- Over 5 years of experience in Testing Methodologies and Software Quality Assurance. Experience working with various industries such as Retail/ecommerce and Telecom.
- Strong experience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing.
- Expertise in using Mercury Interactive Automated Testing tools Win Runner, LoadRunner, QTP, and Quality Center.
- Exposure to both Manual and Automated Testing of applications developed on Windows and UNIX platform.
- Extensive experience with the testing of e - Commerce, Internet, Intranet and mobile applications
- Experienced in developing Test Plans, Test Cases based upon the business requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC methodologies.
- Experienced in testing Client/Server and Web-Based Applications.
- Experience with Mobile application testing - Iphone, Andorid, Blackberry and feature phones using Simulator "Device anywhere".
- Worked on various mobile applications on Andorid, Apple, RIM, BREW &WinM platforms on Blackberry, iPhones, Andorid phones, Nexus &iPads using Device Anywhere Automation Tool
- Experience in Black Box, Positive, Negative, Data-driven, Unit, Integration, System, Front-End and Back-End Testing.
- Good knowledge on the usage of the tool Device anywhere to access the mobile devices remotely.
- Experience working within a live web application, mobile and desktop (Win & iOS).
- Hands on experience with ADB Commands/Logcat
- Experience in API Testing.
- Experience in Appium Testing.
- Has good knowledge in testing applications in various industry domains like Mobile Apps, Retail/ecommerce.
- Experience testing mobile applications on iOS, iPhone, iPad, and Andorid
- Also experienced in Regression and Functional Testing.
- Proficiency in interacting with Oracle, SQL Server and DB2 databases using SQL.
- Used Test Director/MQC for Bugs reporting and communicating to developers, product support and test team members.
- Conducted Parameterization to data tables, system performance tuning, heavy data-driven testing created object repositories in QTP.
- Expertise in Oracle table data manipulation using SQL queries and UNIX commands.
- Participated in design Walkthroughs and Inspection meetings to review Test scripts and results.
- Extensive working experience in Oracle on UNIX Environment.
Testing Tools: WinRunner, QTP, LoadRunner, Selenium, SOAP UI
Bug Reporting Tools: TestDirector, Quality Center, Bugzilla, JIRA, Tempest
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, DB2
Query Tools: TOAD, MS SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Analyzer, SQL+, My SQL
Mobile OS: Windows Mobile OS, Andorid, Blackberry OS, IOS
Mobile Devices: Iphone, Ipad, HTC, Samsung Andorid devices, Blackberry, Windows phone
Other Tools: MS Office Suite (word, Excel, Power point, Visio)
Web Browser: Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla Firefox
Confidential, Union, NJ
Sr. QA Analyst
- Implemented a uniform QA process for dev team, business members and test team to follow.
- Create Test related documents such as Test Plan, Test Scenario, and Test Cases throughout the STLC.
- Work in Agile , scrum, and sprint environment in order to change the requirements and features set.
- Responsible for testing of mobile applications and web UI
- Developed Test scenarios, Test Scripts and Test cases based on Requirements, Detail Specification Document’s and GAP documents.
- Mainly involved in iOS devices, iPhone, iPod & iPad
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in iOS using Appium Tool.
- Also Involved in Mobile Computing testing with WP7, and Andorid apps essentials including cross-browser testing using UI framework.
- Worked on Multiple Projects: Go Big iOS project & WP7 Web Project
- Tested Installation, Uninstallation, Functionality, Touchscreen sensitivity, Voice Call and Text, Battery and Memory usage on different devices For Go Big project
- Performed functional testing of individual modules of the Application on iPhone, iPad, Andorid.
- Tested Cross-functionality scenarios with the app, including voice call disruption, text message disruption, and emergency call testing etc.
- Tested the mobile applications in both Native and Web environments and validated the mobile application functionality on physical smart phone hardware devices and virtual device emulators like: Device Anywhere, perfecto mobile and Simulators like: Andorid SDK, iOS SDK etc.
- Tested Android Video/Audio Telephone features and debugs the failures by analyzing ADB logs
- Performed Browser Compatibility Testing.
- Perform Device Testing on Various Cellular and Tablet device for IOS.
- Created and executed Unix/Linux Scripting to automate the QA& Database Functions
- Participated in release meetings.
- Involved in coordinating with SME to discuss different scenarios Confidential the time of scripting Test Cases.
- Actively participated Agile and scrum meetings, review and developed test scenarios.
- Followed Agile Methodology to emphasize on real time communication over written documentation.
- Analyzed system requirements and developed detailed Test Plan.
- Help review and contribute to product documentation
- Executed shell scripts in Unix/Linux, FTP the log files from UNIX to Window and emailed to developers in debug the defect
- Attended JAD sessions and workshops with BAs, SMEs, Network Administrators and Developers also participated in the SCRUM meetings to work on various user stories and sprint backlogs.
- Created test scenarios and test cases for different sprints/iterations
- Developed and maintained Test & Traceability Matrices
- Performed SIT, Interface, Data Driven, Smoke and backend testing manually and using automation tools like QTP.
- Used SQL queries to do backend testing to perform data validation, data migration/data conversion validation.
- Used emulator and device anywhere to perform mobile testing for AUT.
- Participated in SCRUM of SCRUM meetings.
- Tested applications and documented results and bugs including documentation of information useful in the debugging process
Environment: iOS, Andorid , Blackberry OS,WP7,devices like Samsung, iPhone, iPad, HTC, Websphere, Mainframe, Selenium, SoapUi, Rest, Power HMS, JIRA, QTP, MS SQL Server, Linux, Perl, Caliber RM, Perfecto Mobile, Java, J2EE, XML, HTML, Etc
Confidential, Warren, NJ
- Worked with SMEs for SUT and provided an overview and knowledge regarding various modules of application to test team members.
- Analyzing user/business requirements, writing test plans for positive & negative scenarios for functional, GUI & security testing
- Testing the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) and Calling IVR to activate VVM accounts
- Work in Agile, scrum, and sprint environment in order to change the requirements and features set.
- Developed test scripts for mobile applications on Andorid, Apple, RIM &WinM platforms using Device Anywhere
- Used agile methodology to come up with test scenarios and test cases.
- Performed rigorous manual testing such smoke testing, Integration testing, Regression Testing, End to End Testing and System Testing.
- Working on iOS and Andorid versions of the apps.
- Tested the UI of the end product on mobile, PC, tablets, Andorid and Apple platforms to ensure that language translation and currency conversions were displaying as required
- Execution Sanity, Regression, Stress & Boundary test cases for applications on Andorid (Samsung tablet & Nexus) Apple, iPhones, iPads& iMac, Win, browsers.
- Requested different versions of iOS, Andorid and Blackberry mobile devices
- Analyzed the Crash reports on various mobile platforms and reported to the development team
- Responsible for defect management includes, defect logging, defect tracking & defect closure
- Performed browser compatibility and configuration testing on various operating systems such as Blackberry OS, Andorid OS, iOS etc.
- Performed extensive mobile app testing on the SoundTouch application on different platforms (iPad, iPhone, iPod, Android), examined issues with Bluetooth functionality, streaming music, account creation, playback capability, and glitches in the GUI.
- Tested mobile Bluetooth products such as the SoundLink Mini I, SoundLink Mini II, SoundLink mini III, and SoundLink Color - targeted Bluetooth states such as “ready to pair”, “connection”, and “connected”, for defects. Conducted additional testing for Bluetooth connectivity range, maximum number of Bluetooth devices allowed in a pairing list, and cleaning the pairing list.
- Validate Data Grid and Data Tables for expected results during Unit Testing cycle using SQL queries
- Fully integrated with Quality Center for Test Management activities, Report creation, created separate test sets for each release based on the severity
- Analyzing Test results & automatically submit defect to Quality Center
- Performed Database testing using SQL queries
- Edited all test scripts by introducing various check points such as Page Checkpoints, Text Checkpoints, HTML Table checkpoints, DB Check points etc.
- Experience in setting up the platform for mobile testing. Testing on Multiple versions of the devices and OS.
Environment: Oracle, SQL, Java, Asp.net, QTP, Quality Center, Soap UI, XML, Perl, Quick Test Pro, UNIX, Web logic, Andorid, iOS, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry RIM, Andorid SDK, iOS SDK, Perfecto Mobile, Windows Mobile, Emulators, Share Point, UNIX, etc.
Confidential, Huntsville, AL
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases to test the Screens and
- Ability to work using cross functional using agile Methodology.
- Converted Business Requirements and Design Documentation into Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Created description object with specified properties and values during run time, to use instead of logical names in test scripts.
- Performed Web testing to check for broken links in a page.
- Performed Regression Testing, Functional, UAT and Ad-hoc testing.
- Performed Grey Box, Black box testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Design, analyze and performed Integration and wrote System requirements on different leading
- Interface testing by comparing flat files from the exchange information against application.
- Rigorously tested SQL ’s implementation of existing code.
- Used Quality Center bug tracking tool to analyze & capture bugs, track and manage dashboard any type of updates for project release.
- Performed UAT Testing against User Requirements.
- Review application enhancements with UAT tester and business testers
- Followed the Agile Methodology to emphasize on real time communication over written documentation
- Used Agile Methodology to minimize risk by implementing software development in short time boxes or iterations.
- Performed backend testing for data validation using SQL Queries.
- Performed Web Testing to check for broken links in a page.
- Performed Acceptance, Usability, Cross-Platform and Regression Testing during different stages of the application development.
- Used Quality Center to store Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and for bug tracking.
- Categorized bugs based on the severity and interacted with developers to resolve them.
- Extensively used Microsoft Office Suite of products for documentation and data interpretation.
- Participated in Triage Meetings, weekly status meetings with IT and business people.
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Center, XML, SQL, MS Office Suite
Confidential, Oak Brook, IL
- Installed and tested the application on Windows, Linux servers.
- Contributed to preparation of test cases as per the functionality using Business requirements and Use cases, executing the test cases.
- Involved in the testing of the source Database (Oracle) and the target Data warehouse to ensure the data integrity using SQL Navigator
- Developed/ Created Test Scenarios, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test cases, Test Scripts, Test Data for the Applications.
- Performed Manual Testing by Unit Testing, Integration Testing using Quality Center for the test cases.
- Performed Backend Testing of the application by writing SQL queries and writing UNIX Shell Scripts.
- Wrote SQL statements by inserting, deleting, updating data from the database to test new entry, update, and delete actions of the client application or interaction of application and database with database server.
- Created and maintained SQL Scripts and UNIX Shell scripts to perform back-end testing on the oracle database.
- Performed manual testing in the UNIX environment.
- Involved in all phases of Bug Life cycle and managed defects, Logging defects, Logoff defects, Contact us module etc
- Performed data validations Confidential various levels using Oracle to check the data integrity, also conducted testing by executing complex SQL queries using TOAD.
- Worked with Win Runner for Automation of Test Cases and for Record, Playback, working with Check Points etc.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing, Regulatory Testing using the various checkpoint features in Win Runner.
- Reported defects using Win Runner, Test Director and interacted with the development team to resolve any defects/issues and worked with Rational Clear Quest.
- Worked with Load Runner for Performance Testing, Created Virtual Users (Vusers), determined Maximum load, Break Point.
- Actively involved in Unit/System/System Integration testing on the client as well as on the users end
- Actively involved in all phases of testing Including User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: Win Runner, Test Director, Load Runner, Rational Clear Quest, MS Office 2007, MS Visio, XML, SQL Server 2000/2005, TOAD, UNIX.