maven and Jenkins using Git.
- Interacted with End users and investigated issues relating to QA during UAT Phase
- Validate the code in production environment during production deployment
- Used JMeter to execute LoadTests outside the company firewall by configuring host machines with JMeter in AWS
Environment: SQL, Java, WebDriver, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI, SOAP, JMeter, JIRA, SQL, Oracle, Maven, Appium, JSON, Agile, Jenkins.
Confidential, Mountain View, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Followed Agile project management methodology, actively involved in scrum daily standup, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective meetings.
- Built high level automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, TestNG, and Jenkins using patterns like PageObject, Data Driven, UIMapping and Java Design patterns.
- Created Test Automation Framework using TestNG, Java, WebDriver, Apache Commons, Log4J, Apache POI, Selenium Grid, JacksonAPI to test web applications and RESTAPI’s
- Experience handling different reporting structures using TestNG listeners and Jenkins configurations.
- Experienced in Automating RestAPI’S using Rest Assured Framework, TestNG, Java and JsonPath.
- Analyzing User Stories, Creating test cases, developing automation scripts and log bugs through Rally and JIRA.
- Worked with Cucumber, feature files and step definitions for RestAssured API framework.
- Worked with Continuous build and integration using Maven and Jenkins. Used Git bash to pull and commit changes.
- Worked with dynamic elements using XPath and CSS Selector locators, developed automation scripts using Selenium Web Driver.
- Using Gerrit, reviewed the changes by all the teammate contributed within different sprint.
- Have knowledge in HTML5, Node.JS and AngularJS applications.
- Evaluating/Researching/Implementing automation framework for Angular.JS using Protractor.
- Executed JMeter Scenarios to perform performance testing of web application and Rest API’s. Also executed Stress and scalability.
- Wrote and executed complex SQL queries for Oracle used for backend test cases.
- Performed database testing to check data mapping using SQL queries. Worked with Unix commands.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver / Grid, TestNG, JMeter, Java, Jenkins, JIRA, Rally, Git, Maven, Rest Assured, Protractor, Unix, SQL, Agile and Oracle.
Confidential, Deerfield Township, IL
- Actively involved in SDLC and STLC process and used tools like Selenium WebDriver, JMeter, SoapUI.
- Executed test scripts using JMeter and SoapUI tool to perform Web Services testing
- Validated Web Services current states and made logical assertions for WSDL and SoapUI.
- Implementing automation using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA and Selenium Grid.
- Well versed in creation of automation test scripts for Cross Browser Testing for Firefox, Safari, Chrome and IE using Selenium Grid
- Designed and executed functional, data driven and basic load test cases for web services testing in SoapUI.
- Wrote and modified required UNIX scripts and other SQL validation scripts and writing scripts in SQL to validate the outputs analyzed test results and creating performance evaluation reports.
- Worked on data driven testing using SoapUI - Groovy, datasource loops.
- Developed, maintained and executed load and stress test with JMeter.
- Implemented and supported sprint planning and retrospective activities by providing technical support for sprint cycles and testing with Rally tool.
- Used Git to checkout code for testing and creating release package for submission to production.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, SoapUI, JMeter, Rally, Git, Groovy, UNIX, Java, SQL, Oracle.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Writing test plans, test cases, and creating required test data based on business requirement and maintaining traceability matrix.
- Interact with members of the QA team, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Software Developers and End Users.
- Performed GUI, Mobile, UAT, Cross Browser, Functional, Black box, End-to-End and Regression Testing.
- Reviewed requirements for accuracy, completeness and testability.
- Worked with automation using Selenium IDE and RC.
- Used SoapUI for testing SOAP based Web Services. Performed functional and performance testing of Web Services.
- Used JIRA and Version One for project management and defect tracking.
- Performed Data Validation using SQL queries.
- Utilized UNIX and SQL to create test data and performed backend validation of GUI based applications.
- Utilized Git for maintenance of the different releases of test scripts in central repository.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, SoapUI, JIRA, UNIX, Windows, SQL, Git
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
- Designed the Test Scenarios and Test Cases after analyzing the requirements.
- Experience in Software analysis, design, development, Testing and Maintenance with strong understanding of SDLC & STLC.
- Quality-focused professional with extensive experience in manual software testing and knowledge in automated testing.
- Experience in reviewing and contributing to test plans and specification documents
- Collaborated with software developers to create detailed test strategies, test scenarios and test cases.
- Analyzed the requirements, created test plans and executed the test cases. Performed ad-hoc/exploratory testing to familiarize with basic functionalities of the application.
- Responsible for Test Closure Activities and providing the Test Closure Document to the stakeholders.
- Worked on conversation of manual integration test in to automated test using QTP
- Wrote and executed complex SQL queries for Oracle used for white box backend test cases.
- Prepared detailed Test cases in QC with Use-Case Design under which system will be tested.
Environment: QTP, Oracle 10g, SQL, Clear Quest, Windows