- Over 4+ Years of diversified experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing on Client/Server, Windows based and Web based applications.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Software Testing Life (STLC) and the Role of QA.
- Extensively experience in analyzing business requirements and specifications, development and execution of Test Plans, Test Scripts, and Test Cases.
- Involved in Manual testing & Tracking defects using Quality Center and Rally.
- Good working knowledge on Windows and UNIX Environment.
- Involved in Writing, updating and maintaining the Test documents for various stages of Testing for reference and auditing purpose.
- Strong experience in all levels of Testing such as Positive testing, Negative testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Black box testing, Cross Browsers testing.
- Expertise in problem solving and bug tracking reports using bug tracking tools.
- Excellent organization, analytical and problem - solving skills and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Experience in maintaining Test Matrix, Traceability Matrix & performing GAP analysis to verify that test cases meets the end client requirements.
- Proficient in cross browser testing (IE, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari).
- Expertise in all stages of Software Development Life cycle (SDLC).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the SDLC within Web, Client/Server & Mainframe environment.
- Highly proficient with MS Office suite (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and outlook).
- Strong knowledge of guidelines of agile flavor of scrum methodology in software development phases.
- Strong working knowledge on databases such as Oracle and MS SQL server.
Testing and Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center8.2, HP ALM, Rally, JIRA, Team Track, Bugzilla, Soap UI, JMeter
Microsoft Tools: MS office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), TFS (Team foundation server), MTM (Microsoft test management)
Languages: HTML, SQL, Java, Visual Basic 6.0, Php
Database: SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle
Operating System: Windows, MAC, UNIX, Android and IOS
Cross Browser Testing: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari
Methodologies: Agile, and Waterfall, Scrum, Kanban
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Document to understand the business process and wrote test cases and mocked test data for both positive and negative test scenarios.
- Uploaded and managed test requirements and test cases in Quality Center.
- Performed Functional, System, System Integration, GUI, Ad hoc and UAT testing.
- Executed Regression test cases, documented test results and reported and tracked defects.
- Stored Pass/Fail results in project folder and/or in Quality Center and retested and closed fixed defects.
- Performed Smoke testing after the build deployment on a weekly basis after the defect fixes.
- Auditing business and functionality necessity documents and recognized test scenarios.
- Retesting defects and making necessary updates in Quality Center.
- Attend meetings with business analysts and developers to discuss defects.
- Involved in Scrum type of agile methodology testing.
- Performing Functional testing, Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing, and End to End Testing.
- Send daily project updates to senior management.
- Performing Interface testing- Validating data content and format on XML files that sent and received from third party vendors.
- Meeting with Management, Developers, and Business Analysts to design functional specifications before each Release.
- Using Quality Center to customize users and user groups.
- Using Quality Center to create and maintain new Domains and Projects.
- Creating Regression test sets for various test projects and updating the test set after each test cycle.
- Participated in the team for User Acceptance Testing.
- Performed back-end testing using SQL queries.
- Mentored and built skills in more junior members/new hires of the QA team.
- Performed Positive and Negative Testing manually.
- Performed Sanity Testing & Smoke Testing manually.
- Participated in the project meetings.
- Mobile Testing of multiple web properties.
- Mobile compatibility testing on numerous IOS, Android and Windows devices.
- Participated in the building and maintenance of the automation framework
- Executed and analyzed automated scripts.
- Created reusable automated test scripts using Selenium and other automation tools.
- Writing Master Quality Plans for telephony system deployments.
- Writing Functional Test Cases for Interactive Voice Response systems.
- Writing Functional Test Cases for Call Center Telephony systems.
- Writing Master Quality Plans for Insurance Lead Pricing and Distribution systems.
- Running Functional Test Executions and recording the results.
- Creating and tracking defects through to remediation and successful retesting.
- Mentoring Junior Quality Assurance Analyst.
- Selecting Functional Test Cases as ready for automation and verifying that the Developers in Test had captured the requirements correctly.
- Collaborated with two offshore QA Analysts.
- Ensured the consistent execution of regression testing methodology for companywide solutions at the offshore QA service provider, ensuring on time release of system updates with mitigation.
- Reviewed business requirements documents to document business rules.
- Involved in writing the Test Procedure document for the web and mobile application.
- Created strategy document that defines the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Created Test plan using Scratch and Test cases and registered the expected results.
- Involved in System testing, Acceptance testing of Statement Processing, Non-Statement Cycle Processing, Banking, Purge Processing, Online API modules.
- Created functionality test cases after establishing critical values and workflow.
- Gathered Test data for executing SQL Queries.
- Involved in updating the Test Procedure document, iteratively, whenever a Change Request is done.
- Involved in System, Functional, Integration, Regression and User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in writing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts for some of the modules of the application under test (AUT).
- Used strong technical ability and established quality standards to verify and validate assigned software products, components, or function sets throughout their development cycles.
- Tested the system using SQL commands for back end testing on the database.
- Written Stored Procedures using PL/SQL and queries using SQL.
- Used GUI checkpoints to check the attributes of the application across several builds and versions. Also used bitmap, database, text, etc. checkpoints while testing the application.
- Manually conducted cross-browser testing with Chrome, Safari and I.E.
- Identified and documented all the defects to ensure application software functionality for present as well as future builds.
- Interacted with Development and QA Teams to ensure overall quality of the software.
- Performed extensive API testing using SoapUI.