- Around 6 years of experience in analyzing, developing and executing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scenarios for manual/automated testing.
- Experienced in Industry Standard Quality Assurance and Testing Methodologies.
- Highly skilled in preparing and executing Test cases based on Use Cases and in making Test Strategy and deliverables.
- Experienced in Agile development environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Familiarity with V - Model and Agile methodology in testing environment.
- Well-rounded Testing experience in Black, Grey Testing with Component (Function) Testing, System Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Experienced in using HP ALM/Quality Center to communicate and coordinate software bug fixes, change requests, and supports high level of communication among the testers, developers and managers.
- Experienced in creating detailed bug reports, pass-fail reports and comparison charts using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Good Knowledge in developing/executing queries for SQL server and Oracle databases for Back End testing.
- Experienced in developing, trouble shooting and customizing Manual as well as Automation scripts using UFT/Quick Test Professional.
- Proficient in Functional, Regression and System testing of various Enterprise Services and Systems using UFT/QTP.
- Extensively experienced for user-defined and pre-defined check points for Images, Text Area and UI functionalities using UFT/QTP.
- Experienced in developing User Defined functions using VB Script to support the automated scripts.
- Strong Knowledge in developing Descriptive programming for Data driven Testing using UFT/QTP.
- Expertise in developing of Automation framework and updating the automation suites for new functionality using UFT/QTP.
- Experienced with version control, configuration management and change control procedures.
- Experienced in participating in bug triage meetings with developers to validate the severity of the bug.
- Attend review meetings and Quality Control board meeting for continuous improvement of software quality.
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills, Quick learner, Motivated Team player, ability to work independently and fast paced environment.
DBMS: Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PL/SQL
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, HP-UX, Solaris, DOSTesting Tools: HP Quality Center, Quick Test Pro (QTP), HP ALM, HP UFT, Bugzilla, Req Pro, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Robot, SQL Query Analyzer
Process/ Tools: UML, Use case diagrams, Rational Unified Process (RUP), MS Project, Visio, MS Excel, Agile/SCRUM
System Hardware: IBM, HP, Intel, AMD
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performed Quality Assurance Testing using Automated Open-Source Tools.
- Participated in designing Test strategies, scenarios, scripts, and procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
- Determined Test plans and Test scripts and developed Test schedules.
- Prepared and executed Test cases based on Use Cases and made Test Strategy and deliverables.
- Worked in Agile development environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Developed and maintained Test tools and Frameworks to validate unit, integration and functional tests of the system.
- Created and managed test plan to assist overall test assignment, test cases and test scripts for the testing effort using HP ALM.
- Executed test cases using HP ALM.
- Coordinated with Development team for Bug fixing issues using HP ALM.
- Performed Back-end testing using SQL queries
- Performed Data Driven Testing with UFT to test the application for different sets of data.
- Performed Functional, Regression, System and UAT testing using UFT.
- Developed UFT Script to generate the XML from all the VBS function libraries.
- Performed Sanity testing, Integration testing, System testing and Regression testing by using UFT and VB Script Excel macro tools.
- Actively participated in test case automation using a structured, keyword driven framework with UFT.
- Identified the database tables for defining the queries and defined datasets for report generation.
- Involved in Deployment of Reports on Report server.
- Involved collecting several metrics and come up with corrective measure to be presented to senior management.
- Involved in the trainings in understanding the Application workflow.
- Worked with offsite team model coordinate my own efforts with team members in the off- site team.
- Involved in scheduling project schedule and testing time line for off shore teams.
- Performed QA Tester task for evaluating newly developed Beta applications.
Environment: UFT, HP ALM, UNIX, Windows, MS Office, MS Excel, Outlook, Oracle, CSS, C#, Visual Basic, SOAP UI, XML, SQL, CC&B, JReport, Java, Html.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provided automation in an automated framework for integration and defined functional testing criteria.
- Analyzed functional requirements, user stories and user acceptance criteria to develop Test plan and Test strategy.
- Prepared Test cases and Test Scenarios for core functionality.
- Determined Test execution priorities, deadlines, expectations and scope within a predefined Test window.
- Involved in Functionality, Integration, Regression, System, Smoke, UAT and GUI Testing.
- Maintained and updated Test plans, Test scripts in HP Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center for defect tracking and defect reporting.
- Wrote SQL scripts and queries to test the database table records to validate online screen.
- Created, modified and enhanced scripts created by automated testing tool QTP.
- Automated the Regression testing scripts into QTP.
- Modified existing QTP scripts for new development and customizations.
- Implemented various types of Checkpoints in the generated QTP script for all the modules.
- Performed Automation of regression testing using Quick Test Pro (QTP) and programming dynamic VB Scripts for testing GUI functions.
- Worked on User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with users along with providing training to end-users.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases.
- Prepared the Test estimations, Batch Calendar, Run Plan, and Traceability matrix.
Environment: HP Quality Center, QTP, Windows, Oracle, VB Script, HTML, MS Office, MS Excel, XML, MS SQL Server, SOAP UI, JIRA.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Wrote Test plans, Test scripts and Test cases based on content and Functionality prototypes.
- Designed and executed Test cases or Test scripts for the application.
- Executed Functional testing and System testing.
- Analyzed technical specifications of any new application under consideration to determine functionality.
- Involved in writing Test Design & Specification Document (TDS).
- Tracked with end users and solved their bugs, other major and minor issues in Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center to prepare Test Cases with the complete description of requirements.
- Tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared defects using Quality center.
- Conducted Oracle database testing by developing SQL Queries.
- Developed and executed Software Test plans for Desktop Automation by using QTP (Quickest Pro).
- Implemented and run Software system Test cases in QTP derived from a requirement document.
- Used VBScript and VB.Net in QTP.
- Created progress reports to ensure appropriate test coverage and results.
- Worked with team in remote offshore location daily basis to discuss any issues regarding projects.
- Assisted in production of testing and capacity certification reports.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, UNIX, Windows, C/C++, MS Office, Oracle, Visual Basic, SOAP UI, XML, SQL, Bugzilla.