- 6 years of Experience in the field of software quality testing (SQA), specializing in Automation testing with expertise in automated and manual testing.
- Performed QA of Web based and Client - Server applications using effective use of QA & Testing practice.
- Software QA tester with full system development lifecycle experience, including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test processes fueling swift corrective actions, significant cost savings and fault-free audits.
- SQA Testing & Methodologies Test Plans, Cases & Processes Functional Requirements Scripting & Documentation Data Driven testing. Regression & Negative Testing UI & Compatibility Testing Data Interface & Migration Testing Backend testing Keyword driven testing. Testing Automation
- Defect / Bug Tracking Test Strategies & Coverage’s QA & QC Standards.
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience, involved in requirement analysis, design, development, testing, and maintenance with working experienced in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall environments.
- Proficient in developing and executing high quality Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts from Requirements documents, Functional specification, Detail Design Documents, and wireframes.
- Experienced coordinating and working with offshore and onsite team(QA, Dev, PM, BA)
- Solid understanding of quality assurance and software development methodology tools, techniques, best practices and has excellent problem solving skills in regards to web based application environments.
- Strong knowledge of BDD implements Cucumber.
- Good Knowledge of writing Scenarios from the Features using Gherkin syntax.
- Managing Test data using data tables in Scenarios.
- Using inline tables to reduce duplicate code.
- Good working experience in open source Automation tools: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium RC, Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid.
- Experienced in writing Selenium or WebDriver modules from scratch.
- Developed framework using Junit, TestNG, and Page Object Model.
- Running test suite and generating XSLT reports through TESTNG/JUNIT.
- Experience with Selenium frameworks like Hybrid frameworks.
- Hands on experience with any code configuration tool like SVN.
- Strong knowledge of builds management tools like Maven, Ant.
- Hands on experience of continuous integration tool Jenkins.
- Prepare Automated Scripts based on functional flows.
- Hands on experience Selenium Grid to provide parallel ability for running functional tests.
- Skilled in Manual Testing, Automated Testing, Documenting Test Results and logging/tracking defects.
- Experienced using HP Application Life Cycle Management (QC) and JIRA for global test management, bug tracking and reporting.
- Skilled with finding Gaps and outlining appropriate approach for testing.
- Experienced in difference types of testing; End to End, Functional, Integration, GUI, Regression and UAT.
- Good knowledge in Web Fundamentals: HTML, XML, CSS, VBScript, Ajax
- Strong object oriented programming skills with competency in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Good knowledge in multiple programming languages: Java, VBScript, Ruby.
- Solid Knowledge in Object Oriented Programming Concept such as -Inheritance, Polymorphism, Abstraction, Encapsulation, Interface, Class, Abstract Class, Object, Static, non Static variables methods etc.
- Strong knowledge of database SQL Languages, querying Tools using Oracle, MySQL and proficient at performing Database Testing, data manipulation, checking constraints etc.
- Good working experience in using SQL different join like inner join, left join, right join, self join etc.
- Good knowledge in Web Service testing using SoapUI and Rest API.
- Understanding of web application communications and structure including HTTP, client/server interactions, and data access models.
- Ability to meet deadlines and have flexibility in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work in a Team as well as independently producing desired results.
- Strong Analytical Skill, mindset, multi-tasking, with research, problem solving and ability quickly learn new tools and technology.
Testing Software Tools: Selenium WebDriver/Grid/RC/IDE, Firebug/QTP, SOAPUI
Languages: Java, Ruby, VBScript, SQL, PL/SQL, XML
RDBMS: SQL Server2000, Oracle, MS: Access
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center, JIRA, Rally
Confidential, Melville, NY
Software Test Engineer
- Represented QA function in Agile Sprints.
- Assisted BA with writing design documents & identified the requirements that will require testing for the project.
- Analyzed business requirements to determine necessary testing scenarios for Confidential project.
- Involved in defining scope for testing within the context of each sprint / delivery.
- Developed Selenium Web Driver test cases using Java, Test NG framework.
- Developed automation framework for Selenium WebDriver in Hybrid frameworks.
- Leveraged Java (Eclipse IDE) to access and test various operations. Performed Regression Testing using Test NG framework and executed assertions.
- Developed Maven Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium Web Driver (java).
- Implemented automation framework Data-Driven testing to verify the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Validated the database by executing SQL queries.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web Driver and Test NG.
- Coordinated with technical support associates to fix proprietary software issues.
- Used Firebug, and XPath to work with the application objects.
- Performed functional, integration testing with various systems using SOAP UI for testing Rest services.
- Used Jira for bug tracking.
Environment: Java, Test NG, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, Jira, SOAP UI, SQL Server.
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
Software Test Engineer
- Design, develop, execute and maintain automated test scripts using Selenium test automation tool
- Analyzed business requirements to determine necessary testing scenarios for the project.
- Coordinated and attended review sessions to review test cases with the Developers.
- Analyzed the information to provide a complete picture of the business workflow.
- Used multiple scenarios to test data entering into appropriate data bases as described in test plans.
- Actively participated in meetings with representative of end users.
- Documentation of test processes and results in Mercury Quality Center.
- Queried in SQL to validate data within the database.
- Reviewed business requirements for Comcast projects and prepared Test cases
- Involved in both Manual testing and Automation.
- Verified different functionalities.
- Verified Comcast flow for order management and customer management modules.
- Ran Serviceability service to make sure that service is available for that address.
- Verified Product catalog returned by user and also current Promotions, Features and Customizations associated with each product.
- Created automation framework for complex scenarios and performed Functional and Regression Testing for various releases using Selenium 2.0(WebDriver) and TestNG
- Performed cross Browser compatibility testing on different Operating Systems using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used JIRA for defect tracking purpose.
- Worked closely with developers to verify functionality of the application.
- Attended daily project scrum meetings and weekly team status meetings.
- Used SOAPUI Pro for RESTFul and SOAP web services.
- Validated XML and WSDL response using SOAPUI.
Environment: Java, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver/IDE, ANT, Jira, SOAP UI, and MySQLAgile/Scrum.
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
- Worked with Development team in order to create test strategy for Confidential project/ Confidential Management System.
- Involved in the process of creating the Business Requirements for our Internal & External applications.
- Involved in providing high level & detail estimates for the QA efforts in testing an application.
- Involved in creation of Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Regression Checklist and Procedural documentation.
- Developed the Automation test scripts using QTP
- Designing and implementing the front-end test automation scripts using QTP
- Utilized various advanced QTP techniques including database, data driven, bitmap, regular expression checkpoints; multi-action tests, recovery scenarios, custom run settings.
- As an SME of the Business Process; identified critical functionalities of the application to develop Automation Framework.
- Involved in Compatibility testing in different browsers to avoid customer drop off on sites.
Environment: VBScript, QTP, QC, MySql