- QA Analyst with 8 years of experience in IT industry, which includes thorough knowledge of System Development Lifecycle experience, Developing, Designing, and implementing Test plans, Test cases and test processes. My expertise spans around both manual and Automation testing with strong focus on Selenium framework.
- Proficient on Automation tools like Selenium (RC/WebDriver/IDE/Grid) & QTP for Testing Client Server & Web based Applications and Appium for testing iOS & Android Apps.
- Hands - on experience in developing, executing and maintaining test script (manual and automated) using JAVA & Selenium WebDriver.
- Excellent working experience of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and testing methodologies like Waterfall and Agile/Scrum.
- Experience in creating Automation Frameworks using TestNG & JUnit with Selenium.
- Experience in protractor, QTP Automation, load and performance testing tool JMeter, Load Runner and mobile automation testing tool Appium.
- Experienced in continuous integration using JENKINS to support tools likes CVS subversion, GIT and execute Apache ANT and apache Maven.
- Experience in Testing Automated Scripts on Cross-Browser Platforms like Desktop, Tablets and Mobiles using Saucelab.
- Extensive Experience in developing Test Plans and writing Test Cases based on Requirement Document.
- Experience in generating Emailable HTML Test Reports using Maven & TestNG/JUnit.
- Experience in using Selenium IDE for recording and involved in developing new Selenium Scripts using Java API to automate Web Application Testing.
- Involve in creating REST API client using JUNIT test gem and user groups, privileges to the users using repository manager.
- Extensive experience in working on Keyword Driven, Data Driven and Hybrid framework using Selenium Web Driver.
- Developed XML test data and implemented Functional and Data Driven tests using SOAP UI.
- Expertise in developing automation scripts in BDD format using Cucumber and proficient in writing Cucumber scenarios in GHERKIN format.
- Extensive experience in using Firefox Add-ons like Selenium IDE, Firebug, FirePath, Selenium Builder.
- Good experience in Defect Life Cycle Management tools like HP Quality Center (QC), JIRA & Assembla.
- Extensively worked on data warehousing and decision support systems with relational databases such as Oracle design and database development using SQL, PL/SQL, SQL PLUS and TOAD.
- Extensive experience working in agile methodology, SDLC, stand-up meetings with Product owner, Scrum master, understanding and writing user stories along with Business Analysts.
- Experience in Managing the testing Schedules and responsible for the deliverables.
- Experience in working with various IDE’s like Eclipse, Sublime Text3, NetBeans, Visual Studio.
- Proficient in Automation tools like QTP. Created, maintained and executed VB scripts in Expert View.
- Managing Onsite and Offshore teams and developed Status Tracker Report to keep track of Onsite and Offshore assignments.
- Involved in End-to-End, System, Beta Testing & Performance Testing.
- Provided weekly and monthly Status reports to Clients and Upper management.
- Having Excellent Organization, verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Testing tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC, QTP, Appium, JUnit, TestNG, LoadRunner
Defect Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center ALM, JIRA & Rally
Build Tools: ANT, Maven
Frameworks: Data Driven, Keyword Driven & Hybrid Frameworks
Languages: Java, SQL
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
Cross-Browser Platform: Sauce Lab and Selenium GRID
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome & Safari
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB
Add-Ons: Fire Path, Firebug, Selenium Builder, Selenium IDE
IDE: Eclipse, Sublime Text, Visual Studio
Version Control: GIT,CVS,SVN, GITHUB, Source Tree
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OS, UNIX and Linux
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. Automation Tester
- Involved in analyzing system specifications, design, development and execution of test plans and test cases for Manual and Automated testing.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in reviewing and updating of change request documents and uploaded in the central repository(SVN) for ease access of team members
- Created both Manual and Automation Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and JAVA Technologies (Eclipse IDE).
- Built Automation Framework for AngularJS in Jasmine, Protractor and WebDriver.
- Developed software tools to interact with terminal emulators for test group using Visual Basic.
- Performed Cross-Browser Testing by executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers (IE, Chrome, and Safari & Firefox) and checked for compatibility.
- Implemented the Load Test scripts using the Jmeter and LoadRunner Virtual User Generator (VUGen) and enhanced the scripts by including transactions, parameterize the constant values
- Worked with QuickTest Professional (QTP), Unified functional testing (UFT) VBScript to provide functional and regression test automation.
- Tested the application in highly dynamic environment with sprint team using agile methodology.
- Performed automation testing as per the user stories using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Cucumber
- Managed the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) between requirements and test cases.
- Involved in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Maven.
- Performed Saucelabs testing for different browser and OS combinations.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Parallel running test scripts using Selenium Grid and get report in Local Machine.
- Performed Java API testing, system testing, black box functional testing, client UI testing, and regression, stress, load and White box testing.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Develop test scripts using Selenium RC, ample use of Firebug to map HTML pages and Selenium to document reports, test results.
- Defect Maintenance and tracking using HPALM.
- Provide all data validation through SQL queries, UNIX commands to perform Back-end testing
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
- Worked on both SOAP and REST services using Rest Assured and tested both XML and JSON formats.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Built & run end-to-end test frameworks using Protractor for Angular JS applications for user-testing scenarios.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, Junit functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Created custom Xpath and CSS Selector for identifying Dynamic Objects and use them in Selenium Script.
- Used Jira as a project management tools to keep tracking for bug life cycle and to use for iteration planning.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Fire path to locate elements.
- Customized Selenium API to suit the testing environment.
- Involved in CA Service virtualization creating and deploying virtual asset to give appropriate response.
- Tested the various SOA architectures using SOAP and WSDL across various applications using SOAP UI and Rest API'S.
- Worked on Mongo DB database concepts such as locking, transactions, indexes, replication, schema design
- Configured Jenkins build jobs for Continuous Integration of source code from Repository and launch of Regression and Smoke Testing and sends automation build status mails to the team.
- Extensively worked in installing LoadRunner Controller, Analysis and Generator on Windows platform.
- Used Appium to facilitate mobile testing by creating mobile Driver class with the required Mobile capabilities.
- Performed Cross browser/platform testing of web applications using saucelabs
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloud based code repository system like Github.
- Performed step by step testing of software systems and fully document results within the Test scripts in UFT and Performed Front-End Testing, Functionality Testing, and Data Driven Testing
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Analyzed Test Cases and contributed in creating Test Strategy for the project.
- Used customized Assertions in Groovy scripts to validate XML messages in SOAPUI Pro.
- Involved in analyzing Test Results & Identify bugs and reporting to the developers using HP Quality Center.
- Supported users by developing documentation and assistance tools and tracking user stories and tasks by using Rally and Jenkins as a build tool.
- Created Test Scripts and Used Tortoise SVN as a configuration tool to commit script in the common repository.
- Utilized it for reporting and logging defects found during functional and regression testing.
- Involved on testing the new functionality based on test cases and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues, Defect Management by Logging and Tracking bugs during execution in Test lab.
- Prepared QA reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing test results.
- Performed on regression execution using HP QTP scripts to ensure existing functionalities work properly
- Involved in testing Web services REST and XML.
- Performed database testing by passing PL/SQL queries and also executed the regression test cases before handed over to UAT.
- Executed test cases compared with expected values and pass/fail reports updated through Quality Center.
- Performed code reviews for all content changes via QA checklist, which resulted in fewer errors found during UAT testing
- Involved in Reviews of test cases and automation test scripts.
- Participated in Sprint planning, Retrospective and Estimation meetings.
- Worked with development teams investigated and corrected software bugs and deficiencies based on the testing results.
Environment: HP Quality Center, QTP, UAT, Java, Test Manager, HTML, XML, Agile, Oracle, SQL Server, Rally, Rest, SVN
Confidential, Frisco, TX
Software Test Engineer
- Actively participation in GUI testing, Functional testing, System testing, Smoke and Sanity Testing.
- Involved in integration testing of different modules.
- Used Quality Center for developing and maintaining Requirements Traceability Metrics.
- Conducted Functional, User Acceptance and Usability testing.
- Collaborated with development and other QA on test execution.
- Analysis and isolation of issues reported from clients.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Quality Center.
- Performed the Back-End integration testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL statements.
- Interacted with developers to report software bugs and re-test the fixed issues.
- Created checklists for testing team.
- Involved in complete QA life cycle.
- Created manual test cases, reviewed with different stakeholders to validate the functionality.
- Wrote PL/SQL Queries to retrieve the data from various Tables and to test the database.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Reported, logged and tracked defects using Quality Center.
- Performed GUI Testing and Functionality Testing for the Application.
- Used HP Quality Center for tracking software bugs and indicate the progress of automated testing during weekly status updates.
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Center, GUI, Linux, VBScript, Oracle, PL/SQL, MS Outlook.