- 8 years of experience working as QA Engineer for Software Development (SDLC) and Testing Life Cycle (STLC) including preparation of Test Cases, Test summary reports and good understanding of Test Plans and Test Strategy reports for both Web and Client - Server Applications.
- Highly skilled in creating and executing Manual test cases.
- Proficient in developing Test Cases, Defect tracking and Defect metrics.
- Expertise in various testing methodologies.
- Experience in all types of testing including Functional, Integration, System, Regression, Positive, Negative, Database, Sanity and User Acceptance testing.
- Knowledge in different Databases like MS SQL Server, Oracle.
- Experienced in interfacing with development teams to report bugs and track issues until resolution.
- Experienced in performing Quality Assurance duties in an Agile Project Environment.
- Participated in QA Team meetings and walkthroughs.
- Experience in documenting the testing process using MS-Office tools including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Extensive Work Experience in Automation Testing, Database Testing and Manual Testing for Applications.
- Experience creating Test Plans, thorough hands on experience with designing test cases covering all test conditions and eliminating redundancy and duplications.
- Responsible for sprint deliverables and In-sprint automation scripts using
- Tested different functions of the POS system like scanning, payments and returns. Moreover, make sure that the system met the requirements and expectations.
- Good experience in integrating Automation scripts.
- Expertise in developing, estimating, documenting, executing test cases manually, and generating automated scripts using Selenium IDE, RC and WebDriver.
- Worked on testing Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) according to HIPPA Compliance.
- Worked on Black Box testing, Database and Backend testing
- Proficient in creating automation script from scratch. Sound knowledge of developing different type of framework like Module driven, Data driven and Hybrid framework.
- Hands on experience in writing SQL Queries, extract data from MS-SQL Server, MySQL, DB2 and Oracle.
- Expert in performing different tests types, QA Methodologies: Black Box, Front-End and Back-End, Stress & Load, Regression, Configuration, Functional, Installation & Integration, Smoke, and User Acceptance Testing
- Experience understanding the code written in different programming languages Java, Python, Java Script and databases like Oracle, SQL Server.
- Writing complex SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures to extract data from various source tables.
- Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concept. Extensively used Java for test case automation.
- Experience in both Waterfall (Software Development Life Cycle -SDLC) and Agile Project Environment.
- Developed the Test Cases Client based on FSD'S and Business Rules and for Web Client Test Cases based on Use Cases, Wire Frames, Annotated Documents and Business Rules.
- Solid SQL skills, can write complex SQL queries; functions, triggers and stored procedures for Backend testing and End-to-End testing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and perform as part of a team.
Sr. ETL Tester
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Prepared test data based on data mapping document.
- Have experience in validating the business transformations by writing complex SQL queries.
- Executing Autosys jobs and validating the source and the target files.
- Performed Back end testing by writing SQL statements like Join, Inner Joins, Outer joins and Self Joins using Rapid SQL.
- Gather Test requirements from SME's and BA's and draw out a plan for releases of the requirements and enhancements for the application requested by the users and planning work for subsequent releases.
- Creating a detailed Test Strategy and Test plan for the project, Design Test Scenarios for the requirements. Review the Test senarious with the SME's and business users.
- Experience in Automation testing using tools (CA LISA), ETL testing, backend testing and creating automation testing environment.
- Writing scripts and testing SOA Web Services calls through automation using iTKO CA LISA.
- Used check points within the QTP/UFT Scripts to compare and retrieve data by using Database Checkpoints
- Tested a number of complex ETL Ab Initio graphs, for initial and daily data loads
- Tested data quality for MDM, customer data integration and Match-Merge process
- Performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) from test case design to execution and defect tracking, reviewing, analyzing, and closing.
- Used CA LISA as virtual web services when some services are down/no response.
- Install, configure and administrate CA Lisa produces like Lisa virtual service environment, Lisa Test environment on Windows, Linux operating system.
- Involved in understanding Logical and Physical Data model using Erwin Tool
- Setup HP ALM for the project with Users, access rights, folders structures, workflows and reports.
- Analyze the changes to requirements throughout the project.
- Tested the data acquisition, data transformation and data cleansing approach for the MDM implementation
- Tested Ab initio graphs for various ETL functions and transformations
- Develop the requirement traceability matrix to map the requirements to test cases, Defining test methodology to carry out the development schedule.
- Allocate the Test scenarios & scripts to Test Analysts for Test design and Test execution. Review and finalyse the test cases and Test scripts that are designed.
- Work with team to ensure test environments are setup and test data are available for test execution
- Allocate the Test cases for Execution. Monitor and track the progress of Test execution and the various cycles involved
- Experienced in maintaining test scripts with UFT/QuickTest Professional (QTP)
- Testing of Ab Initio graphs and Autosys scripts for job scheduling, executing the test cases, raising the bugs in QC and closing them for all the modules
- Implementing logical and physical data modeling with STAR schema using Erwin in Data Marts
- Chair the Defect Triage meeting with the various stakeholders and resolving defect clarifications raised.
- Interacting with onsite and offshore team in resolving their problems.
- Regular interaction with the offshore team manager/leader and Quality Assurance using the proprietary tools of HCL.
- Preparing and sending out the weekly status report to the client and HCL managers.
Enivironment: CA LISA, HP ALM, HP Unified Functional Tester, HP - PC, Selenium scripting, Rational Functional Tester and Rational Performance Tester, Ab Initio, QTP/UFT, MSSQL, Oracle
Confidential, Providence, RI
- Developed Traceability Matrix of Business Requirements mapped to Test Scripts to ensure any Change Control in requirements leads to test case update.
- Wrote SQL and PL/SQL scripts to perform database testing and to verify data integrity.
- Reported bugs and tracked defects using ALM/Quality Center
- Experienced working with Customer Information Data Mart for business reporting thru MDM and Reference Data
- Observed the Extract, Transform, Load process with Ab Initio and tested the data load process using the Ab Initio ETL tool
- Used the Descriptive Programming approach for developing Test Scripts using QTP/UFT
- Participate in developing test plans, including regression tests, for newly developed features in MDM
- Involved in testing of Universes from different data sources like Oracle/SQL Server.
- Executed test cases for web-based MicroStrategy reporting application.
- Strong ability in developing advanced SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted
- Extensively written Teradata SQL Queries, creating Tables and Views by following Teradata Best Practices.
- Development of automation Test scripts using Selenium WebDriver framework.
- Help define and track Data Quality and Data Governance metrics for MDM
- Worked with Unix for file manipulations, text processing, data parsing and Converted SQL queries results into Unix variable
- Created Automated Regression test scripts using CA LISA
- Assisted in creating fact and dimension table implementation in Star Schema model based on requirements
- Experienced in creating, enhancing and maintaining high-end test scripts for various functional and regression using UFT/QTP
- Tested MDM platform roadmaps for current vs. future state
- Involved in testing MicroStrategy reports including conditional formatting testing and threshold testing.
- Involved in creating source target mappings based on the Technical Design requirements.
- Used different sources for Input
- Tested several data validation graphs developed in Ab Initio environment
- Built Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver
- Performed back-end testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Extensively tested web service functionality and Performance using CA LISA and Load Runner
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Involved in developing detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts using Quality Center for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Involved in testing all the reports that were generated through MicroStrategy.
- Preparation of technical specifications and Source to Target mappings.
- Extensively used SQL programming in backend and front-end functions, procedures, packages to implement business rules and security
- Solid testing experience in working with SQL Stored Procedures, triggers, views and worked with performance tuning of complex SQL queries
- Extensively used Ab Initio tool to extract, transform and load the data from Oracle to DB2
- Help define and track Data Quality and Data Governance metrics for MDM
- Extracted data from various sources like Oracle, flat files and SQL Server.
- Have experience on Web Services Testing using SOAP UI tool. Worked on automating some web services using CA LISA tool. Experience working on Service Virtualization
- Optimizing/Tuning several complex SQL queries for better performance and efficiency.
- Created various PL/SQL stored procedures for dropping and recreating indexes on target tables.
- Worked with non-transactional data entities for multiple feeds of reference data using Master Data Management
- Performed regression testing for every modification in the application and new builds using QTP/UFT
- Tested several UNIX Shell Scripts and for connecting to database and for file manipulation of data
- Identifying the Test Cases to be automated and developed automation test scripts using Selenium Web
- Validated various Reports, Custom filters, Prompts, Custom groups, Consolidations and Drill paths developed in MicroStrategy.
- Extensively used Ab Initio tool to extract, transform and load the data from Oracle to DB2 and tested the Ab Initio graphs
- Responsible for web services testing using CA LISA. Worked on SOAP UI responses files to record different services using VSE recorded wizard specifying basic config details
- Did source identification, data collection, data manipulation and normalization and rule administration for data consolidation using MDM
- Extensively used Teradata load utilities Fast load, Multiload and FastExport to extract, transform and load the Teradata data warehouse
- Responsible for different Data mapping activities from Source systems to Teradata
- Queried Teradata Database and validated the data using Sql Assistant.
- Worked on issues with migration from development to testing.
- Experienced in data analysis using SQL, PL/SQL and many other queries based applications.
- Involved in developing UNIX Korn Shell wrappers to run various dependency graphs.
- Created different user defined functions for applying appropriate business rules
- Worked on test data and completed unit testing to check all business rules and requirements are met. Also tested for negative data to check that the job fails on any critical error.
- Written test cases and completed unit test documentation.
Environment: XML, XSD, Ab Initio, UNIX, Teradata, Teradata SQL Assistant, CA LISA, QTP/UFT, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, DB2, T-SQL, TOAD, Quality Center
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Quality Center
- Involved in Data mapping specifications to create and execute detailed system test plans.
- Validated various MicroStrategy reports such as ad hoc, grids, graphs.
- Involved in Teradata SQL Development, Unit Testing and Performance Tuning
- Tested Complex ETL Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables.
- Used CA LISA for service Virtualization to test web Portal services, also used CA LISA test to apply filters and assertions for verification and validation.
- Extraction of test data from tables and loading of data into SQL tables.
- Developed and tested all the informatica mappings, sessions and workflows - involving several Tasks.
- Tested both conditional formatting and threshold level testing for several reports developed in Microstrategy.
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing)
- Tested the ETL process for both before data validation and after data validation process. Tested the messages published by ETL tool and data loaded into various databases
- Responsible for Data mapping testing by writing complex SQL Queries using WINSQL
- Experience in creating UNIX scripts for file transfer and file manipulation.
- Validating the data passed to downstream systems.
- Involved in testing data mapping and conversion in a server based data warehouse.
- Involved in testing the UI applications
- Worked on troubleshooting different virtual services using CA LISA.
- Extensively used MicroStrategy for report generation.
- Involved in Security testing for different LDAP roles.
- Used Quality Center to track and report system defects
- Involved in testing the XML files and checked whether data is parsed and loaded to staging tables.
- Responsible for creating test cases to make sure the data originating from source is making into target properly in the right format.
Environment: DB2, Java, SQL, Teradata, Teradata SQL Assistant, CA LISA, UNIX, Shell Scripting, WINSQL, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, XML, Windows XP, Quality Center
- Created PL/SQL procedures, triggers, views, functions.
- Gathered information about the transaction process, planning and development of the various screens.
- Responsible for designing database tables and writing SQL & PL/SQL procedures, functions.
- Developed various forms (screens) and some complex reports.
- Generated expected liability sheet containing loan no, name, amount disbursed, no of installments, gestation period.
- Written complex SQL queries for each level of data validation.
- Involved in creating both positive and negative test data to cover all business scenarios
- Involved in developing detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts for Functional, Security and Regression Testing.
- Written Test Scripts based on the Business requirements and executed Functional testing and data validation, data reconciliation with defect correction and retesting, followed by regression and performance testing.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Used SQL for Querying the DB2 database in UNIX environment
- Tested the Oracle Applications and Portals like Executive Dashboard, Drill Down, Summary Reports, Portal built on Oracle.
Environment: Oracle, Visual Café, Rational Rose, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Windows