- 9 years of Software Quality Assurance (QA) experience testing Data Warehouse, Database (ETL & BI), Web, and Client - Server Systems and Applications for Pharmaceutical, Trade and stock Exchange, Manufacturing Industry, Insurance and Taxation.
- Experience in Defining Testing Methodologies; creating Test Plans and Test Cases, Verifying and Validating Application Software and Documentation based on standards for Software Development and effective QA implementation in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- 5+ years with SQL/PLSQL and expertise in writing SQL Queries.
- In depth technical knowledge and understanding of Data Warehousing, Data Validations, UNIX, SQL, PL/SQL, OLAP, XML, SQL Server, Oracle, and ETL.
- Extensive experience with automation tools: HP Quality Center, QTP(Quick Test Pro), Cucumber
- Experience in Testing Database Applications of RDBMS in ORACLE 10g, ORACLE 8i, MS SQL Server, DB2 and MS Access.
- Experience in using test management and defect tracking tools like HP Quality Center, Test Central, JIRA, Bugzilla, IBM Rational ClearQuest and ClearCase.
- Identifying the Test Requirements based on User Requirements and Design Specifications and Developing Traceability matrix between requirements and Test cases to ensure adequate test coverage.
- Specialized in analyzing the Functional Specifications and writing detailed Test Cases, execution of test scenarios, analyzing the actual results against the expected results, creation of test data and automation of test cases for system and regression testing and analyzing bug tracking reports.
- Experienced in System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, UAT, Performance, Load and Volume testing.
- Experience in creating Requirements Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements.
- Worked closely with development and product management teams to design tests that will ensure goals are met prior to final deployment.
- Well versed with Manual and Automated Testing methodologies and principles.
- Strong Experience in data Maintenance and Support which uses Oracle 11g/10g/9i databases, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL* Loader in windows NT and Unix environment.
- Experience in Performance Tuning of SQL and Stored Procedures.
ETL Tools: Informatica 8.1/7.1.2/6.1. X (Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor),Parallel Extender, Data Mining, EME, Data Profiler, SSIS
Test Mgmt Tools: Test Director, HP Quality Center, Rational Quality Manager
Mercury Interactive: Cucumber, QuickTestPro9.5/9.2/8.0, WinRunner 9.2/9.0/8.0/7.5, LoadRunner9.2/9.0/8.0, TestDirector9.0/8.0/7.5, Quality Center9.0/8.2
IBM Rational Suite: Rational Performance Tester 8.0/7.0, Rational Clear Quest 7.1/7.0.1, Rational Clear Case 7.1/7.0.1/7.0.0
Bug Reporting: Rational Clear Quest, Test Director, MS Access, Bug Zilla.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, XML, Shell Scripting.
Operating Systems: Windows Vista/ XP/NT/2000, AIX UNIX, LINUX
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i/8i/7.3, MS SQL Server 6.5/7.0/7.5/2005, IBM DB2, Teradata V2R6
Web Development: HTML, XML, VBScript, Java Script, XSLT
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Lead QA/ETL Tester
- Knowledge in FIX message protocol and architecture, have worked in FIX message validations and book management.
- Analysis of Business requirements, test scenario authoring, test case creation in ATE tool - Cucumber and CME tool - Brio.
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing).
- Responsible to design, develop and test the software (Informatica, PL SQL, UNIX shell scripts) to maintain the data marts (Load data, Analyze using OLAP tools).
- Executed test scripts in Eclipse (IDE) - Java virtual environment.
- Unix box navigation and Log validations - vi editor /Shell scripting.
- Database testing using SQL queries for data verification in backend tables
- Analyzed business requirements and module-specific functionalities to identify test requirements and formulate an effective master test plan.
- Analyzed Functional Requirements and Use cases and developed Test Plans, Test cases and Test scripts and Traceability matrix.
- Performed Unit, functional, integration, regression, UAT, Performance and end to end testing for this project.
- Extensively used Oracle/Teradata to write SQL Queries to verify and validate the Database Updates.
- Involved in writing SQL queries with joins and filters to validate the Referential integrity and Data integrity between different related tables in the Data ware house.
- Modified and maintained test cases with changes in application interface and navigation flow.
- Conducted weekly batch testing to in corporate changes in new builds.
- Provided the management with weekly QA documents like test metrics, reports, and schedules.
- Analyzed the business requirements and Functional Specs for developing Test Plan and the Test Strategy.
- Tested both conditional formatting and threshold level testing for several reports developed in Microstrategy.
- Tested several business reports including Score Cards, KPI's, Summarized, Master-Detailed and Drill Down reports developed by Microstregy
- Tested/Created/maintained MicroStrategy metadata for the projects and performed user administration
- Conducted Test plan reviews, Test case reviews.
- Worked on traceability matrix to map Test cases against Requirements using Quality Center.
- Validated ETL DW load statistics and Data mart Loads on an Ongoing Basis
- Validated Source - Target mappings applying various transformation rules and Business Rules.
- Executing the SQL statements to extract data from tables and verify the output data with ref to user inputs from browser page.
- Involved in testing reports and closely worked with operations, and Release teams to resolve the production issues.
- Worked in creating scenarios for row count validations in EDW.
- Created test sets based on scenarios to validate EDW.
- Participated in Defect Review, Actuarial Review meetings periodically
- Test management is done using HP Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center Test Management tool for create and execute the Test cases, Test scripts and Defect Tracking and Defect Reporting.
- Participated in creating UNIX Shell scripts to automate the daily and weekly extracts.
- Performed database backend testing by field level validation and stored procedures validation in SQL to verify data integrity and consistency.
- Responsible for reviewing and modifying test scripts after initial iterations of testing phases to in corporate changes in project environment.
- Supported release verification testing from QA Team during the production release and coordinate overall testing effort.
- Working Experience with Agile Development Methodology
Environment: Cucumber, Bamboo scheduler, Eclipse JEE Juno SR2 4.2, Informatica 8.1/7.1.2/6.1. X (Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor), MicroSrategy 8.0.2, IBM DB2, SQL Server 2008, HP Quality Center 11.0, VB Script, Shell scripts, Oracle 10g, Sequential files, Flat files, SQL, PL/SQL, Shell scripts, UNIX, Windows XP.
Lead QA Tester
- Analysis of Business requirements & Design Specification Document to determine the functionality of the ETL Processes.
- Prepared Test Plan from the Business Requirements and Functional Specification.
- Developed Test Cases for Deployment Verification, ETL Data Validation, Cube Testing and Report testing.
- Tested several different types of reports including Report Layout, Naming Conventions, Totals,Sub-Totals,Drilling options, prompts, metric calculations, drill maps and security filters using Microstrategy
- Highly experienced in various features of MicroStrategy like managing multiple projects, project migration and defining standards, procedures for development, production environment and maintenance of these environments to ensure the security
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tool - Source Analyzer, Data warehousing designer, Mapping & Mapplet Designer and Transformation .
- Promoted Unix/Informatica application releases from development to QA and to UAT environments as required.
- Loaded data and metadata from flat files through Hyperion Application Link to the Planning application using planning, flat file, and other adapters
- As a part of team, involved in carrying out disaster recovery procedures on Hyperion Testing
- Worked on Web forms using Hyperion Planning for various planning scenarios
- Experience in testing web services using SOAP UI.
- Experience in Browser Compliance test case development and execution.
- Experience in automation testing using tools like Quick Test Pro (QTP), Selenium and NITRO box.
- Extensive Manual testing experience of various web based applications.
- Created test plan and test cases from the business requirements to match the project’s initiatives in Quality Center.
- Experience on Enterprise Tax Management (ETM) V2.2
- Used SQL for Querying the UDB DB2 database in UNIX environment
- Verified the data in DW tables after extracting the data from source tables by writing SQL queries using TOAD
- Involved in Database tuning to enhance the application performance.
- Tested SQL queries, PL/SQL scripts to validate the data and performance of the database.
Environment: QTP, Tivoli batch scheduler, SOAP UI, Informatica 8.1/7.1.2/6.1. X (Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor), MicroSrategy 8.0.2,IBM DB2, SQL Server 2008, HP Quality Center 11.0, VB Script, Shell scripts, Oracle 10g, Sequential files, Flat files, SQL, PL/SQL, Shell scripts, UNIX, Windows XP.
Confidential, Libertyville, IL
Lead . QA Tester
- Involved in Business analysis and requirements gathering..
- Generating and validating the Cognos reports based on functionality
- Extensively tested several Cognos reports for data quality, fonts, headers & cosmetic
- Written several complex SQL queries for validating Cognos Reports with the source and target system (data warehouse) data
- Documented Test Summary Report and Validation Summary Report.
- Performed segmentation to extract data and create lists to support direct marketing mailings and marketing mailing campaigns.
- Defined data requirements and elements used in XML transactions.
- Reviewed and approved database modifications
- Troubleshooting, resolving and escalating data related issues and validating data to improve data quality.
- Created and scheduled sessions and workflows using Workflow Manager to load the data into the Target Database.
- Extracted data from Oracle database, transformed it and loaded into Oracle database validating according to the design specifications.
- Validation of mappings and verification of transformations using Source Qualifier, Update Strategy, Stored Procedure and Expressions according to the business rules and technical specifications.
- Testing of mapping parameters and variables.
- Performed Gap Analysis, Risk assessment and gave remediation plan to get the systems into compliance.
- Responsible for testing and validating target data, fixing invalid mappings.
- Worked with various Sessions in a single workflow.
- Used workflow manager for session management, database connection management and scheduling of jobs.
- Written several shell scripts using UNIX Korn shell for file transfers, error log creations and log file cleanup process.
- Tested several UNIX shell scripting for File validation and also PL/SQL programming
- Involved in validating the aggregate table based on the rollup process documented in the data mapping.
- Prepared test plans/test schedules with inputs from Project manager and development team.
Environment: SQL *Loader,.IBM Mainframes, Quick Test Pro 9.2,HP Quality Center 10.0, Korn Shell Scripts Oracle11g, SQL Developer, XML, Tivoli Work scheduler.
Sr. DWH/SQL/ETL Tester
- Involved in understanding the Requirements of the end Users/Business Analysts and Developed Strategies for ETL processes.
- Responsible for Mini specifications document that describe the functionality of each subject area.
- Implemented Database Checkpoints for Back-end Testing
- Performed the Back-end Integration Testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL statements
- Experience in ETL Data Warehousing, database testing using Informatica for Workflow process.
- TOAD is used to perform manual test in regular basis. UNIX and Oracle are using in this project to write Shell Scripts and SQL queries
- Validated the data of reports by writing SQL queries in PL/SQL Developer against ODS.
- Tested several business reports developed using Business Objects including dashboard, drill-down, summarized, master-detail & Pivot reports.
- Prepared extensive set of validation test cases to verify the data
- Tested different detail, summary reports and on demand reports.
- Tuned ETL jobs/procedures/scripts, SQL queries, PL/SQL procedures to improve the system performance.
- Create custom built reports from the Control-M batch server.
- Worked as ETL Tester responsible for the requirements / ETL Analysis, ETL Testing and designing of the flow and the logic for the Data warehouse project.
- Creating and executing SQL queries to perform Data Integrity testing on an Oracle Database to validate and test data using TOAD.
- Processed a query to update a field in an Oracle database, to ensure that debt payments are allocated.
- Performed Functional Testing and Back-end Testing using the database comparable results Manually
- Worked on Informatica Power Center 7.1.4 tool - source analyzer, warehouse designer, mapping designer, workflow manager, mapplets, and Reusable Transformations.
- Extensively worked in the Unix Environment using Shell Scripts.
- Created test plans and performed unit testing for the Informatica mappings.
- Ran workflows created in Informatica by developers then compared before and after transformation of data generated to ensure that transformation was successful.
- Involved in functional, exploratory and Integration testing.
- Performed Data validity testing for reports and feeds based on client's requirement.
- Validated format of the reports and feeds.
- Created an induction manual for the ETL process.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1, Teradata V2R5/V2R6, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i, TOAD, Maestro Scheduler, Test Director 7.0, ERWIN, IBM AIX 5.1, Shell Scripting, XML, XSLT, XSD, UNIX, SQL Navigator, Business Objects 6.0, Windows NT/2000/XP.
Confidential, Mooresville NCETL Tester
- Understanding of Functional Requirement Specifications and System Requirement Specifications.
- Preparation of test scenario’s and test cases based on FD and TD documents
- Generating and validating the Cognos reports based on functionality
- Extensively tested several Cognos reports for data quality, fonts, headers & cosmetic
- Written several complex SQL queries for validating Cognos Reports with the source and target system (data warehouse) data.
- Experience on Data validation, Data merging, Data cleansing and Data aggregation activities.
- Validating the data against staging tables and warehouse
- Responsible for ETL batch jobs execution using IBM Tivoli application to load data from core database(i.e. ETM database) to Staging and Data mart tables
- Find report defects and subsequently validating the fix, repeating the process until done.
- Perform Sanity Testing, Data Driven Testing & Ad-hoc Testing when required.
- Performed Interface and Integration (SIT) Testing.
- Extensively used SQL queries for data validation and backend testing.
- Working with Data base testing Involved in Data Migration Testing and preparing documents. Functionality, Interface, and Regression testing.
- Track Sheet Maintenance and map the use case to requirement.
- Monitor Testing Activities within the team and report regular progress to the Test Manager.
- Work closely with the software engineers to ensure successful, high quality releases.
- Working with Tivoli job scheduler for submitting the jobs and monitoring the jobs
- Preparing the SQL queries to fetch the data from databases.
- Worked with job scheduler tool Tivoli for running the ETL batch jobs and monitoring the batch jobs
- Monitor security batch processing jobs in multi-platform shop via Control-M & Tidal Schedulers.