- More than 6 years of Quality Assurance and Software Testing experience involving complex client/server and web based applications.
- Good experience in Software Application Development Projects that follow the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies and best practices.
- Good expertise in the review and documentation of system test plans; creating and executing test scripts, test cases and data sets on the basis of product release features, client requirements, and technical documents.
- Proficient in both Manual and Automation Testing with ability to manage the automation of the entire testing cycles and leading the testing team.
- Strong Business expertise in Requirements Analysis utilizing Automated tools to import and document specifications.
- Hands on experience in various SDLC methodologies like Agile and Waterfall model.
- Experienced in different type of testing such as Smoke, Black box, GUI, Functional, Integration, Ad - hoc, System, Front-end, UAT, Regression, Web service and Security.
- Experienced in using HP ALM/Quality Center for Manual testing, creating Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Proficient in using HP ALM/Quality Center for Test Planning, Test Designing, Test Analysis, Test Execution, Defect Tracking and Reporting.
- Experienced in using PL/SQL to Provided Technical Support to develop the requirement.
- Experienced in Capturing data from CSA and inserted the data into data base using QTP/UFT.
- Proficient in Generating automated test scripts using QTP/UFT.
- Ability to compare pc side data and Mainframe side data using QTP/UFT.
- Experienced in Test automation, creating and executing automated test scripts in Soap UI.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work extra hours when needed.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, organizes, negotiate, and make important decisions.
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, DB2
Applications: MS Office, MS Visio, MS Excel
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, HP ALM, HP QTP, UFT, JIRA
Operating systems: Windows, UNIX/Linux
Programming Language: Visual Basic, SQL, PL/SQL, VB Script
Confidential, Washington, D.C
- Presented test cases at cross functional test case peer review meetings with internal and external teams of Testers, Developers, Business analysts and product management teams; Made modification based on recommendations.
- Created and executed Test Cases, Test Scripts after reviewing the business requirement documents and technical specifications.
- Examined business functionalities, reviewed requirements, studied Use case Specifications and designed test cases to satisfy both business and functional requirements in an evolving environment.
- Performed Manual Testing for the EDI transactions.
- Conducted GAP analysis and filling gap according to the format set by HIPAA.
- Involved in FACETS Implementation, involved end-to-end testing of FACETS Billing, Claim Processing and Subscriber/Member module.
- Uploaded the diagnosis codes, procedure codes to the related tables in test environment to verify the changes related to ICD9 - ICD-10 changes.
- Prepared Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test environment, Test data, Test Matrix, Reports.
- Responsible for creating and updating existing test cases against new CRs.
- Used SOAP UI to Submit Data into Application and checked Data indignity in Front End and Back End.
- Planed, scheduled, coordinated and performed Smoke test, Back-End test, Functional test, GUI, Regression test, Ad-hock test, Black box test, visual test, integration test, system test, and End-To-End test.
- Identified, Documented, and Tracked software defects using HP ALM.
- Created projects in HP ALM with requirements, test cases, automation scripts and defects.
- Responsible for writing complex SQL Queries to find out that the data is correctly populated in each field.
- Developed and enhanced the SQL/PLSQL scripts and tested them.
- Created Automation framework for testing Enterprise application in UFT.
- Utilized Data Driven Framework and Keyword Driven Framework for developing UFT test scripts.
- Created and executed automation scripts in UFT.
- Developed documentation for User Acceptance Testing and trained the users about the system.
- Developed traceability matrix to trace requirements during the QA testing phase and maintained requirements traceability matrix (RTM).
- Documented Test Metrics for defects on daily, weekly and module basis.
- Arranged meetings with team to present the updates on testing and to discuss the details on current numbers of defects with defects status.
Environment: SQL Server, MS Office, Windows, MS Project, HP ALM, UFT, PHP, .Net, C#, CSS, SOAP UI, VB Script, XML, UNIX, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook.Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Participated in both business and system requirement reviews where discussions supported product knowledge and product testing strategies; also supported BSAs in requirements gathering.
- Created the knowledge base documents based on reviews and tests which helped in better testing efforts.
- Verified and updated the test cases and test reports for the changes in the existing/new features.
- Involved in Front End testing and Compatibility testing of the Web based applications.
- Performed Smoke, Integration, Connectivity, System, Functional, Positive-Negative, Regression, End-to-End, and Ad-Hoc testing across entire software application.
- Using HP ALM for logging business requirements, test cases and generating test execution & defect reports.
- Created Business Process Tests by dragging and dropping the Business components in HP ALM.
- Wrote SQL Queries for fetching data from database and creating Data file for the Automation.
- Developed user acceptance test scripts using UFT.
- Conducted Functional and Regression Testing using UFT.
- Executed UFT scripts from ALM Test lab.
- Used UFT for Automating manual test cases for regression testing and for storing,
- Developed Automated Test Cases for web services in Soap UI.
- Actively involved and Interacted with Business Analysts and developers to resolve technical issues through UAT to production.
- Documented the test results and test processes.
- Responsible for daily and weekly status updates showing the progress of the manual testing activities.
Environment: MS SQL Server, Web Services, MS Excel, MS Office, MS Outlook, HP ALM, UFT, Java, Java Script, MS Visio, PowerPoint, Windows, UNIX, C, C++, CSS, .Net, VBScript.Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Provided technical guidance, when needed to other members of Quality Assurance, Software Engineering.
- Developed test plan, wrote test cases and executed test cases from stories for the application under test.
- Analyzed requirements provide testing scope and proposed the testing methodologies.
- Worked on Agile software development environment where performed testing in each sprint.
- Performed System, Integration, Regression, Testing.
- Responsible for installing Quality Center/ALM in the development.
- Reported found issues and tracked them in the Quality Center/ALM.
- Performed back-end testing using SQL queries to ensure accurate information is uploaded to the SQL database.
- Created and maintained back-end system in QTP/UFT.
- Involved with Transferred scripts using QTP/UFT.
- Managed the Complete Testing process in QTP/UFT.
- Involved in testing Web Services using SOAP UI.
- Participated in tool evaluation project.
- Actively partook in bug solution meetings with QA team and developers.
Environment: Quality Center/ALM, QTP/UFT, Soap UI, MS Visio,C, C++, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows, MS Excel, Java, Java Script, HTML, Agile, MS Office, UNIX.