- Over Nine years of IT industry experience in Chat App, Account Receivable Management S ervices, Web hosting, Traffic Solutions, and Health care information management domains.
- Expertise in designing test plans, test cases, test scenarios and scripts, executing and documenting the results in the form of test summary reports.
- Strong exposure to defect management in Jira and Bugzilla and coordinated with Dev and BA team for bug resolution.
- ISTQB Certified Tester, Foundation Level (CTFL).
- Created and presented test scenarios for the review of stakeholders such business users, analysts and developers in team walk - through meetings.
- Strong exposure and experience in every phase of Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC) and SDLC
- Clear understanding of business (BRD, SRS, FRS,TRS and TDS) documents with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in Black box, Functional, Integration, System, Regression, UI and User Acceptance and Smoke Testing.
- Provided technical expertise in testing and product knowledge as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to verify that software product operates as designed and mentored junior team members.
- Knowledge of Linux commands.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings, Sprint planning, Sprint review a nd Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Have written beginner to intermediate SQL statements /queries for data verification in the back end.
- Modified existing automation scripts developed in Watir/Ruby and in Selenium.
- Knowledge of TFS and SharePoint for testing and release management documents.
Operating Systems: Windows 7/Windows 2008R2, Linux, Mac
Test Management Tools: Quality Center 10.0/Test Director
Automated Testing Tools: IeUnit, Watir, Telerik Test Studio, Selenium
Requirements Tools: Blueprint
Database: Oracle 9i/10i/11g, MySQL
Others: MS office, MS Vision, DB Visualizer 5.0, Jaws screen reader, CommonLook and Deque Worldspace(section 508 compliance software), SQL Navigator, mRemote, PEGA, phpMyAdmin, Eclipse, Confluence
- Created and executed test cases for web and mobile application in Confluence.
- Designed test cases and executed for iOS App on Physical devices and simulators for various iPhone models.
- Tested the mobile application on Android phones.
- Verified logs in Xcode for iOS App for any bugs and attached them for developer’s analysis.
- Utilized Charles to confirm any failures of request and responses and attached logs to a bug ticket.
- Verified request and responses in the browser console as well.
- Performed Functional, Integration and Regression testing .
- Designed a test plan and executed System Integration of Web, Mobile Web and iOS App.
- Participated daily scrum meetings.
- Tracked bug and improvement tickets in JIRA.
- Multi- Browser compatibility testing is done using Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
- Updated existing automation scripts using Selenium Python when there is a new build for the application.
- Quicktime player has been utilized to record the keystrokes on a physical mobile device for the benefit of the developer who works off-site.
- Used Splunk for the cause of errors in the front end
- Knowledge of GIT to verify PRs have been merged.
Environment: MacOS, GIT, Python, Selenium, Charles, Xcode, Quicktime player, ConfluenceConfidential
- Created test scenarios, test cases and executed them to test the GUI of health care and financial services applications.
- Tested both applications for mobile versions using simulator in the browser to test the responsive designs of the websites. Also verified applications on ChromeBook device since few clients use them for their daily access of the application.
- Team Foundation Server( TFS ) is utilized for testing and release management documents.
- Performed Post production release verification of the Live application on web and on physical mobile device.
- Created a test plan and executed for a complex online payment functionality for both the applications that accepts credit cards, checking accounts and cash payments.
- Payment functionality testing included online payment transactions that hit the payment gateways and return with correct status codes.
- Tested the application for request and responses in the console and any failures with 500 return codes.
- The application requires functional testing of the GUI for various resources that are code snippets and can be enabled and disabled depending upon the business requirements.
- Designed a test plan to test the customized application that was built as per business requirements in staging before turning over to UAT.
- Designed and executed test cases for UI based reports when queried by various controls to return the correct data.
- Logged bugs and system improvement tickets in JIRA.
- Telerik Test Studio automation tool used to record and playback automation scripts.
Environment: MS Office 2007, MacOS, Git, Ruby on Rails, Angular JS, Window 7, Telerik Test Studio.Confidential
Software Development Engineer in Test
- Designed test plans, test cases, test scenarios and executed for .Net and ASP based applications and documented the results in Quality Center and Excel.
- Created test cases to test Provisioning Manager to provision and reprovision various servers with various operating systems such as CentOS, Fedora, and Windows on a different chassis for dedicated servers and different hosts on Virtual dedicated servers with control panels such as cPanel and Parallels.
- Verified internal web service using SOAPUI to test the service called by other applications when there is a new build .
- Worked on multiple projects from gathering requirements, developed test cases, tested in QA environment, tested in Staging and finally deployed to production.
- Logged into various servers thru Bastion and have written Linux commands to query to verify the server login and control panel log- ins.
- Logged defects in Bugzilla discovered during the testing process in the TEST environment and Staging environments.
- Modified existing automation scripts for testing of the various internal and external applications using IeUnit and Watir/Ruby.
- Performed Black Box, Functional, Integration and End-to-End, Smoke testing of the application.
- Used phpMyAdmin to query MySQL DB to perform backend testing for the validation of the data.
- Have written Unit tests in Python for a new provisioning application in Django web application framework.
- Used GIT repository for source control. Pushed the code to local Git repo and pulled the updated code for further development.
- Deployed code to Test servers and prod servers using Jenkins, automated deployment tool.
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum methodologies starting with daily Scrum meeting.
- Participated in a weekly Sprints with a Product Demo, Retrospective and Planning meetings at the end of sprint.
- Used Eclipse for Windows local dev environment and Vim for Linux environment to develop our applications.
- Performed RESTful API and SOAP web services testing.
- Ran Linux commands to check the logs, verify disk space, memory.
Environment: MS Office 2007, .NET, LinuxOS, PHP Admin, mRemote, Git, Windows 2008R2, Watir/Ruby, IeUnit, Python, Bootstrap, Quality CenterConfidential, Phoenix
- Created test cases, test scenarios for .NET and ASP based applications.
- Designed and executed test cases to test production tickets and for additional new functionality.
- Stored and organized test plans in the SharePoint.
- Logged defects in Bugzilla along with any documentation such as screen shots for the benefit of developers for a quick resolution during system testing phase.
- Execut ed SQL queries using SQL Navigator for back end validation on violations captured via camera systems .
- Performed Black Box, Functional, System and Integration and Regression testing of the application.
- Functionality testing was done for Crystal Reports based Notices for Notice Amount Calculations, BarCode format, and Database values displayed on Notices.
- Created a test plan for migration testing when an application is migrated from ASP environment to .NET.
- Tested enhancements to an application that has Video Player and Image player that uses SilverLight so the users saved time in processing.
- Participated in SDLC meetings, gathered requirements, developed test scenarios and presented to various stake holders, tested QA environment, tested in Sandbox and Sanity testing done in production after implementation.
- Input was provided for design and usability improvements during system testing phase.
Environment: Oracle11g, MS Office 2007, Mantis 6.2, .NET, ASP, SQL Navigator 6.3Confidential
- Reviewed functional requirements during requirement gathering meetings, design review meetings, interacted with the Users, Designers, and Developers, Project Managers to get better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Designed test cases and documented and executed in HP Quality Center 10.0 for two different Java based GUI applications for application process, payments, reconciliation and content management.
- Logged defects in the Quality Center. Monitored their progress and verified their fixes after each build.
- Created extensive test scenarios, and test cases to for the testing of the PEGA PRPC website such querying the customer information thru their personal information, application ID, person ID thru PEGA site.
- Role based security testing is done so that only certain personnel with role privileges such as Manager, CSR Manager and CSR level can access the modules.
- Tested the FAQ documentation and General Service Requests (GSR) functionality
- Tested the Inbound and Outbound correspondence for the Call Center operations for PEGA PCC and WFM.
- Tested attachment of Notes, Files, application trail in the history for the Call center and Appeals personnel operations in PEGA PCC and WFM sites.
- Application Harness has been tested so that various components/sections of the application have been recorded correctly in PEGA PRPC and WFM.
- Tested the customer vetting process, unlocking the Security Questions for customers and Re assign work items to different operators.
- Monthly Application and Reconciliation reminder emails that are to be sent to Plan Sponsors were validated against production data from the Secure Website and the content from PEGA WFM.
- Extensively involved as a Lead Tester testing RDS and ERRP Program websites for providing companies important general information about the program to enroll as a Plan Sponsor.
- Utilized JAWS screen reader and DQ World space tools to test the Program Website and Secure Website for the Section 508 compliant as per the Federal Government standards
- Created data for User Acceptance Testing and coordinated with users for UAT testing.
- CommonLook Software was used to test PDF User Guide for 508 compliant such as readability and screen shot alt-attributes.
- Extensively used DiffDoc Professional tool to compare the documents for program website for the accuracy of the content.
- Have written simple SQL statements for data verification at the backend .
- Trained in HIPAA Eligibility Transaction System (HETS Application) in which 270 and 271 transactions are used.
Environment: Quality Center 10.0, PRPC for Work Flow Manager 5.0, QTP 10.0, DiffDoc professional, JAWS 8.0, Oracle 10g, DB Visualizer, Windows NT/XP, Java