- Over 8+ years of diverse experience in Information Technology with an emphasis on Software Quality Assurance, performing Manual and Automated Testing of standalone, client/server, web applications and Mobile Testing.
- Strong Experience in Financial, Health, Banking and Ecommerce Domains.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) this includes multiple platforms like system study, analysis, design, development, unit integration, acceptance testing and implementation, Agile and Waterfall Software test methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge and experienced in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix, developing and executing Test scripts & Test cases, Engineering Test data and analyzing Test results.
- Extensive knowledge of different kinds of testing like Back - End Testing, Positive/Negative Testing, Data Driven Testing, Black-box/White-Box Testing, End to End Testing, Unit Testing, Functional, Integration Testing, System Testing, UAT Testing and Regression Testing
- Expertise in problem solving and bug tracking using HP Quality Center, Rally, Jira, Bugzilla, Rational Clear Quest, TFS and MTM.
- Expertise in querying and testing using RDBMS tools like Oracle, MS SQL server, PL/SQL, DB2, QMF, TOAD, and MS Access for Data integrity
- Responsible for executing test plans to ensure delivery of quality information systems and/or software programs that conform to organization standards and user requirements.
- Excellent knowledge in Functional and Regression tools like HP QTP/UFT
- Experience in writing and executing automated test scripts using Selenium Web Driver/RC, Selenium IDE, TestNG/JUnit, Cucumber, Jenkins, Maven and Java.
- Maintained the Selenium & JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like CVS, SVN over the time for improvements and new features.
- Good experience in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, Postman, Rest Assured and Tested both XML and JSON formats
- Good Exposure in Agile Scrum Methodology
- Extensively used HP QC/ALM and MS TFS for writing and executing Test Cases, Test plan, defect tracking, prioritizing defects and disposition in defect scrum meetings.
- Experience in Mobile Application Testing for Android as well as IOS platforms using mobile tools like Perfecto, Device anywhere.
- Experience in Data warehousing integration services: SSIS, Reporting Services: SSRS and SSAS and also involved in the report generation of BI systems using Crystal Reports.
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Cleansing (Scrubbing), Data Validation and Verification of data conversion rules.
- Good knowledge in using DWH Tools like SSIS and Informatica to execute the batch jobs.
- Having experience in SMOKE test case preparation for phase wise.
- Highly experienced with Advanced SQL Queries and UNIX scripts to retrieve Data from the Databases for Backend Testing and Validating Database using SQL Developer and TOAD.
- Experience in testing various Front-End GUI and Backend Applications.
- Experience in IVR Testing.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office products and able to handle multiple assignments.
- Good exposure to Onsite/Offshore working model.
- Possess strong analytical, verbal, organizational and inter-personal skills that help in communicating with Developers, team members, writing reports and test documentation.
- Excellent analytical/trouble-shooting skills and strong technical background and able to cope with fast paced working environments.
Operating system: UNIX, Windows 98/2000/NT/XP.
Quality Assurance tools: HP QC/ALM, Microsoft-TFS
Automation Tools: HP QTP/UFT, Selenium IDE/Web driver/Grid, JUNIT, Jenkins, TestNG, ANT
Reporting Tools: Rational clear quest, JIRA, BugZilla, Rally
Programming Languages: SQL, VB script, C, C++, Java
Database: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MS Access, Teradata
GUI Tools: Visual Basic 5.0/6.0, Power Builder
DWH Tools: SSIS, SSRS.
Browser: IE, Firefox, Mozilla and Google Chrome.
Other tools: SoapUI, REST, Mobile testing, Putty, Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel and Power point)
Confidential, Addison, Texas
Sr. QA Analyst
- Developed a QA process from scratch, established QA standards, set up QA tools (Manual, Automation, and Mobile Testing).
- Developing Manual test cases for different test scenarios covering all aspects of project functionality.
- Performing Functional testing as per user stories and performed Integration Testing & System testing on individual pages using Selenium WebDriver/RC/Grid.
- Configured WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation test scripts in Java using TestNG framework and Page Object Model (POM).
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser compatibility testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Involved in testing of services like SOAP, RESTful services using SOAP UI, Groovy Script.
- Performed Functional Testing of the Web services using SoapUI.
- Involved in writing automated scripts for Angular JS application using protractor and Java scripts.
- Performed manual testing in physical devices emulator and IOS simulator.
- Involved in mobile testing by using e and Java.
- Dealing with Mobile Apps Testing in Manual and Automation testing of IOS and Android mobile application devices and used Appium for IOS and Android based native applications.
- Involved in validating the mobile application functionality on virtual device emulators.
- Developed BDD, ATDD using Cucumber Features, Scenarios, and Step Definitions.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven. Used Maven to perform build from Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Created manual test cases in MTM and validated/executed on the application and also reviewed test cases developed by others.
- Involved in 3 of the recent data migration projects that involves developing and execution of complex SQL scripts on a daily basis for data comparison.
- Managed 4 people team independently as an acting Lead for migration projects and able to successfully complete the projects and meet the deliverables on time.
- Used TFS to report bugs and to maintain product backlog items.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using Quality Center.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language.
- Scripted SQL queries to verify data integrity and validate updated data for the Test cases in different modules of the insurance application.
- Performed back end testing on Oracle Database by writing SQL queries.
- Used JIRA to track and report system defects and bug fixes. Written modification requests for the bugs in the application and helped developed developers to track and resolve the problems.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each sprint deliverables.
- Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Selenium Grid, Cucumber and Maven.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release
- Actively involved in SDLC and STLC process and used tools like Selenium RC/Web driver, JMeter, SOAP UI
- Experienced in testing applications manually as well as using the automated testing tools like Test Director and Quality Center/ALM
- Prepared training materials for gathering materials, QC/ALM reporting, Test Strategy, QA Methodologies, automation frameworks, design, defects reporting and other QA templates
- Implemented SoapUI for Web service Testing
- Extensively automated regression and functional test suites by developing test cases, test suites using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, JUnit.
- Implemented Page Objects framework, Hybrid framework and Page classes from scratch to represent web pages.
- Developed Keyword Driven and Data Driven frameworks to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files and SQL Databases.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Black box testing and White box testing was implemented as a testing mythology
- Project is developed using agile methodology.
- Developed SQL Queries to retrieve or create test data from different databases.
- Performed Functional Testing using Quality Center.
- Developed and executed test cases for XML / SOAP and REST services using SoapUI tool.
- Added Property Transfer in SoapUI tool to transfer the values from one response XML to another request XML.
- Automated highly transactional web application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used ADB commands to install, catch error logs, and screen shots from the android device. Attached logcats and Screen shots to bugs, using Android SDK DDMS and ADB commands.
- Installed apk and tested device connections using ADB commands.
- Took a leading role in mobile testing using Perfecto Mobile for testing client's mobile apps on the Android and iOS platforms.
- Testing all the other functionalities for a PC version of the product, including Blocking/Unblocking a contact, Adding, deleting a contact, Display of the groups etc.
- Making changes in the configuration files inside the JAR and then installing the build on the mobile devices for checking its effects.
- Modification of existing Test Plans and Test Scripts for android testing.
- Implemented handset automation framework, scripting and execution Sanity, Regression, Stress and Boundary test cases for mobile applications using Device Anywhere Automation Tool User authentication testing for Apple and Android Devices.
- Execution of automated Test Scripts through Maven. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project.
- Participated to create Test Analysis reports (TAR) and stored them into the Quality Center.
- Performed Manual Testing on the application and written the Test cases.
- Reviewed the Business Requirements document with the business and development team to understand the architecture and functionality of the application (Ordering entry applications, billing systems and data flow to provisioning systems and interfaces between them).
- Involved in understanding of functionality and design of different applications based upon the Requirement Specification Document.
- Involved in development of Test strategy, Test cases and generated Test scripts for both positive and negative testing.
- Involved in testing of the application manually and tested the design and functionality of the application.
- Created Test Scenarios based on business requirements.
- Wrote System Integration test cases and functional test cases using Quality Center.
- Developed detailed UAT test cases from technical system requirements document to meet deadlines and verify system functionality as per the requirements.
- Executed Test cases using Quality Center (QC) in the Test lab.
- Extensively used Quality Center (QC) for Test Planning, Test execution, Defect tracking and Reporting.
- Created SQL scripts to query the database.
- Ability to understand Facets Data Model.
- Communicating with offshore team for QA related activities, Planning Integration, system testing activities, and version controlling.
- Involved in designing test scripts, generic and business functions using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Loading the Test Cases into Quality Center.
- Designed the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to trace the relationship between business and functional requirements to test cases and achievement metrics on an ongoing basis for keeping the project team informed on the progress report of the project.
- Tested various reports that were developed using Business Objects and validated the data expected versus actual.
- Involved in preparation of document and test Strategy before User Acceptance testing is done.
- Logged the errors and coordinated efforts with the development team to solve the problems using Quality Center.
- Participated in weekly status meetings, walkthroughs and documented the proceedings.
Environment: Quality Center 10.0, Quick Test Professional 9.2, Facets, SQL Server 2008, Windows XP, Unix, MS Office and MS Project.