- Over 11 years of extensive experience in testing various software applications with an exposure to different platforms and software systems.
- More than 7 years’ experience in leading testing projects and provide leadership to testing resources
- Involved in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Proficient in writing Test Plans, Test Set/Cases and Test Scripts.
- Expertise in black box and white box testing techniques.
- Expert in front - end and back-end testing
- Extensively involved in Functional, Integration and Regression testing.
- Experience in C#, ASP.NET, XML Web Services.
- Experience in developing XML Web Services using WSDL and SOAP.
- Extensive experience in object oriented programming.
- Experience in Mercury Interactive Test Suite (WinRunner, TestDirector, LoadRunner, QualityCenter, QTP) and Bugzilla
- Good exposure to both Automated/Manual testing.
- Extensively involved in Quality assurance of Web based and Client/Server applications.
- Worked in several capacities, including QA module lead, Test Engineer & Programmer.
- Good problem solving and programming skills, ability to learn and use new systems and paradigms.
- Team Player, result oriented, fast learner with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/95/98/2000/XP/7, Sun Solaris, UNIX, LINUX, MS-DOS
Languages: C, C++, PL/SQL,T-SQL
Applications: ASP.NET, C# .NET, ASP, HTML, XML, SOAP, Web Services
Database/ Data Access: MS SQL Server, Oracle, SQL Navigator, TOAD, MS Access
Web/ Application Servers: Internet Information Server (IIS)
GUI Tools: VB 6.0, Developer 2000, Visual Studio.NET
MS Packages: MS Office 2000(Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project)
Configuration Library: Microsoft Visual SourceSafe
Testing Tools: WinRunner, LoadRunner, QuickTestPro
Defect Management Tool: TestDirector, Quality Center, ALCM, Bugzilla,Sharepoint, TFS, JIRA,Rally
Methodologies: Six Sigma, Agile, WaterFall
- Responsible for designing and executing test plans from business requirements.
- Performed role of Project QA lead on assigned projects with test team of 2-3 testers.
- Involved in full lifecycle Data Migration Test utilizing SQL.
- Involved in requirement meetings and testing for new android mobile application.
- Implementation of automated test processes, software, and training of other QA staff.
- Accountable for conducting testing efforts for multiple efforts concurrently.
- Generates functional and regression test cases for manual and automated testing utilizing Selenium
- Responsible for identifying, tracking and reporting testing results and application defects using JIRA.
- Involve in the evaluation and implementation of test automation
- Experience with Jenkins/Maven
- Utilized SQL queries to perform testing.
Senior QA/QA Lead
- Established and evolved formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices
- Reviewed business requirements and specifications for consistency in quality standards and preparation for testing
- Establish a Test strategy and test plans
- Updated TFS requirement traceability, test cases, test sets and defects according to QA standards
- Engaged with application development team during defect resolution
- Record and track issues /defects, and coordinate with the client through the fix resolution and production verification
- Established Metrics for each sprint and reported to the stake folders
- Reviewed Test Deliverables to ensure compliance to the Test Strategy
- Analyzed test metric to determine quality and forecast release readiness.
- Researched and evaluated new testing technologies and tools to improve QA practices
- Acted as a key point for all QA aspects’ of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally
- Coordinated a offshore team
- Worked in manual and automation QA testing.
- QA point of contact for the leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Own test plans and documentation that communicates the standards and procedures of QA teams.
- Represented QA in scrum/defect review meetings with project team stakeholders to discuss issue found during testing and their current statuses.
- Lead automation activities within the automation framework using QTP 11.0.
- Strong management and leadership for direct reports with capacity to mentor and coach QA staff.
- Implement, gather, and report team and project metrics which demonstrate business value and showing continuous improvement in an Agile environment.
- Accountable for the quality of test services during all stages of SDLC.
- Support customers in troubleshooting exercises.
- Validated database updates and changes using SQL queries.
- Analyze functional business requirements for completeness and test case preparation
- Review test scripts for manual execution based on Business Requirements and direction from the development and product managers.
- Interface and coordinate research/resolution of issues with the Customers
- Keep management informed of testing project status, raise issues/risks
- Work closely with development and product management staff to discuss defects and resolutions
- Participate in and provide input during QA process improvement initiatives
Environment: Windows XP, Websphere 5.1, QTP,Rally,HP ALM, SQL server, VisioConfidential, PORTSMOUTH, NH
Senior QA/QA Lead
- Responsible for creating and managing a software QA program
- Collaborated with key stakeholders to establish and execute project testing objectives.
- Point of QA contact for assigned Vendor to work with and meet the requirements of the vendor
- Act as a SME for the Vendor End to End testing and act as a triage manager for Vendor logged issues
- Responsible for generating new strategies and plans for improving quality of the product
- Architected and implemented QA processes and practices, including defect and test management
- Identify project risks and mitigation activities for resolution meeting technical and business needs.
- Actively participate in Program & Delivery Management process improvements.
- Provides detailed plans of complex projects and status reports of work in progress and future projections
- Created QA Project Plans for all phases of the Life Cycle
- Created Test Strategy and Test Plan document standards
- Defined Entrance / Exit criteria and provided continual Risk Assessments to Senior Management
- Defined Ambiguities with the Business and Functional Requirements. Worked with Business Analysts to clarify Ambiguities
- Verified traceability of Test Conditions to Test Cases in QC
- Responsible for running Smoke Test for the several banking projects and for creating Test Plans and executing test in the Test Lab using QC/ALM11
- Provided Test Estimates for various phases of the project
- Analyzed recorded and modified client-server traffic using an HTTP monitor.
- Managed Web services based QA effort delivery to client
- Created and ran functional and load tests on web services prior to implementation.
- Coached the Team and worked with Soap UI tool to test web services
- Carried out Data integrity and Data consistency testing.
- Lead QA ‘Best Practices’ implementation effort
- Worked on Resource planning and estimates
- Investigated for process improvement tools
- Ensured appropriate QA documentation is updated, including processes and test scenarios
- Lead production support QA team to ensure best in class service delivery
- Actively participated in Program & Delivery Management process improvements.
Environment: UNIX(Solaris), Windows XP, Websphere 5.1,MQ explorer, Oracle, MS Access, SQL server, TOAD, Visual Basic, Soap UI 4.0.1, Quality Center, XMLConfidential, PORTLAND ME
Senior QA/QA Lead
- Designed and Developed Test Cases according to Functional Requirements and design specifications of the application.
- Executed Test cases and reviewed the results by comparing the actual results against the expected results.
- Performed stress test and performance test to Improve service to the customers by implementing a flexible and adaptable order entry service that can be used across all of L.L.Bean’s touchpoints.
- Written SQL scripts for back end testing
- Performing queries to the database using 'SQL' to check successful Transaction & to create particular test cases
- Test development, test enhancements, and test execution of the application using Quick Test Pro & Test Director.
- Measured the performance of system, application server, web server and database server resources using LoadRunner online monitors. Analyzed the response times and resource graphs over various loads.
- Responsible for defect tracking and reporting the bugs using Test Director
- Presentation of the QA Status report and the Defect Status reports in the weekly meeting
- Documented the verified test results after executing the scripts.
- Assist developers with reproducing defects and providing additional information as needed.
Environment: Java, JDBC, WSAD 5.1.1, DB2, Quest Central for DB2 v3.1.1, ASP, ClearCase, LoadRunner 8.0, Test Director, Win Runner 7.x, Quick Test Pro.Confidential, Rochester MN
- Performance testing on WebSphere Application Server 5.0/5.1 for iSeries and Domino based applications
- Simulated Vusers to check the performance of mail operations on Lotus Domino 6.x
- Created and ran Virtual users scripts against a websphere commerce Scenario
- Performed Stress Test against an internal, test area Apache HTTP server, serving both static pages(online documentation repository) and servlets (ping,ftp and personal webpages)
- Ran web scripts against the DB2 OLAP Scenario
- Performed Regression testing for the functionality of Applications using Mercury testing tool LoadRunner
- Record and edit recorded scripts to include necessary parameterization and logic using VUGEN
- Stress/Load test the application to isolate and identify potential client, network, and server bottlenecks.
- Performed a benchmark run employing a small number of users for comparison purposes as the number of users is increased in subsequent runs
- Tested iseries and pSeries hardware
- Performed test execution and evaluated the results
- Responsible for system log checking
- Worked with developers to improve the scalability of the Application.
Environment: IBM OS/400,WebSphere Application Server Express 5.0.2/5.1, IBM HTTP Server,iSeries Access,iSeries Navigator,Lotus Domino For iSeries V6.5, DB2 OLAP Server 8.1, Windows XP/2000, LDAP,MQSeries for AS/400,Unix,LoadRunner 7.8, Test Director, Win Runner 7.x.