- Around 5 years of professional experience in Software Testing as Software Quality Assurance Engineer on different platforms and environments.
- Experience in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), in - depth knowledge of contemporary QA/test principles, methodologies.
- Efficient in analyzing System Requirements, Use Cases and other documents to gain overall understanding of the new application to determine the appropriate level of testing required and designing end-to-end testing framework that supports both manual and automated.
- Extensively Worked in Quality Assurance using Testing methods for both Manual and Automation tests with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Requirements gathering (FSD/SRS).
- Experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing, and Production & Maintenance Methods using Waterfall, CMM, and Agile/Scrum.
- Adept at developing automated test scripts using Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, Selenium .
- Experienced in developing and maintaining Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases, Defect Tracking, and Report Generation.
- Strong knowledge in JIRA and Bugzilla
- Worked on retail and e-commerce application.
- Involved in risk based testing.
- Documented the SDLC Process of Service Virtualization for the Client.
- Working knowledge of SQL, HTML and XML and internet browsers.
- Expertise in Unit Testing, Integration Testing, GUI testing, Functional testing, Accessibility Testing, System testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance testing, end-to-end testing and Black Box testing methodologies.
- Experience in implementing and tracking testing Key Performance Indicators(KPI)
- Involved in Sprint Planning sessions and gave story points as per the estimates of Virtualization.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries to perform Data Validation and Back end testing of databases to check the integrity of data.
- Experience in creating the Requirement traceability matrix and performing the corresponding analysis.
- Recognized for reliability, teamwork, persistence and strong work ethics
- Experience in coordinating testing efforts with the offshore teams.
- Excellent communications skills, strong problems solving skills and a good team player.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressure and co-ordinate multiple tasks in a work project environment.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/95/98/2000/XP/7
Defect Tracking: HP Quality Center 9.2, JIRA
Databases: Oracle 10 & 11g
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center 9.2, HP QuickTest Professional, JIRA, HP ALM, UFT, Selenium
Languages: C, SQL, HTML, UML, XML
Browser Compatibility: Internet Explorer 6/7/8, 9, 10, 11, Google Chrome, opera, Safari and Firefox
Confidential, Chicago IL
- Coordinated Test Plan, Test Scenarios and Test Cases with the Business Analysts and Development Teams
- Experience working with both Manual Testing and Automation Testing process on different modules.
- Strong knowledge dealing with the phases of Software Development Life cycle (SDLC), methodologies and application testing processes
- Working experience with Agile 4.0 Photon specific methodology
- Hands on experience working with Selenium Web Driver and Selenium Grid
- Experience working with Android SDK (Studio Development Kit) Manager.
- Responsible for Smoke, Integration, Functional and System testing
- Performed End-To-End Testing and Regression Testing.
- Experience working with Platform testing and Security testing
- Experience automating unit testing using TestNG
- Involved in walkthroughs throughout the full phase of project
- Performed Database validation testing using MySQL queries
- Participated in testing software by conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Participated in designing the REST APIs that allows sophisticated and effective results.
- Used JIRA extensively for Defect tracking and reporting, made use of Confluence for document management.
- Closely involved in working with the development team, maintenance team and business team regarding changing requirements, builds and releases
- Made use of the GIT versioning tool, a central repository for coordinating all the team effort
- Extensively involved in Presentations, Meetings and Interaction with Senior Management
- Recognized for reliability, teamwork, persistence and strong work ethics
Environment: Selenium Web Driver 2.0, Eclipse, JAVA, TestNG, XPath, Firebug, Firepath, Agile, Maven, JIRA, XML, Oracle 11g, HTML, Java Script, CSS, MySQL, TOAD.Confidential, Houston - TX
QA Selenium Tester
- Requirement study and understanding the business functions and the functional requirements.
- Designing test cases, executing the test cases and analyzing the test results.
- Identifying the automation test scenarios.
- Preparation of automation test scripts for regression suites from the manual test cases.
- Test data’s preparation using the Oracle DB.
- Performed Internal and External Peer Reviews of the test cases.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability matrix and updating changes as required.
- Planning for Test Execution activities by assigning tasks on daily/weekly basis.
- Executing the Automation test scripts in QTP tool.
- Debugging of the failed scripts and analyzing the Results.
- Preparing the Deliverables such as Daily status Reports, Weekly Status Reports and Test Summary Reports.
Environment: HP QC 9.0, Oracle DB, HP QTP, IE, Chrome and Firefox browsersConfidential, New York, NY
- Actively involved in all stages of software development life cycle (SDLC), which includes requirement, analysis, design, development, testing and documentation, Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Designed and developed test plan, test cases and automated test scripts.
- Involve in analyzing Business Level Requirements, and Manual testing methods.
- Involve in Validation of the modules of online banking which includes add external account, Balance transfer, Online Payment Management, Mortgage, etc.
- Performed smoke, functional, integration, system, User Acceptance Testing, regression and GUI testing.
- Developed test cases and performed integration testing of the combined software modules and tested as a group.
- Performed end-to-end testing considering all interfaces and subsystem for functional and non-functional testing.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and developed RTM.
- Followed up with the developers on defects status on a daily basis and generated reports for managements.
- Identified correct GUI elements using various Selenium Locators like ID, Name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath and CSS to find the Web Elements using selenium and creating automation scripts.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium Web Driver
- Developed and executed Selenium test cases using Maven (Page Object Module).
- Expert in writing the Test scripts using core java language.
- Experience in using Selenium Web driver, Eclipse, Java and TestNG frameworks in creating test scripts, Annotation, Parameterization, Data providers, Test suites and HTML reports.
- Parallel running test scripts using Selenium Grid & get report in Local Machine
- Performed cross-browser testing for the web interface and mobile application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Generated the test reports using log file and snap shot.
- Designed, developed and executed mobile test plans for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
- Developed and executed complex SQL queries to validate test data.
- Activities in SQL Like select Index, insert, joining tables, aggregate functions, sub-queries, set functions, triggers, errors and views.
- Generated status reports and Defect reports and presented them in weekly status meeting.
- Communicated with different team such as development, requirement, and configuration management.
- Understand the business requirement and technical specification documents of the system
- Involved in Agile Scrum meeting and Scrum testing of the system
- Reviewed change request documents and defect description and attended meetings to document the required changes.
- Developing test cases, test procedures and test data from requirement document
- Involved in test plan and test case review meetings
- Updating the test cases document according to review comments
- Created & Maintained Selenium Automation Scripts for the Scrum Stories.
- Verified the UI elements using xPath and CSS values.
- Used TestNG to create the Test Suites and to execute all the test scripts
- Used Rally to report the defects to the development team
- Created the tests that have no user interaction as a set and executed them as Batch tests using Maven.
- Implemented automation execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of continuous integration process using Selenium Grid.
- Performed Smoke, System testing, Integration Testing, Regression testing, User acceptance testing and Database testing.
- Extensively used SQL query statements to verify the data integrity and validation between the front-end values with the backend database values of the application.
- Prepared Test cases, procedures, Bug Tracking, Logging and reporting
- Experience developing a Comprehensive Test Strategy inclusive of all testing activities
- Updating status report daily basis and weekly basis by conducting meetings with QA team.
- Involved in Database testing to verify data integrity tests.
- Extensively interacted with developers to analyze and resolve the issues that were encountered while testing the application.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver 2.0, xPath, HTML, Java Script, UNIX, SQL, Agile, Rally, XML, Web Services.