- 8+ years of extensive experience in Information Technology with emphasis on Quality Assurance, Manual Testing, Automated Testing and System Testing of web - based, highly transactional and large Client/Server/Multi-tier applications.
- Worked in various stages of SDLC and strong knowledge of Software methodologies including Agile and Waterfall.
- Extended experience in System Testing, Integration Testing, UAT testing, Functionality testing, and Regression Testing.
- Experienced in designing Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Data, Test case Execution, Preparation of Test Summary Report and Preparation of Defect Summary Report.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts.
- Experience in Automation testing using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/, JUnit, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Cucumber and Soap UI.
- Experience in Automation Testing using QTP/UFT.
- Working experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Scripts.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries to perform Data Validation and Back end testing of databases to check the integrity of data.
- Complete knowledge of Bug Life Cycle and Bug Tracking Process through using various test management tools like JIRA, Rally and ALM/Quality Center.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, leadership qualities, systematic approach and ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player, result oriented, hardworking and eager to learn new technologies.
Testing Automation Tools: Selenium Web Driver/IDE/RC/GRID, JUnit, Cucumber, Firebug, TestNG, SOAPUI, Coded UI and UFT.
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, Microsoft Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/7, UNIX
Database: MS Access, Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
Other Tools: Arena and All Basic computer software
Confidential, Scranton, PA
QA Automation Engineer
- Coordinated with Business users and Subject Matter Experts to analyze business needs, gather and document business and system requirements
- Develop Test Plans and Test Summary Reports.
- Coordinate with data seeding teams to build the data sets required for the testing efforts.
- Actively participated in release, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
- Involved in providing inputs on user story breakdown based on story point analysis from testing stand point.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse and TestNG frameworks.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, protractor to handle Angular JS, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile releases.
- Used Grid to run parallel tests. Managed test suites using TestNG.
- Used Jenkins, GIT Hub to maintain full test repository (tests, changes, version controlling).
- Defects were tracked in JIRA.
- Involved in Test Readiness Review (TRR) and Acceptance Readiness Review (ARR) meetings.
Environment: Java , Selenium WebDriver , TestNG, Maven, Jenkins , SOUPUI,HTML, XML, XPath, Protractor, Rally, Web Services (SOAP & RESTFUL) Quality Centre, Firebug, SQL, PL/SQL, Putty, Win SCP, SQL Navigator, CSS, Oracle, UNIX, Windows.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
QA Automation Engineer
- Performed Manual and automation on web based application.
- Worked in Agile - Scrum environment with frequently changing requirements.
- Reviewed product requirements and functional specification to involve in developing Test strategy, test plan and test case documents.
- Interacted with Business Analyst for clarifications, review of test scenarios and sign off.
- Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Selenium Grid and Maven.
- Used Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on different platform, browser combinations in parallel.
- Developed Keyword Driven and Data Driven frameworks to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files and SQL Databases.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Built automation regression test suite for the application which can be executed during each sprint releases.
- Wrote SQL queries extensively, queried database and generated test reports.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT), developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring proper and accurate documentation.
- Reviewed the Test Reports and Preparing Test Summary Report.
- Defects were tracked in JIRA.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Jenkins, ANT, SOAP, Cucumber, Eclipse, SQL, Oracle, Java, JIRA, HP ALM(Quality Center), Junit, TestNG, Firebug, XPath, Windows 7 and UNIX.
- Prepared Test Plans for each release, written Test Cases and executed them as part of Functional Testing.
- Prepared Test Reports and Deliverables and submitted for version releases.
- Automated Smoke tests using UFT.
- Conducted Functional, Integration and Regression testing of the Application.
- Involved in design and development of automation frameworks- Keyword Driven framework, Data Driven framework and Hybrid framework for a number of projects using UFT.
- Identified regression scenarios and Automated using UFT.
- Conducted Data Driven Testing using UFT.
- Used Clear Quest for bug tracking tool to analyze& capture bugs, track and manage dashboard any type of updates for project release.
- Experience in interacting directly with End User Clients
Environment: UFT 11.5, Quality Center, Soap UI, HTML, XML, Oracle, Java Script, UNIX and Windows.
- Worked closely with the Developers, Analysts, and Architects for knowledge sharing and to resolve issues during scrum sessions using Agile Methodology.
- Responsible for creating Test Plans and Test Cases and Test Summary Reports
- Involved in all phases of Test execution like Sanity Testing, Security testing, Functional Testing, Adhoc Testing and Regression Testing.
- Monitored and tracked defects and managed through resolution using ALM/Quality Center.
- Executed the transactions manually and verify the back end functionalities and data exploitation.
- Wrote complex queries for data validation/justification using SQL statements.
- Developed Web Service Test with Soap UI to test SOA platform.
- Maintained the GUI objects in the shared object repository by using Object Repository Manager in QTP and performed compatibility testing
- Interacted with developers, discussed technical problems, provided feedback concerning completeness and reported bugs.
- Participated in weekly project status meetings with the management team and walkthroughs.
Environment:: Oracle 10g, SQL * Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, SQL Developer, Ant, Eclipse 3.3, Quality Center (QC), Mainframe, Android, IOS, HP/ALM, IBM DB2, Emulator, Jira, TFS (Team Foundation Server), MTM, Visual Studio Test Manager.