- Over 8+ years of IT experience in various stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirement analysis, test design, test development , and implementation .
- Extensive experience in Manual as well as Automation testing of Web based application.
- Experienced in preparing and executing Test Plans, Test cases, Test Reports and Documentation for Manual, Mobile and QA Automation testing.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Selenium IDE, Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid using Core Java for developing automation scripts in Eclipse IDE.
- Experience in designing the Java Frameworks like TestNG
- Expertise in Testing tools like Selenium, UFT, Performance centre, JIRA, Verifix, FIX protocol, Parasoft SOATest, Tosca TestSuite, CICD tools like JIRA, Bamboo, BitBuckit, Zephyr, Git etc...
- Used Eclipse IDE for developing automation scripts.
- Experience in testing database applications of RDBMS in Oracle, My - SQL and SQLServer by executing SQL Queries
- Maintaining the Traceability Matrix, Test Data Matrix and Status report related to project
- Experience in Webservice testing using GreenHat, Actional diagnostics & QTP
- Performed feasibility, adaptability study and risk analysis to identify the business-critical areas from User perspective and supported multi-tier applications
- Expert knowledge and Experience of iterative Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC); Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
- Experience in test management and defect tracking tools like Mantis, JIRA and Quality Center
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN) & GIT.
- Well versed in analyzing Results, Bug Tracking & Reporting, detailed status reporting
- Developed Test Scenarios and Test Cases using functional requirement documents
- Extensive experience in coordinating testing effort, responsible for test deliverable, status reporting to management, issue escalations with effective client communication.
- Proficient with Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong team player with ability to work productively in a team as well as individually
- Excellent communication, problem solving skills, coordination, documentation, project planning and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with effective organizational skills combined with attention to details and business process improvements.
- Excellent organizer with solid planning and high commitment, result oriented and interested to learn modern technologies.
- Flexible and Project Oriented team player with excellent communication skills and leadership abilities to develop creative solutions for the challenging requirements of client.
- Skill to adopt new methodologies, tools, technologies and domains depending on the job responsibilities.
- Effective Presentation Skills and logical thinker capable in analysis predictions and improvements. Worked closely with Production Managers, Technical Managers and Business Managers in planning, scheduling, developing, and executing Testing deliverables.
- Involved in the coordinating with off-shore teams and updating status to management at regular intervals
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/RC/IDE/GRID, UFT/QTP, Manual Testing, Appium, Soap UI, Cucumber, Firebug, Fire Path, TestNG, JMeter, HP LoadRunner, JXL, Coded UI, Protractor, Eclipse IDE, API, Jasmine
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA
Repository System: GitHub, Subversion, Tortoise SVN
Cloud Based Testing: SauceLabs, BrowserStack, Openstack
Mobile Technologies: AndroidSDK, Appium, IOS
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG, Mocha js
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, V-Model, RUP
Testing Tools: White Box, Black Box, Acceptance Testing, System Testing, Stress Testing, Load Testing, Reliability Testing, Feature Testing, Functionality Testing, Accessibility Testing, Validation, Localization Testing, Manual, Automated, Modular Testing, Grey Box, System Testing, Integration, Unit, Regression, Test Plan, Test Cases, Matrix Preparation, API Testing, Performance Testing, Load Testing, and Internationalization testing
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, BugZilla, IBM Rational, ClearQuest, TFS, Service-Now, ALM QC, TestDirector, TestLink
Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera
Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Apache Tomcat5.x/6
Protocols: TCP/IP Protocol suite (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, UDP, DHCP, SSL, DNS)
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control, Travis
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
Packages: MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access), MS-Project and MS-Visual Studio
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX, Linux, iOS
Languages: C, C++, Java, C#, SQL, PL/SQL, Python, UML.
Confidential, Hagerstown, MD
QA Automation Tester
- Developed automated scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Implemented Framework using Java .
- Responsible for periodic updating of Test Plans and Test Cases as per Requirement Specifications and Business rules.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Test case creation and UAT Test cases execution.
- Created and automated test cases using an internal tool Test Automation Web(TAW) which is inspired from Selenium .
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, Maven and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Test the functionalities of the application on different devices(iOS/Android) and Multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera).
- Experience using Perfecto Mobile (HP UFT/HP ALM ) for multiple device simulator.
- Experience in and mobile applications testing with Appium (iOS/Android).
- Involved in validating functional, Integration and Regression test suites using Selenium , Cucumber and the request and response of the web services (SOA ) through SOAP UI .
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber , and Step Definitions in Gherkins format.
- Involved in the preparation of VB Scripting functions to deal with recovery scenarios and dynamic pop ups .
- Involved in the preparation of Proof of Concept (POC) for hybrid framework implementation. Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI .
- Involved in the mobile compatibility testing on various Android and iOS mobile operating system versions.
- Experience with Tandem DB and Path Validations and Validation of APIs - Read and Write.
- UAT planning, execution, Rollout and DR testing, whenever business required
- Involved in Agile scrum meetings and Agile sprint review meetings with product owners and involved in Business and Functional Specification review meetings, Design walkthroughs and Test Plan reviews.
- Involved in End to End Validation of Health insurance workflow specifications
- Created mobile automation scripts using perfecto mobile and UFT integration .
- Involved in the creation of VB scripting code to handle recovery scenarios.
- Assigned work to the Team members and monitored them during Test planning phase, Test execution phase.
- Worked with various mobile testing platforms using Appium (android, iOS, Black Berry etc.)
- Worked with Proxy recording to create automatically JMeter scripts for execution.
- Analyzed user stories thoroughly and acted upon accordingly to end users and stake holder’s expectations
- Executed mobile test cases on mobile cloud-based platforms (Device anywhere, perfecto mobile)
- Involved in creation of QTP recovery scenarios, regular expression, QTP File system objects (FSO) and QTP Automation Object Model (AOM)
- Involved in the preparation of Test data, Recovery scenario scripts, test logs and miscellaneous VB scripts
- Involved in Data driven and Hybrid approaches using QTP to convert manual test cases into automation
- Evaluated Health care insurance claims, Insurance payments and provider’s functionalities
- Created VB scripting functions to connect to data base, get the data from DB and compare it with expected values.
- Involved in the preparation VB scripting functions suitable for Error handling and Dynamic issues.
- Conduct Build Acceptance Testing for each firmware, iOS and Android build .
- Involved in working with automated Database testing through QTP and validated database records.
- Created Test scripts and Test Data for Health Insurance, Healthcare and claims processing .
- Test case management and defect tracking was done using RTC and JIRA .
- Scripts were made in such a fashion that UFT triggers the task on the Seetest client thereby enabling extensive customization options provided by UFT .
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using JIRA, RTC and followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Used Git for version control, JIRA for issue tracking and Jenkins for project build.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Curam, SOAP UI, Maven, Appium, Seetest, Perfecto, TestNG, JIRA, RTC, Eclipse, Java, SQL Server, JMeter.
Confidential, Stamford, CT
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed Business and System Requirements of the Application
- Followed Agile Methodology for application Implementation and Testing
- Expertise in using FIX Protocol API. Testing admin and application FIX messages like logon, logout, resend request, reject, sequence, pre-trade, trade and post-trade messages.
- Writing and executing SQL queries on Postgre SQL server.
- Used Robotium/Appium tool to develop automation test scripts on Android platforms for native applications on mobile devices.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, System, Regression and Integration with Positive, Negative Test cases.
- Performed WCF Test Client Testing & Web API Testing using SOAP UI.
- Tested the App and Web against Charles Proxy to test the performance against different networks
- Extensively used SQL for Back End testing to validate data in the database.
- Attended Sprint Planning meetings and other related Agile testing activities.
- Deployed the latest build of the App on iOS and Android using XCode and Android SDK
- Integration of SpiraTeam with HP UFT, Ranorex, JIRA, Jenkins, Bamboo and Soap UI
- Developing Regression suit for various module using Selenium Web driver with core Java in Eclipse IDE.
- Worked within development teams with BDD approach to develop web UI tests using cucumber and Selenium WebDriver.
- Used various available features of Selenium to develop efficient and error free Automated Test Scripts using Java in Eclipse IDE.
- Identified the Automation scenarios, Designed/Setup the Hybrid framework, prepared the UI Object Info, Functions, test Data, Prepared the Test Suite using JAVA Framework TestNG, Executed the Scripts, and updated the scripts as part of maintenance.
- Writing test cases and test script in SOASTA Touch Test for business, functional and non-functional requirements for UAT and PROD environments.
- Save data to XML format and periodically push data to TRIRIGA thru Web Service API.
- Also created and manage the Data validation process as well as the release process for the TRIRIGA (SEPTS) application
- Used Git, GitLab and Rational Synergy software configuration management tools to collaborate and manage code changes
- Interacted with SAP, Middleware, and Web Development team to resolve the issues in the execution flow.
- Support Data Migration for Tririga and handle Tririga Support Tickets for MDM team.
- Create and execute automated test cases on Android, Android SDK, touch devices using SOASTA
- Performing Regression test using automated testing tool Fitnesse and Selenium.
- Automate the test cases using Selenium Web driver with JAVA Framework TestNG
- Implemented JMS integration based on polling mechanism which is being used to process various business events.
- Performed Gray Box Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, Usability testing
- Analyzed Test Result, reported Defects, tracked Defects and maintained Test Results using JAMA.
- Experience in Integration, System Testing using different devices (iPhone, IPad Web based applications)
- Tested .Net based batches to manage EDI transactions received from External Partners & Direct Filers to create/modify/manage Claims and EDI transactions
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Execute Browser Compatibility Testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) of a Web based application
- Involved minimally with the Mobile Testing , testing on different devices using the Perfecto mobile
- Responsible for Backend testing by executing SQL statements and ETL testing.
- Designed automation framework for webservice testing using GreenHat tool integrating with QC/ ALM .
- Used Spotfire for visualizing and to generate reports.
Environment: Java, Appium, Bamboo, Selenium IDE, Robotium, Postgre, Cucumber, SQL, iOS, SOASTA, Android SDK, XCode, Perfecto, STAT, JMS, JIRA, Charles, Edi, Jenkins, ETL, Soap UI, FIX Protocol, GreenHat, jama.
Confidential, Racine, WI
- Prepared Test cases and Test plans for new functional modules.
- Written Grey box and Black box test cases based on the User and Business Requirements.
- Actively involved in SDLC and STLC process and used tools like ALM, Selenium RC/Webdriver, JMeter, SOAP UI, SSMS and Visio.
- Worked on Selenium IDE, the integrated development environment for Selenium scripts using Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
- Developed regression scripts using Selenium RC.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) spanning across various web services using SOAP and WSDL across various applications using SOAP UI.
- Extensively used my SQL proficiency during data migrations.
- Automated the regression test cases using the Selenium and TestNG.
- Attended Daily Stand Up meetings and provided QA status updates on different user stories.
- Create automated regression test suites using selenium and C#.
- Automated the Test Cases using Selenium RC, Java Eclipse and JUnit.
- Actively participated during functional and regression test cycles. Supported all major production releases.
- Performed KYA and KYC's for the Customer using Appium Application.
- Performed standalone testing of SOAP/HTTP services using Raw Soap Request step in Lisa Itko.
- Involved in writing load scripts using Apache JMeter.
- Performed JUNIT Testing using Mockito framework
- Expertise in tracking the Defects and log them on Quality Centre, JIRA, Source Forge, Gemini, Clear Quest and Visual Studio.
- We used to create and test the policies based on the given requirements by using Duckcreek tool, which is basically used to create insurance for auto and property.
- Worked closely with the Business Users while performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) in staging environment.
- Developed and maintained unit tests using JUnit.
- Used Firebug and Firepath to identify elements on the page. Used ALM and JIRA for tracking, analyzing and documenting defects.
- Executed Automated tests in appropriate test regions in support of unit, integration, functional, and regression testing used Selenium RC.
- Designed and developed automated scripts, which involved Functional Regression, Integration test cases using Selenium RC.
- Developed function to verify service response and capturing it in XML files.
Environment: s: Selenium WebDriver, Appian, Sharepoint, SOAP UI, JMeter, Junit, Mockito, Eclipse, Duckcreek, XPATH, Java, HTML, agile, SQL, Android, Protractor, Appium.
Confidential, Inc, Marietta, PA
- Performed Gray Box Testing, Regression Testing, Manual Testing, Functional Testing and Usability testing.
- Worked on Agile and Scrum environment.
- Involved and executed Unit, Integration and System Testing for Web based applications.
- Executed Browser Compatibility Testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome) of Web based application.
- Gather requirements from Business Analyst and analyze the requirements for testing.
- Prepared test strategies based on requirements, developed test plans and test cases and executed test cases.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the database and investigate for solutions using data analysis practices and prepare analysis reports.
- Generate reports on daily and weekly basis for defect reports and execution status.
- Executed test cases on HP Quality center and recorded actual result based on the execution.
- Created and executed database queries (SQL) to validate database data integrity.
- Used SOAPUI (use of groovy script) for test data setup in Test Driven Development.
- Generate documents in HP Quality Center (Reports, Graphs).
- Performed JUNIT Testing using Mockito framework
- Developed automation test cases using Selenium Webdriver.
- Used eclipse IDE with selenium to support functional testing.
- Involved in both Manual and Automation testing.
- Written Java code for automating order placement and performed regression testing using Selenium.
- Built a Page Object Model Framework for over 70% Test Cases using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG
- Reviewed the Selenium Scripts developed by the team members
- Participate in daily and weekly defect meetings and risk meetings.
Environment: s: Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, SQL, Agile, HP-ALM, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, Mockito, HTML, Eclipse, SOAP, SQL, Agile Methodology, JAVA, Oracle, Unix/Linux
- Performed in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life Cycle and methods like Waterfall and Agile.
- Participated in Requirement gathering phase with business team for Data migration test.
- Creation of Test strategy, test plan and test cases.
- Involved in the creation VB scripting Function libraries (QTP), Custom QTP functions, and QTP generic functions.
- Review of the test cases created by the team.
- Executed data and database testing validating SSIS.
- Automated regression test cases and positive scenarios in Selenium web driver (Java).
- Defect management using iTrac.
- Validation of concept before implementation (Visualization and interlinking) Validation of functionality changes.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automate it by using Selenium WebDriver
- Tested People Code customizations and to apply new functionalities for employee Base Benefits, HRMS and Self-Service modules.
- Logged and managed defects using Quality Center/ALM defect management tool.
- Performed Functionality Testing and Integration testing using HP Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Involved in developing Selenium automation framework using TestNG.
- Data testing and validation of the data from Quest TOAD 8.5and Aqua data studio 8.0 for executing SQL queries on test data held on an Oracle 10g database
- Extensively involved in writing manual test cases, automated test scripts and executing manual and automated test scripts for System testing and Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database editing and debugging tests using Selenium.
Environment: VB Script, QTP, Manual testing, Quality Center, JAVA, HTML, MS SQL Server 2005/2000, SQL.
- Generate data requirements and system specifications in an organized fashion for business solutions and for the developers to follow on.
- Participated in Requirement meetings (RSD) and Detail Design meetings (DDD) to understand the functional requirements of the APPLICATION to come up with test scenarios, test flow and test procedures.
- Involved in Manual Testing to check the basic functionality of the modules under test.
- Prepared test plans and test cases to test APPLICATION functionality.
- Test case management and defect tracking was done using Quality Center .
- Prepared TEST data for positive and negative TEST scenarios for functional testing as documented in the test plan.
- Performed browser compatibility testing on different versions and data validations for all reports.
- Created manual test cases for Functional, GUI and Database testing of the application using Test Director.
- Involved in recording change requests on the Change Request Form (Remedy) Participated in meetings.
- Validated that design meets requirements and function according to technical and functional specifications.
- Performed integration, function, system, usability, compatibility, load, stress and performance testing.
- Co-ordinate review meetings to resolve bug related issues with the developers.
- Involved in database testing by writing and executing SQL queries to ensure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database.
- Verified all the fixes made by Software Engineers against the appropriate defects by retesting the affected software and/or component of the system.
- Updated the status of the testing to the QA manager, and accomplished tasked for the assigned work to the Project Management team regularly.
Environment: Quality Center, XML, Manual testing, MS SQL Server, SQL, MS Office.