- Overall 5+ years of experience in IT industry with an emphasis on Software Quality Assurance & Testing.
- Extensive experience working in various domains like Utility & Telecom.
- Software Tester and QA analyst experience for general Software Testing - GUI, web applications as well as knowledge in test automation and various database management systems
- Test automation scripting using Selenium with different frameworks.
- Hands-on experience augmenting and enhancing existing automation frameworks based on Selenium.
- Excellent skills in preparing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, writing and executing test cases for Manual testing using HP Quality Center, Rational Test Suite and Microsoft Test Manager.
- Experience in testing Web application, Client/Server applications, Stand-alone applications and knowledge in mobile application testing.
- Experience in ETL testing which includes Data mock up, Flat file mock up, DW, EDW, Production Validation Testing, Source to Target testing, Target to Source Testing, Main Frame Testing, Batch Modernization testing, Data Completeness Testing, Data Accuracy Testing, Data Transformation Testing, Data Quality Testing, Incremental and Data UI Push testing.
- Thorough implementation knowledge of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall, V-model and Agile methodologies
- Complete STLC experience in Design, Development, Test plan formulation and Testing Methodology.
- Experience in all phases of testing including White Box, Smoke testing, Functional, System, Integration, end-user, Regression, Browser Compatibility, User Acceptance testing of web based Applications.
- Created project process documents as well as user manuals and participated in Knowledge Transfer sessions to End users.
- Having very good experience on running database scripts and writing SQL queries using Views, Joins, Where Clause, Having Clause, Order by Clauses and SQL functions for data verification and backend testing.
- Good practical experience in using HP Quality Center (QC) for test management and Jira for defects tracking purpose.
- Working knowledge in UNIX OS.
- Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Participated in various reviews and meetings with the Development team
- Effective communicator, quick thinker, rapid problem solver, good team player, self-motivated to work independently with commitment, strong work ethic and excel at turnaround scenarios
- Effective Time Management Skills and consistent ability to meet client deadline.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Good team player with excellent communication skills, vendor experience and ability to lead, manage, coordinate and work independently in a time sensitive environment.
Confidential - Saint Petersburg, FL
ETL Tester/QA Analyst
- Created Detailed Test Plan, Test Approach, Test Matrix, Test Strategy documents based on the information gathered through business requirements and design/application walkthroughs.
- Reviewed GSD/DSD, System Usability documents, Process flow diagrams, Use Cases and System Process Models for application to be tested.
- ETL testing done for EDW, DW, client servers and third party servers in Mainframe and Open Systems
- Participated in cross-team collaboration sessions to understand and inform priorities.
- Wrote test cases, test scenarios, test plans, test strategies, and test suites.
- Executed manual testing, logged bugs and closed them after regression testing.
- Created Test cases (Test scripts) using Selenium Web driver, analyzing test results and performing regression testing.
- Created automation test scripts for regression testing.
- Debug, develop, and maintain test data, test environments and automation test scripts using Selenium that validate the quality of the software product and that it is functioning as required.
- Performed Integration testing, Regression testing, Ad-hoc testing, Negative testing, End to End testing, Test for Production, ETL testing and Maintenance Testing
- Worked closely with the developers to resolve Bug Issues.
- Created Test Data and Batch Process execution.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries to test for data integrity and accuracy.
- Proven ability to multitask by working on different initiatives.
- User role testing and scope testing Followed Agile Methodology to emphasize on real time communication over written documentation.
- Interacted with developing team to resolve technical issues and investigated software faults.
Environment: Quality Center, SQL Server, JAVA, QTP, XML, WINDOWS, M.S Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint), Selenium, ETL, Agile
Confidential - Houston, TX
- Creation and execution of the various Test cases and Test scripts
- Review Business Requirement documents (BRD), Software Requirement specification (SRS) and developed Test Plan, Test Design, Test Cases, Test Script.
- Documented Manual Test cases, Test procedures and Test results.
- Extensively involved in testing Web Application.
- Performed Black Box, Manual, Functional, Regression, Integration, System tests.
- Manually tested End-to-End (E2E) applications.
- Created framework using TestNG.
- Developed Java using Selenium WebDriver in Eclipse.
- Automated the test scripts for the GUI, Functional, Data Driven and Regression testing using Selenium.
- Run multiple test cases in single class using Parameter of test cases
- Well versed with handling elements in Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed SQL Server's data validation and database queries
- Used Back-end database SQL Queries to perform data testing
- Planned and executed Back-End testing using SQL Queries to verify the dataflow from the database.
- Participated in weekly meeting and walk through to discuss Defects Priorities.
- Defects tracked and reported using Quality Center Reporting tool.
- Worked closely with development team to summarize on outstanding Issues. Created and Maintained Test Matrix and Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Participated in Triage Meetings, weekly status meetings with IT and business people
Environment: Quality Center, SQL Server, WINDOWS, M.S Office, JAVA, Selenium, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, GUI
Confidential - Waltham, MA
- Reviewing the Use Case Requirement, Functional Design Documents and Technical Specification documents.
- Developed Test Cases after analyzing the BRD’s.
- Worked with Offshore teams in coordinating Defect Meetings, Status Reports and SWOT analysis.
- Enhanced Test Scripts for Data Driven testing using QTP.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing using automation tool QTP
- Performed black box testing including smoke, regression, integration and functional testing.
- Manually tested the application and determine the customer’s payment in the system.
- Performed GUI testing manually.
- Used the Quality Center to create and maintain Test Requirements and to communicate the bugs with the Developers
- Performed Backend Testing extensively by using SQL Queries.
- Involved in testing Database Transactions & Banking Standards
- Conducted functionality testing, regression testing, Integration testing
- Tested and Quality Center for version control, tracking defects, enhancement requests, assigns work activities and asses the status of the project.
- Participated in UAT along with the business users after the application was deployed
- Uncovered issues related to the data population in the backend database queried using SQL.
- Participated in requirements, Test Scenarios, and Test Conditions walkthroughs and reviews
- Participated in the meetings to follow up on Defects/Issues
Environment: Quick Test Professional, Quality Center, DB2, Windows 2000, MS Office